Young Nephew visiting UK

My Thai wife who is also a UK citizen has lived in the UK for over eight years but none of her family have ever visited us.

Her nephew, (in his early twenties) is studying in Khon Kean university and approaching the end of his degree but before he completes his degree he would like to visit us for a month in April.

My two questions are:

1; Although we can fully financially support him and produce the required evidence he has no job, salary, house etc. He does already have a passport and visited Vietnam as part of his degree.

His University will write a letter confirming he is studying for his degree and will need to return to Thailand to finish his exams and complete the course. Would this be enough for the UK Visa Officer.

2; the nephews mother (my wife's sister) might come to the UK with him. She has a house, farm, husband who is a local councillor and has other family in Thailand, mum, dad etc.

We would financially support her also but would her travelling to the UK help with her sons application ?

Sorry for the "long winded" explanation. Any advice would be welcomed.

I don't really see an issue, but the ECO may wonder how he can afford a months holiday as he his coming towards the end of the agree course.

The Uni may well write a letter saying he is expected to return to complete his studies, but I think they should add that a month away isn't unusual and wouldn't interfere with his studies.

The Uni may well write a letter saying he is expected to return to complete his studies, but I think they should add that a month away isn't unusual and wouldn't interfere with his studies.

My step son was a university student when he visited us in the UK and we provided such a letter. He got the visa.

ant07,

Each application is treated on it's own merits, so his mother applying at the same time should not have any effect on his application, and vice versa.

If you are providing the finance for the visits then you must, obviously, provide evidence that you have the means to do so.

You may find UK visit visa basics. helpful.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the replies.

We have finished the process although we are still confused.

My nephew received a text today to confirm his application has been processed and his passport will be returned.

However it does not say whether the application has been successful or not.

Obviously we will have to wait until the passport is returned but it seems strange they don't include the result in the text ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all that replied to my questions. My sister in law and her son both successfully got their visa and will be visiting us in the UK for just over three weeks in April. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand