Moored Marine Police Boat badly damaged at Pattaya Port due to extreme weather

Rimmer

Moored Marine Police Boat badly damaged at Pattaya Port due to extreme weather

boat-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Super Typhoon Haiyan, which is currently over the Philippines and is causing severe weather conditions around the Asian region, was blamed for the partial sinking of a Marine Police Patrol Boat moored at the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya on Friday.

The boat, which was moored due to the expected bad weather conditions, suffered a puncture to its fiber-glass hull which caused it to list and partially sink.

The boat was removed from the water and taken away for repairs as Journalists looked for other reasons behind the damage. It was suggested the boat may have not been secured properly to the jetty. No one was available for comment from the Marine Police Division.
Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/108425/moored-marine-police-boat-badly-damaged-pattaya-port-due-extreme-weather/#sthash.8B4AN6rp.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-09

Wow..... a Typhoon 2 thousand miles away is blamed for the sinking of the patol boat...

Does this statement come from the phantasy of the 'Pattaya One" reporter or is it actually a statement from the Pattaya Sea Rescue people??

Both ways - - absolutely rediculous. What about that inadequate sea wall - come breakwater what lets most of the ocean swell through to the marina??

Here a picture I took on Thursday of exactly that boat. The bow started to eat away at the pier already, and vice versa. That's what I call pathetic mooring.

post-110915-0-29724700-1383975960_thumb.

• Like 2

Wow..... a Typhoon 2 thousand miles away is blamed for the sinking of the patol boat...

Does this statement come from the phantasy of the 'Pattaya One" reporter or is it actually a statement from the Pattaya Sea Rescue people??

Both ways - - absolutely rediculous. What about that inadequate sea wall - come breakwater what lets most of the ocean swell through to the marina??

Here a picture I took on Thursday of exactly that boat. The bow started to eat away at the pier already, and vice versa. That's what I call pathetic mooring.

100% more plausible ARGUSEYE thumbsup.gif

is the boat still there? I saw a couple of police or navy boats speeding out of pattaya tonight. will try to find my pic...

edit: nope, obviously much larger ships!

post-67243-0-23319400-1384000845_thumb.j

post-67243-0-36704600-1384000856_thumb.j

Edited by manarak

If you look carefully at the first photo you can see where it has smashed through the pontoon. It's only a few days ago that the governor of Chonburi was up on his hind legs saying that he needed more money from central government to buy patrol boats. Presumably he won't be too pleased that they can't take care of the ones they already have.

In maritime terms there is many rules to pay attention to.One of them is "even on a calm day,always set your moorings so you can withstand a storm" thumbsup.gif !!

Alternatively, one can also just buy a flower garland and some red fanta. Works most of the time, i.e. when the weather is calm

In maritime terms there is many rules to pay attention to.One of them is "even on a calm day,always set your moorings so you can withstand a storm" thumbsup.gif !!

Alternatively, one can also just buy a flower garland and some red fanta. Works most of the time, i.e. when the weather is calm

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..........................................

In Thailand the "boat Handling" coarse only covers "Abandon Ship"...

the Italian way, Captain First... tongue.png

• Like 2

Yesterday I took this picture at the Pattaya Marine Police station. This is directly opposite from where the boat sank.(new marina)

look carefully..... These 3 rescue boats have a rubber hull and they are DEFLATED. In case of emergency you have to pump them up before dragging them into the water and hope the engine starts.

.....This is in a place where thousands of people are ferried around daily in questionable boats and hundreds of speed boats crisscross the bay at break - neck speed to get tourists to the parachute barges.

A shocker.

And these are the same people that are supposed to ensure marine safety here. Does any of these "boat drivers" have any quantifications, or did they just buy the job?

And for someone coming up with the idea that the Philippine typhoon is responsible, he should also look for a new job.

"Wow..... a Typhoon 2 thousand miles away is blamed for the sinking of the patol boat...

"

Yeah that is a little weird. I don't recall the weather on Friday as being extreme... but then this is a Pattaya One article and I suspect many of their reporters experience heavy seas and sail three sheets to the wind more often than the rest of us.