I miss Thailand. :( Just checking in...

phuturatica

yes I remember you quite well from the gout threads I researched as I have gout and it flares up once in a while. I remember being surprised seeing you in those threads as your age and gender gout is not normally a problem. sorry for your current condition but hopefully you can get it cleared up.

Hi guys,

For those of you who remember me when I was an active member - I lived in Thailand for 2 years during 2011 - 2013 and unfortunately I had to return home back to the UK in May 2013 due to ill health.

I've always had kidney problems and I took a gamble moving to Thailand in the first place. Either way, I had a fantastic 2 years in Thailand and I don't regret the decision to move out there. I miss Thailand an awful lot. :(

I am now at home in the UK where it's cold and rainy and I'm now on kidney dialysis. I'm waiting for a kidney transplant and on the list currently. Hopefully the wait won't be too long so I can get back out to South East Asia, even if it's only for a holiday!

I've started a blog to explain my journey and experience being on dialysis and I thought it might be an interesting read to some of you guys. I found that there is scarily little amount of information about people on peritoneal dialysis and not many people sharing their experiences so I decided to fill in a niche market.

My blog is here: http://girlondialysis.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope everyone is well!

(If this is in the wrong subforum then my apologies, please move it)

Wish you all the best and a speedy return to the land of smiles ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't really recognize you but I can sure identify with your questions on health.

I recently had a hip replacement. A minor thing compared to what you are facing. When you mentioned a thousand questions and nothing there when you saw the doctor I intimately identified with you. I went through the same thing. Even after the successful replacement I had questions that I could never remember when I saw him. For instance I was told to keep my knee below the hip. I could never remember to ask him how long. also other questions that were really not important but would have eased my apprehensions.

Al the best to you. i hope things go as smoothly for you as they did for me. Of course as I say no comparison. I was in the minor leagues. You are in the major leagues.402.gif.pagespeed.ce.HNbqXbHGas.gif

yes I remember you quite well from the gout threads I researched as I have gout and it flares up once in a while. I remember being surprised seeing you in those threads as your age and gender gout is not normally a problem. sorry for your current condition but hopefully you can get it cleared up.

Yeah, the gout I was getting was caused by my kidney failure! My kidney just couldn't shift the uric acid in my body making gout attacks flare up all the time! Totally nightmare!

I'm very happy to announce that since being on dialysis I have not had any gout attacks which is good! Gout is horrendous and don't wish it on my worse enemy! bah.gif

• Like 2

Aww thank you very much guys for the well wishes! Surprisingly I did miss Thaivisa and all your old ramblings and moanings! Some of you have a way with words which used to make me chuckle!

you be back soon! but whats with the haircolor? you +30 and emo ?

Are you implying I am over the age of 30 and emo? You should get your facts right first, otherwise you look stupid...

I could go ahead and be quick to judge that you're obviously a geeky sexpat living in Patong thinking that you're in love cause a Thai girl pays you some attention.... But wait, that would be considered very judgmental right? whistling.gif

Yep, really missed that sort of rebuke, it takes a talent that precious few have.

I will follow your blog as I am beginning that same journey, which started the same way with gout. It is of interest to me to try and understand what is happening to me, the lack of feeling in the Feet and now moving into my hands, I have constant pain in the kidney area etc,.

My being much older than you, and having lived a long and eventful life, my concern is only remaining as comfortable as possible. As I was only diagnosed a year and a half ago, I already found some mental relief in your words that the end may not be as immediate as I have feared.

I am sure there is many more people that will have as much interest in your life's journey as I have, and thank you very much for sharing.

May good health as well as go luck be on your side in your current battle.

Cheers:wai2.gif

• Like 1

You have been missed ......after reading your blog i really hope your transplant is soon and that you can get back to living your life again....strange really but it seems the gout was a blessing and fate transpired to take you back home.

Good look mate ...how is Manchester ........Rainy! biggrin.png

Best wishes in your journey.thumbsup.gif

Edited by MrRed