I'm looking for a great night out - recommendations please

chappie1207

Looking for recommendations:

I know there are thousands of great places in Bangkok to take my girlfriend for a night out, and that's the problem...Just too many!!

I want to try something different than the usual meal, drink, movie.

What's your favourite place to take your girlfriend / wife?

Thanks

Chappie,

My personal opinion is that it really doesn't matter where you take your girlfriend ....it's the just being with her that's important...listen to her, pay her attention, make it her night out and that will make it special for her no matter where you go.

With that being said.....have to eat so....so have dinner at Nahm (one of the top 50 restaurants in the WORLD....in the metropolitan hotel), either before or after go to one of the "skybars" for a cocktail (Lebua, Centara, Vertigo at Banyon etc...http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm)....and to end the evening go listen to some jazz (http://www.bangkok.com/top10-jazz-bars.htm)....

That's what I would do .....and have done for a GREAT night out.

• Like 2

I like the restaurant on the tallest building in Bangkok, the Baiyoke Tower II. Ihas a revolving outside deck, the view is stunning, and surprisingly not expensive, all things considered. Nearby is :

Pratunum Market (0.5 Km)

Panthip Plaza IT Mall (0.5 Km)

Platinum Fashion Mall (0.5Km)

Central World (1.0 Km)

• Like 1

Eat at the Basil in the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and then head to the Living Room , adjacent to it , afterwards for drinks and maybe some jazz. Randy Cannon's pretty good, he's usually playing. Then walk across the sky train walkway that leads out of the hotel and come down by the corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit. You're then close to the entrance to Soi Cowboy. Take a stroll through there just for the visual extravaganza that it is. From there, grab a taxi and head to the bar at the Grand Erawan. It's somewhere down near Chit Lom. The possibilities are endless.

Chappie1207, you didn't specify a budget or the type of places you and the girlfriend like going to normally.

Everyone seems to be assuming the GF is Thai, which I guess is understandable, but not a given.

Is this a long term GF or a recent conquest? What social class is she from (assuming Thai, although applies to non Thais too... I wouldn't take some working class bird somewhere that she wouldn't fit in)

Are you young and energetic (or at least young at heart) or are you older and boring (ie if you go to a club do you actually go to dance or just stand around) ?

Do you want to be out all night or just a couple of hours?

Personally, whilst there are some ok suggestions from other people, none of them are what I'd consider for a night out... But then I'm younger and the thought of a river cruise bores me to tears.

I'd recommend Above 11 on a Wednesday - Ladies night and Salsa Night - http://www.aboveeleven.com Great food, great views and stylish people. If you can Salsa then double bonus....

If you want to go on post drinks and dinner then head into Silom and check out Maggie Choo's for a relaxed cool venue.

Have fun!

1. Street food (anywhere)

2. 7 eleven for kanom, cigs, nasal inhalers

3. A stroll through "little Arabia" off Sukhumvit.

4. A stoll through Nana.

5. 3 way in ST room at Nana

6. More street food.

7. Drinks at Big Dogs

8. Stagger down Sukhumvit--drinking at various street "bars"

9. Terminal 21 for a movie.

10. Soi cowboy -- (Shark bar has best lineup)

11. 3 way in ST room on Soi Cowboy.

12. Dancing at Climax.

It's what I did with my GF....then again, I'm a romantic.