Biz class flights, India Air, Jetstar? Any good

tmd5855

Checking on Bangkok - LHR return business flights. These two airlines come out cheapest and departure and arrival times suit me.

Has anyone travelled on these biz class on these carriers?? Is the service etc up to scratch/par with Asian and European carriers??

Thanks

No idea about India Air, but Jetstar is the equivalent of short haul business, I wouldn't want to be stuck in it for a long haul flight - it offers very little over the premium economy products on major airlines other than lounge access and priority queue access (which if you fly business regularly you probably already have).

Have a look on YouTube, personally I would not fly with either both poverty airlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

For many, AirAsia is probably the epitome of a budget airline, but Jetstar somehow manages to seem even more intent on reminding passengers that they paid for very little and that's precisely what they'll be getting. I've taken no joy in the fact that I've usually been served by Aussie FAs on the two long haul Jetstar flights I've taken to Asia - most of them seem pretty miserable behind the fake smiles, despite the fact that they are being paid more than their Asian colleagues. XAX FAs by contrast, are usually able to pull off something resembling a smile and are very efficient when it comes to serving meals and drinks. Cant say I ever enjoyed being dumped on the tarmac at Swampy, but I always get off with a mental image of the hundreds of dollars in my wallet which would have magically disappeared had I flown with a full service airline. Sure - I've been a '2-week millionaire' more times than I care to admit - but for most of us the flight is nowhere near as important as the hotel room : I'll stick with XAX as long as they get me to my destination.

An oldie but a goodie from May 2012, and I'm sure other airlines would like to get around Australian wages and conditions in similar fashion.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/jetstar-alleged-to-have-used-budget-crew-20120528-1zeqh.html

Airline cabin crew recruited in Thailand have allegedly been staffing domestic routes in Australia for Jetstar — for half the cost of the budget airline's local staff.

The Gillard government's workplace ombudsman has today taken the airline to the Federal Court, saying the pay rate offered to the eight workers involved is not good enough.

The Federal Court action may ultimately involve 300 international cabin crew rostered across Jetstar's domestic routes.

No idea about India Air, but Jetstar is the equivalent of short haul business, I wouldn't want to be stuck in it for a long haul flight - it offers very little over the premium economy products on major airlines other than lounge access and priority queue access (which if you fly business regularly you probably already have).

If it is Jetstar we are talking about, I have flown their StarClass (business class) from Sydney to Phuket over a dozen times and found them very good!

Priced above cattle class on others yet well below business class, with large reclining leather seats, full service with the usual airline food (nothing too special but ok) and priority boarding, they are not up to business class on other airlines, but comfortable for a long journey.

I have flown business and first class on Thai and was not particularly impressed.

• Like 1

If it is Jetstar we are talking about, I have flown their StarClass (business class) from Sydney to Phuket over a dozen times and found them very good!

Priced above cattle class on others yet well below business class, with large reclining leather seats, full service with the usual airline food (nothing too special but ok) and priority boarding, they are not up to business class on other airlines, but comfortable for a long journey.

I have flown business and first class on Thai and was not particularly impressed.

Yes that's what I was talking about. Check out Malaysia Airlines, their business on the BKK-KUL-SYD is cheaper than Jetstar's and it is by far a better product, easily on par with the old Qantas long-haul business class that they used from BKK-SYD until last year.

Big thanks to Wprime, Mr Worldwide, Chickenslegs, Burlives, Skint and Xylophone for advise, thank you all again

So is it Jetstar or Jet Airways? Because Jetstar makes no sense.

BTW, when Jet leased some 777s to Thai, their business class cabin was considered the most desirable in the Thai fleet.

Big thanks to Wprime, Mr Worldwide, Chickenslegs, Burlives, Skint and Xylophone for advise, thank you all again

BTW, when Jet leased some 777s to Thai, their business class cabin was considered the most desirable in the Thai fleet.

business class with three seats in the middle row desirable? bah.gif

business class with three seats in the middle row desirable? bah.gif
They don't. They are 1-2-1.
  • Like 1

OP got the thread wrong and others responded.

Jetstar is a Quantas suibsidary. Does not fly this route.

Jet Airways privately owned and does fly this route.

Why anyone would choose to fly Jet Airways or Air India on this route in business class bewilders me. Notice I said "choose" as on a contract to India last year had no choice as bookings were made for me by an Indian company.(My colleagues have now rebelled and fly BA (economy or business depending on duration + sweeteners to Mumbai)

Would far rather fly any of the Gulf airlines in economy if it's just a case of getting to BKK. Or Eva in premium economy.Or Singapore Airlines economy. Much better in every respect

No need to take my word for it, check out the reviews on Airline Equality.

