Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

2. 54

Wine In Checked Baggage

3. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

4. 30

Tobbaco

5. 14

Why Does Kamala Harris Disrespect Minorities by Imitating their Accents.?

6. 2

Pickup Truck Driver Falls Asleep, Crashes into 2 Motorcycles, Leaving 1 Dead & 1 Injured

7. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

8. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 2

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

10. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

11. 105

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

12. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

13. 1,007

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

Suggest hotel/guesthouse with descent internet connection.

cloud9

Hello.

I'm arriving to Pattaya next week and need some descent internet connection for work while i'll be searching for new condo/house for long term.

Could you please suggest some guesthouse or hotel for ~1000B/day that you've had experience with and that you're sure it has descent stable internet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

You could contact TVF's very own 'Lemoncake' . His one room hotel always has vacancy, don't expect much in the way of a smile or help (he will charge extra consultancy fee for this) but you may get a room on the cheap as he has less overheads

Edited by Rimmer
Do not disclose another member personal details

You could contact TVF's very own 'Lemoncake' . His one room hotel always has vacancy, don't expect much in the way of a smile or help (he will charge extra consultancy fee for this) but you may get a room on the cheap

Good to see the troll is out as usual.

But to address OP, any hotel or guesthouse that runs cable Internet instead of Adsl would have good Internet and wi fi

But to address OP, any hotel or guesthouse that runs cable Internet instead of Adsl would have good Internet and wi fi

Yes. A lot of places in Central/South Pattaya are connected (or at least are connectable) to the new high-speed fibre cables and these should give good results, even on shared building wifi. Assuming the building bothered to replace their shoddy old routers with Gigabit "N" ones.

Another option might be to sign up for the wifi package from True. It's very cheap (a couple of hundred Baht a month), it isnt capped (unlike 3G packages) and has worked very well the few times I've tested it. Only disadvantage is that you do have to reconnect every couple of hours. In theory this service covers most of Pattaya.

Yes. A lot of places in Central/South Pattaya are connected (or at least are connectable) to the new high-speed fibre cables and these should give good results, even on shared building wifi. Assuming the building bothered to replace their shoddy old routers with Gigabit "N" ones.

Another option might be to sign up for the wifi package from True. It's very cheap (a couple of hundred Baht a month), it isnt capped (unlike 3G packages) and has worked very well the few times I've tested it. Only disadvantage is that you do have to reconnect every couple of hours. In theory this service covers most of Pattaya.

The new cable comes with different modem and would need new routers( I use Sophon cable and had to change all routers)

The True wifi I do not think covers all Pattaya . I have free wifi with my phone package and wifi only seems to work around major mall or beach.

Edited by lemoncake

The new cable comes with different modem and would need new routers( I use Sophon cable and had to change all routers)

You should find that old routers will function with a fibre or cable modem, but even so they should be upgraded to Gigabit routers in order for them to cope with the data flow.

I dont have fibre to the home, just fibre to the building and so all I get is about 11mbs from Sophon. Even so my old 100mbs router just wasnt up to handling a PC and a NAS and a laptop and a tablet and a network-enabled hifi without getting clogged up so I bought myself a new Gigabit router which works fine.

The True wifi I do not think covers all Pattaya . I have free wifi with my phone package and wifi only seems to work around major mall or beach.

As far as I know it's supposed to cover a larger area than that. Never tested it away from Jomtien beach though. TBC