where to buy Windows 7 orginal

thaitero

it is mirosoft's policy to sell localized copy's now.

So if you buy one here., it is not valid in the US of A or in Europe.

This will not fly.

But if you find a win OEM (without the fancy box) ( go for the plain white one)you'll pay around 6000 thb for the ultimate version.

You need to choose OEM or the Full License Retail.

OEM can be used on one machine only. It is tied to that ONE motherboard so if there are major repairs to your original computer, it may be over.

Full License Retail can be used on only one machine at a time but you can move the program to other machines later.

Yes IT City now sells Window 7 Full License Retail.

I think about 5K baht or so for the non-fancy version.

If you want OEM you can buy at Hardware City on a lower floor.

As Windows 8 is now the thing, it's going to become harder to find original Windows 7 for sale, so act sooner than later if you prefer 7 (as I do).

Edited by Jingthing

it is mirosoft's policy to sell localized copy's now.

So if you buy one here., it is not valid in the US of A or in Europe.

That's not exactly the case.

MS sell a special discounted SE Asia version of Windows (and also Office) here that has to be activated from an IP address somewhere in SE Asia. Apart from that it is the same as the versions purchased in Europe or the US.

Once activated it can be used anywhere. And of course activation also works over a VPN.

You can also buy more expensive versions here that dont have the SE Asia requirement for activation.

I've seen all of them in Tukcom.

• Like 2

I just bought Windows 7 Home Premium for Pattaya 2 U in Tukcom. It cost me3999 baht and instalation was 400 baht. It means it must be activated in SEA but of course workd anywhere after that.

post-147691-0-44383300-1383795590_thumb.

post-147691-0-04840500-1383795635_thumb.

Edited by Rimmer
Font size

Thanks for the info
I have to think about what i am gonna do.
I have a home pc from Finland with FIN XP Home /oem and it is getting every day slower and slower to start despite using some "cleaning softwares" etc

One option is to format c/ and reinstall of my xp but i heard Micrsoft is finishing their support for xp so i thought to uppgrade the system to win 7 with new install..
Easier thought than done, When i go to microsoft.fi, they tell that xp support is near to finish but nowhere there is the link where i can buy/download win 7 uppgrade..

Well, maby i buy win 7 from tuckom or just do new install of xp and buy win 7 next when i am back in finland next spring since it seems it is imposspble to buy this uppgrade online...????

OEM versions are supposed to be for NEW computers only. The Windows sold here (OEM and non-OEM) are indeed meant for initial activation in Southeast Asia. For the non-OEM which you can move to new computers, I don't know whether or not you could first activate in SEA and then later install it on a new computer outside the region. If I had to guess, I'd say no. You can of course use a functional regional installation (OEM or not) anywhere in the world but that's different than the ability to INSTALL it anywhere.

Edited by Jingthing

I have a home pc from Finland with FIN XP Home /oem and it is getting every day slower and slower to start despite using some "cleaning softwares" etc

One option is to format c/ and reinstall of my xp but i heard Micrsoft is finishing their support for xp so i thought to uppgrade the system to win 7 with new install..

Easier thought than done, When i go to microsoft.fi, they tell that xp support is near to finish but nowhere there is the link where i can buy/download win 7 uppgrade..

The only upgrade you will find direct from MS will be Windows 8 as Win7 is no longer marketed directly. You can still find Win7 in shops though. Not all older machines will run Windows 8 anyway, so you should check using the MS tool for this before purchase.

You dont mention the age or spec of the PC but you may find that it just isnt powerful enough to run either Win7 or Win8 successfully. In this case you would be looking at a new PC. In my experience anything running XP from new is probably getting a bit long in the tooth now.

No matter which version of Win7 or 8 you may buy there is no direct upgrade path from XP: it amounts to a fresh install, though for an upgrade pack you may also need to have XP already installed for the upgrade install to start. There are some exceptions and workarounds to this.

You also dont mention whether you want the OS in Finnish or English.

