Want to sell everything, been in thailand 14 years

aquadreams

Maybe the OP needs to sell to get home. The lot of you could be a bit more helpful in your posts.

I am sorry but I was trying to be helpful. Admit the OP was not very forthcoming, but who wants to buy 14 year old second hand goods? Of course not all of his items are that age, but I, and have so many said on the forum, he will not get what he expects / wants. 2nd hand domestics are a buyers market not a sellers.

And if as you suggest (hopefully wrongly) that the OP needs to sell to repatriate himself, then life must have turned upside down. Welcome to Thailand!

I admit that reads harsh, but so are realities in life. Good luck to the OP

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As suggested please try to supply more info on what you have then someone on TV may even take it all-and you should mention a starting price-basically list the more expensive items and lump everything into categories-appliances-furniture-etc.etc.Cheers.

Load it all up, take it down the local Sunday market, set up a stall, whack out a sign 'everything must go'. Maybe even get a Thai you can trust to do the selling. Might be worth a shot..

I do know of one westerner, come to think of it, that a couple of years back set up in his front yard, and sold a good portion of it, all to locals. Thais won't generally buy used beds, but pots and pans and TVs and and antiques, sure.

EDIT: Just saw you are in BKK. Advertise here. If the items are in decent shape, you'll sell it all at fair prices. Suggest you post separate ads for the larger items, and turn away low-ballers. They'll usually come back the next day.

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Maybe the OP needs to sell to get home. The lot of you could be a bit more helpful in your posts.

You are quite right I was definitely less than helpful and I apologise. I withdraw the Big Skip remark.  

Den

Well done Den; although I don't think a bit of genuine humour goes amiss in any thread - and yours was definitely funny. [ I ain't withdrawing my like]

I hope the OP gets what he wants - there's a lot of sound advice on the thread, despite the limited info provided

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Load it all up, take it down the local Sunday market, set up a stall, whack out a sign 'everything must go'. Maybe even get a Thai you can trust to do the selling. Might be worth a shot..

I do know of one westerner, come to think of it, that a couple of years back set up in his front yard, and sold a good portion of it, all to locals. Thais won't generally buy used beds, but pots and pans and TVs and and antiques, sure.

EDIT: Just saw you are in BKK. Advertise here. If the items are in decent shape, you'll sell it all at fair prices. Suggest you post separate ads for the larger items, and turn away low-ballers. They'll usually come back the next day.

Sorry didn't see your post. OK maybe not the first to have a yard sale

It is getting quit stupid. May as well close the thread. I just wanted to know where is a good place to liquidate all of my stuff. It is mostly expensive things and high quality, some are antiques. Nevermind, I'll figure it out somewhere else...

The stupid part is several members have stated they might be interested in your stuff and asked you to list a few things, but you are ignoring that!

If you are serious and not a troll post a few items.

My friend moved back to the USA several years ago. He had some good stuff. He posted his items for sale in the lobby and in the elevator of the condo he lived in and sold some things on Thai Visa. He was expecting top dollar but ended up taking what he could get.

Last option is thinking about shipping your items home. It's not as expensive as you might think if you ship break bulk with a freight forwarding company. It will take some time, can be 1-2 months depending on where you live but low cost.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

It is getting quit stupid. May as well close the thread. I just wanted to know where is a good place to liquidate all of my stuff. It is mostly expensive things and high quality, some are antiques. Nevermind, I'll figure it out somewhere else...

The stupid part is you did not answer any questions

There are potential buyers asking on this thread what you have but you declined to answer

I agree..

the Original Post is acting arrogant and rude.

myself (and several others) have stated genuine interest in buying things. he has no idea what kind of money we have to buy things. Does the original poster believe he is above us in some way?

just coz we dont know any auction house in bangkok for you, we have suggested garage sales and several other things too.

if a few people want to make a few jokes here and there, thats a silly attitude to take it so seriously and turn your back on everyone that was trying to help you out.

I have posted loads of questions in forums here.. i often get wise-crack joke replies, along with a couple of good ones!

its a shame you didnt answer even ONE of the questions that we have all been asking you.

if anything,,, we are all frustrated at you for not telling us what you had to sell !!

pretty much a big tease! LOL!

good luck where ever life takes you.

When myself and family left LOS this April we had about 100k worth of furnishings ( cost 100k a year earlier )

40 inch Tv, Sound surround, beds, 2 sofas, kitchen and laundry stuff, PC, and a few other bits and bobs.

All mid range makes ( Samsung/Sony etc)

We asked around and we got 35k for the lot from a middle aged fruit seller.

She arrived on the day of our departure in a brand new 4x4 :)

Not a great deal but more than I thought we'd get.

It definitely helps if you have a wife/partner who knows the locals

The 35k paid for our first meal back in UK.....

• Like 2

Take photos of your big ticket items and list them individually across classified sites in both Thai and English: Thaivisa, Pramool, Sanook shopping, Bangkok Post, Craigslist etc. Put prices on everything else so when people come to look at your big stuff they can buy other things also. I sold off an entire apartment in a week doing it this way.

Hi,

Collingbourne Auctions Pattaya.....

It would not cost much to get a truck load delivered from BKK, they may even do a pickup.

I sold a house contents via them a while ago, got a reasonable price....very close to estimate.

They have a website. Auctions every Saturday which includes cars and motorcycles as well as all the usual household goods.

Good Luck

Things that here do not have so much value, may worth a lot in western countries, like antiques, paintings and carvings, even a very old bike.

If you thinks your value is a million, here and with much luck, you will get 10% of that and all the aggravations with bargaining....

Give ALL to a temple and get a blessing and a golden plastic Buddha chain for you remember your good action...

You must have a " Walking Street " take your goods there and see what you can get but what you think is a fair price is not always what a buyer thinks. When I left the UK I held a number of garage sales total sales came to £700 the estimated cost of items was over £4,000 the rest I gave away to charities accept for items that were very personal . Good luck with your sale !!!!!!!!!!

I had the exact same experience when I left the US. Had some serious trade tools and other quality stuff. Didn't get squat. I farmed out the real personal stuff with a lot of emotional value to relatives for safe keeping.

One Million baht divided by 14 years divided by 365 days = less than TB200 a day

To put in realistic terms a couple of beers !

Walk away - forget it - I did when I left my condo in Penang smile.png

On the button papadragon - walk away man and save yourself the hassle.....

I am a collector of really bad art. Especially tacky (preferably velvet) nudes of Thai women in river bathing scenes. The kind you see in a ST hotel. Do you have any of those in your 1 million baht worth of stuff? I would be keen to aquire some.

I want to open a restaurant that serves nothing but soup and call it "Pol's Pot". Figured that these would make good decorations.

I would imagine your soup would be as tasteless as the choice of restaurant name.

Thai people will enjoy my soup as much, if not more, than Hitler Chicken.

My Idi Amin eggrolls are sublime btw.

• Like 2