How do you extend expiry of true move sim?

snake24

My true move sim expires on the 29th of this month. I previously had someone pm me offering me to extend my sim number for me i think by adding in some money but nothing happened at all after i gave him my number.

What do u need to do to extend it?

Assuming that it is a TrueH SIM like mine (one of the new ones) then all you need to do is to make one outgoing call (or send an SMS) to add two months to the validity of your credit balance.

Or you can buy a small top-up at 7-11 etc.

The old non-H ones were valid for 365 days without making any calls and a top-up would extend that for 365 more days.

Assuming that it is a TrueH SIM like mine (one of the new ones) then all you need to do is to make one outgoing call (or send an SMS) to add two months to the validity of your credit balance.

Or you can buy a small top-up at 7-11 etc.

The old non-H ones were valid for 365 days without making any calls and a top-up would extend that for 365 more days.

I am not in thailand at the moment so u know if i make a phone call or an sms these are going to be roaming charges i only have 100bht inside my number and top up services like prepaidthai.com for example charge so much money to top up. Unless someone has a top up service that isn't so expensive.

Btw does the outgoing call have to connect?

Yes, it does have to connect. A one-second call should not cost you too much, even from overseas where roaming charges will of course apply.

Or get some friend in Thailand to buy you a 50B top-up at 7/11. I doubt that any third-party top-up would be valid.

Yes, it does have to connect. A one-second call should not cost you too much, even from overseas where roaming charges will of course apply.

Or get some friend in Thailand to buy you a 50B top-up at 7/11. I doubt that any third-party top-up would be valid.

3rd party top ups work but they often charge very very expensive prices. Like it costs 4.99 USD to top up 100bht for thaiprepaid.com and that is overpriced.

I might ask someone in Thailand to add money to your SIM, or contact TrueMove (H) to see if they can extend the expiry, while taking a small fee, or make a call, yes it must connect, or send a text, or try to recover it upon your return.

A lot depends on your situation/goals/objectives, and if you've enabled IR and have a signal wherever you may be.

Best case is probably + 60 days, do you plan to return within that time-frame, or will you require yet another top-up?

Edited by lomatopo