overstay on work permit

I first worked for an agency at several schools. They said I only need 1 work permit because all my assignments are teaching.

Went to direct hire at a different school. They got me a work permit that was good until oct 10

Next job via agency, science and math, contract June until oct. 10, perfect!

Went to labour dept to renew Oct 8. They told me to get a letter from previous school showing date of end (May31).

They suggested my visa was terminated at that time. Immigration wants to see the May 31 document also but they said not to worry about the visa just come in with the letter and I can do an extension.

Can anyone tell me what kind of a fine I will be looking at or are there other options?

500 baht per day since May 31?

Any upper limit?

Any forgiveness for marginally paid educators who are also absent-minded geriatrics?

Yes I hear you, I suppose in that case deportation is the kindest option 555

Yes I guess I should have known better.

I am married to a Thai and I can retire now also. In fact I was only teaching science because it is a great job.

Thanks for your help

Where you staying in Thailand based on your work or based on your marriage. If based on your work, your extension ended when you lost your first job and you should have applied for a new extension of stay with the new employer.

The fine is 500 baht a day, with a maximum of 20,000. Given the dates you have reached the maximum of 20,000 so be prepared to pay that.

Key question is as regards the stamps in your passport.

Are you on a 90 day border entry stamp, or are you on a one year extension of permission to stay based on working as a teacher or as married to a Thai?

If you are on a current 90 day non immigrant border stamp, or a current one year extension based on being married to a Thai (Thai Family) then no problem.

If you are on an extension of permission to stay based on working as a teacher which was granted when you were on direct hire, then your extension expired when you left the school and started to work for the new agency as a science teacher.