If you dont use any special Windows-only software then you may find that using Linux gives your old PC a completely new lease of life. If all you do is web-browsing, emails, Office applications etc etc then you will hardly notice the difference when using Linux (except that the PC will work faster). I would recommend Ubuntu and you can try it on your PC without altering any of the software by using a Ubuntu Live CD. No purchase required.

Not all hardware (old scanners and printers etc) is compatible with Linux so you do need to check this. This applies also to Win 7 and Win 8.

The only upgrade you will find direct from MS will be Windows 8 as Win7 is no longer marketed directly. You can still find Win7 in shops though. Not all older machines will run Windows 8 anyway, so you should check using the MS tool for this before purchase.

You dont mention the age or spec of the PC but you may find that it just isnt powerful enough to run either Win7 or Win8 successfully. In this case you would be looking at a new PC. In my experience anything running XP from new is probably getting a bit long in the tooth now.

No matter which version of Win7 or 8 you may buy there is no direct upgrade path from XP: it amounts to a fresh install, though for an upgrade pack you may also need to have XP already installed for the upgrade install to start. There are some exceptions and workarounds to this.

If you dont use any special Windows-only software then you may find that using Linux gives your old PC a completely new lease of life. If all you do is web-browsing, emails, Office applications etc etc then you will hardly notice the difference when using Linux (except that the PC will work faster). I would recommend Ubuntu and you can try it on your PC without altering any of the software by using a Ubuntu Live CD. No purchase required.

Not all hardware (old scanners and printers etc) is compatible with Linux so you do need to check this. This applies also to Win 7 and Win 8.

I think I saw somewhere that from Feb next year, MS are no longer going to service Windows 7 with patches and updates. So to keep using it, you will place yourself in a vulnerable position if you do banking etc.

I think I saw somewhere that from Feb next year, MS are no longer going to service Windows 7 with patches and updates. So to keep using it, you will place yourself in a vulnerable position if you do banking etc.

Simply not true.

Support for Windows 7 RTM without service packs ended on April 9, 2013

Windows 7 Service Pack 1:

End of mainstream support ends January 13, 2015

End of extended support ends January 14, 2020

Extended Support phase provides for:

• Paid support (per-incident, per hour, and others)
  • Security update support
  • Non-security hotfix support (Requires extended hotfix agreement, purchased within 90 days of mainstream support ending.)
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the online Microsoft Knowledge Base
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the Support site at Microsoft Help and Support to find answers to technical questions

Note: A hotfix is a modification to the commercially available Microsoft product software code to address specific critical problems.

ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle#section_1

Edited by BB1950
  • Like 1

Top floor of TukCom (IT City)

They did not have win 7

I did not asked anywhere else instead i did format c and reinstalled of my xp..

It was quite a hassle and included many suprising steps but now my computer is fast again..smile.png

Support from microsoft is until apr/2014. I hope they will extend it or give some easy tool to uppgrade to win 7 by then..

Edited by thaitero

Thank for the tips..

Some rainy day i will try linux installion to another harddrive and look if it is enough for me..

For me english OS is o.k but i i would of cource prefer my own lang. I quess i will buy next year fin version from finland since it is impossible at least for now buy this online. And yes my computer is o. k with win 7 . One can download win 7 check program from microsoft website to check.

I did buy this computer when it was "vista time" but did not want that then..my PC has 4 gig ram, etc so enough for me for now..smile.png

They did not have win 7

It was quite a hassle and included many suprising steps but now my computer is fast again..smile.png

Support from microsoft is until apr/2014. I hope they will extend it or give some easy tool to uppgrade to win 7 by then..

Pretty close to that day this thread started they DID have it. Not sure of the timing of your request but you might want to check again.

You have a fast internet connection?

ISO images of misc Win 7 version can legally be downloaded (3 GB or more) from trusted sources.

I do NOT mean any pirated "no activation needed" versions!

Burn them to a DVD or copy to a bootable USB stick.

With such a medium you can do an installation which is legally usable for 30 days.

