where to buy Windows 7 orginal

thaitero

I think I saw somewhere that from Feb next year, MS are no longer going to service Windows 7 with patches and updates. So to keep using it, you will place yourself in a vulnerable position if you do banking etc.

Simply not true.

Support for Windows 7 RTM without service packs ended on April 9, 2013

Windows 7 Service Pack 1:

End of mainstream support ends January 13, 2015

End of extended support ends January 14, 2020

Extended Support phase provides for:

• Paid support (per-incident, per hour, and others)
  • Security update support
  • Non-security hotfix support (Requires extended hotfix agreement, purchased within 90 days of mainstream support ending.)
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the online Microsoft Knowledge Base
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the Support site at Microsoft Help and Support to find answers to technical questions
Note: A hotfix is a modification to the commercially available Microsoft product software code to address specific critical problems.

ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle#section_1

Yeah, and Windows 8 is only 3 years ahead of that.

I'll wait for Windows 9 and skip Windows 8. Life is too short to be messing around with new operating systems when the old ones work fine. Windows 8 doesn't really benefit home PC or laptop users anyway.

I skipped Vista, and that was lucky. I'll let the impatient new customers solve the teething problems of new operating systems. I don't work for Microsoft.

In the meanwhile, you an get very good Windows 7 (Ultimate) operating systems "online". On my Sony laptop my original registered basic Windows 7 was terrible and now I do much better with a fully featured free "online" version..xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.TZt5dYe8BC.webp The paid-for version was nothing but trouble.

What a strange post. You don't need to use a hacked copy if you have a legitimate licence with Sony. Just a clean install of a genuine disc without all of the SONY bundled crap would have had the desired effect.

What a strange post. You don't need to use a hacked copy if you have a legitimate licence with Sony. Just a clean install of a genuine disc without all of the SONY bundled crap would have had the desired effect.

I prefer my hacked 7 Ultimate over my genuine basic. Wonders will never cease.

I had reinstalled the genuine basic version once already without all the Sony bundled crap.... and then recently I had to do it all over again... Because my basic factory OE version is a 2010 version, after I've install it I have to wait forever while hundreds of updates download and install, which annoys the crap out of me ... compared to my up-to-the minute hacked 7 ultimate version which of course is nearly up-to-date. Then there's the advantage that I don't have to delete dozens of Sony bundled crap... rather than selectively install some of them which are required to run my machine.

Edited by tropo