Renewing Motorcycle Tag and Green Book

davevi

I bought a motorcycle last year and the owner had already renewed the tax tag one month prior to us transferring the green book to my name.

I have two issues and one question:

1) The green book expired on November 3 and I need to renew that.

2) The tax tag expired in early October of last month and I renew that.

My question is how to renew both and where? Can they be done at the same place?

Any idea of approximate costs on a 250cc bike?

Thanks.

All bikes over 150cc charged the same, less than 1000B inc compulsory insurance.

Can all be done at the office in Nong Hoi at the junction of the lights near Holiday Inn/ Rajavej Hospital.

Alternatively, at the LTD office between Tesco Lotus and Big C on the road heading to Hang Dong from Airport Plaza.

All bikes over 150cc charged the same, less than 1000B inc compulsory insurance.

Can all be done at the office in Nong Hoi at the junction of the lights near Holiday Inn/ Rajavej Hospital.

Alternatively, at the LTD office between Tesco Lotus and Big C on the road heading to Hang Dong from Airport Plaza.

Thank you.

What docs do I need to bring other than the green book?

Will I need my passport? My Thai driving license?

Also, when I originally registered this bike most of the docs were in Thai. Is the renewal easier or will I need to bring a Thai friend to interpret?

Thank you.

The green book (registration book) never expires. So I'm not sure what you mean ?

Just take the green book and valid insurance tear off, and test certificate is bike over 5 years old, to the Vehicle License Department and pay the 100 baht annual tax fee.

Very easy, no forms to fill in.

• Like 2

Lost the green book, so what can i do ?

Assuming you have a copy of your green book on board your motorbike (everybody really should), take your passport and proof of where you live to Land Transportation Dept. and tell them you need a new green book.

Lost the green book, so what can i do ?

Assuming you have a copy of your green book on board your motorbike (everybody really should), take your passport and proof of where you live to Land Transportation Dept. and tell them you need a new green book.

Why do you recommend to keep a copy of the green book on board your motorcycle? I've heard this once before but haven't run across any reason to do it.

• 8 months later...

I need to register my motobike and get insurance on it. The previous owner gave me the greenbook but I do not think the bike has been transferred into my name. The tags expired in '53, so I know they are at least four years old.

My questions:

1) Can I still register and purchase insurance on a bike that is not in my name but for which I have the greenbook?

2) Any guess about the cost of registering and insuring a bike that has been expired for so long?

Thanks!