Can I switch Sims on a True Move Air Card?

rmicheald

Short Answer: Yes, you can swap out your SIM to another True Move SIM as often as you wish (I'm not sure if it works with other networks)

Long Answer:

The Air-cards like any Cell Contract (in this case a 3 G connection) has a fair use policy on their unlimited packages.

Whether you are pre or post paid - you can only use up to 5GB at 20 mbps download before the fair usage policy kicks you down to 128 kbps.

When this occurs you will be stuck on this lower speed until either your next billing cycle or the 30 days package has expired.

To get round this you can purchase a new SIM (49 baht) and purchase an unlimited package (again up to 5MB at 20mbps after which the fair usage policy kicks in again).

Thus: With the True Move Air Card you can switch out your SIM as often as you wish.

I am not sure if the Air-Card is unlocked or not so that you can switch to a new operator - but essentially the Air-card works much in the same way as a phone with a 3G connection and hotspot (again depends if it us unlocked or not).

You should be able to check your Air-card by logging into it through your web browser on this address: 192.168.0.1 (password: admin)

Once logged into your Air-Card you will see messages etc (in Thai) you can copy these into google translate, where it will probably tell you that your usage has been dropped to 128kbps (fair usage)... Of course the issue here is trying to use google translate on such a slow connection !

You will find similar fair usage policies with other companies - thus switching to another network might not be the solution you are looking for.