A valid license (number) for permanant activation can be bought online,

Thats what I would do (german language Win7, buying license at german ebay dealers).

Must admit: not sure whether you can order a license number without a box/DVD?

Microsoft ignores you and directs you to 8.1.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Simply not true.

Support for Windows 7 RTM without service packs ended on April 9, 2013

Windows 7 Service Pack 1:

End of mainstream support ends January 13, 2015

End of extended support ends January 14, 2020

Extended Support phase provides for:

• Paid support (per-incident, per hour, and others)
  • Security update support
  • Non-security hotfix support (Requires extended hotfix agreement, purchased within 90 days of mainstream support ending.)
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the online Microsoft Knowledge Base
  • Product-specific information that is available by using the Support site at Microsoft Help and Support to find answers to technical questions

Note: A hotfix is a modification to the commercially available Microsoft product software code to address specific critical problems.

ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle#section_1

Yeah, and Windows 8 is only 3 years ahead of that.

I'll wait for Windows 9 and skip Windows 8. Life is too short to be messing around with new operating systems when the old ones work fine. Windows 8 doesn't really benefit home PC or laptop users anyway.

I skipped Vista, and that was lucky. I'll let the impatient new customers solve the teething problems of new operating systems. I don't work for Microsoft.

In the meanwhile, you an get very good Windows 7 (Ultimate) operating systems "online". On my Sony laptop my original registered basic Windows 7 was terrible and now I do much better with a fully featured free "online" version..xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.TZt5dYe8BC.webp The paid-for version was nothing but trouble.

Edited by tropo

I just switched to Linux Ubuntu and very happy with it. As a result, I have a win 7 ultimate full blown with cd version for sale. PM me if interested.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

They did not have win 7

Pretty close to that day this thread started they DID have it. Not sure of the timing of your request but you might want to check again.

I visited it city today. i did not ask anything but this time i saw one package of win 7 for sale there. Not sure about the price but i think it was 5150 baht. I quess it depens the day if they have or not.

Thank for the tips..

Some rainy day i will try linux installion to another harddrive and look if it is enough for me..

For me english OS is o.k but i i would of cource prefer my own lang. I quess i will buy next year fin version from finland since it is impossible at least for now buy this online. And yes my computer is o. k with win 7 . One can download win 7 check program from microsoft website to check.

I did buy this computer when it was "vista time" but did not want that then..my PC has 4 gig ram, etc so enough for me for now..smile.png

It may still be possible to do this online. Let me take a closer look at your machine. Are you running XP Home or Professional?

Will send you a private message.

You can do this now using the free Ubuntu LiveCD which runs from the CD (or a USB stick) without permanently altering your hard drive in any way. It does not install unless you tell it to. Probably works in Finnish too.

Well worth trying, I think.

Edited by KittenKong

At the moment i do not need WIN 7 any more..

I have reinstalled my XP home and everything works fine.

XP support is valid until april 2014 and by then i have most likely visited my home country where i can buy win 7 if needed..

Linux or something like that i will try some day and if i like it, microsoft will dissapear completly from this machine smile.png

Thanks for the Ubuntu tip, i will look into that some day..

At the moment i do not need WIN 7 any more..

I have reinstalled my XP home and everything works fine.

XP support is valid until april 2014 and by then i have most likely visited my home country where i can buy win 7 if needed..

Linux or something like that i will try some day and if i like it, microsoft will dissapear completly from this machine smile.png

Thanks for the Ubuntu tip, i will look into that some day..

Ok, have just seen this post. Good luck.

to the OP

W7 will not solve your problem - fresh install of XP might improve things and having 2g of ram will also help

I would also recommend using MSE as your antivirus as Norton and McAfee (and others) are resource hoggers

I suspect you have a lot of stuff running you don't need and has been enabled and installed over the years - get rid of toolbars and check your msconfig and see what is starting when windows starts

sometimes you just need to really go through your installed programs and just remove anything not used for a month or like to be used in the future and just get rid of it/them - be brutal and honest