Jetstar is a Quantas suibsidary. Does not fly this route.

Jet Airways privately owned and does fly this route.

You are correct. Just did a search "Biz class flights BKK-LHR-BKK", Jet and Air India came up.

Previously the company had me working in China, so Hong Kong to London by Thai Airways, changed aircraft in Bangkok. Now working where Thailand is bypassed, so had to select Bangkok as home airport and now pay my own flights to the UK, when I want to visit.

Checking out Malaysian Airways now.

Maybe I will just go to a travel agent in Pattaya, when I get home in a couple of weeks??

Nonetheless, thanks for all the advise

Oh my god air india! Honestly speaking that is an airline i will avoid and jetstar is a budget airline with normal airline prices.

Seriously air india has the same rep as the country itself. Btw imagine having an india passenger sitting next to you now imagine them serving you. Oh lord won't ever step into an air india plane.

Try china airlines or klm, not saying they are great but better than the Indian airlines. Also ethiad are cheap for business seats.

Amazing eh the economy of a country also follows that of the airline although in china airline's case it's below the economy of the country.

Try china airlines or klm, not saying they are great but better than the Indian airlines. Also ethiad are cheap for business seats.

Amazing eh the economy of a country also follows that of the airline although in china airline's case it's below the economy of the country.

Huh? China Airlines is Taiwan based company not China....

Notice I said "choose" as on a contract to India last year had no choice as bookings were made for me by an Indian company.(My colleagues have now rebelled and fly BA (economy or business depending on duration + sweeteners to Mumbai)

Perfect example of how f*cked up an airline is is when a group of ppl have rebelled and actually said no thank you to the company or entity that booked the flight for them and chose something else.

Think about this. Usually one would be thankful he doesn't have to go through the hassle of booking and paying for the flight but how look at this they actually said no thank you we would rather book ourselves and pay for it too and choose a different airlines.

Just in case i really need to know when the indian company booked the flight for you and your colleges did they pay for it or did you pay yourselves? It's typical for a company to pay but once you see indian in front of company well that likelihood goes down to almost 0.

jetstar is well budget airline with normal airline prices. so if you flew their starclass which is their business class and it's still below business class on a normal flight and say it's very good. I don't have anything else to say.

jetstar is well budget airline with normal airline prices. so if you flew their starclass which is their business class and it's still below business class on a normal flight and say it's very good. I don't have anything else to say.

Not sure that I understand what you are saying, however in hindsight I would change my text to read "good" rather than "very good".

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but what I was trying to say was that for the price you pay, which is not far above cattle class in normal airlines, it's not a bad deal.

Business class on non-budget airlines is different altogether, but that wasn't my comparison.

Am also very interested in reviews from those who have taken Air India Business Class

Planning a family trip back to the US next year, so with me, the wife and 2 kids... Costs can add up ...

Air India Business class is aprox 200,000 thb cheaper than others for business class and even cattle class for other "better airlines" would inly be aprox 110k less (all-in) for all 4 combined

All I am really interested in, is larger seat with recline down to be able to sleep comfortably and personal TV...

Really don't care if flight attendants are in a good mood or if the food is good...

Based upon the above, what do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by CWMcMurray

. Air India Business class is aprox 200,000 thb cheaper than others for business class and even cattle class for other "better airlines" would inly be aprox 110k less (all-in) for all 4 combined

When you see something like this you have to ask yourself now why is this so. Seriously you need to consider why is it so much cheaper there has to be very good reasons for it and the most obvious one would be the airline is absolute shyt.

Did you read one of the earlier posts the one where the indian company booked the flight for one of the tv member and his colleges and they all rebelled preferring to choose another airline instead.

This is a very good indication that it's absolutely well for the lack of a better word f*cked.

You also need to consider the type of passengers you will be sitting with. Extremely fat people for example but that's not what you should be worrying about. What sort of people will be flying air india? Mostly indians and due to the pc nature of it all well let's just say you don't want them sitting next to you or near your vicinity no need for elaboration if not the R word comes into play here.

Sure, but that doesn't really answer my question...

As per seat guru website... They seem to have standard business class recline and lay flat seats depending on plane

And we would not be sitting next to anyone one the flight ... As seating is 2-3-2 in business class, so could book a&b or h&k of 2 rows...

So we would just be sitting with our selves...

For 200k thb out of my own pocket ... Really don't care if not perfect

As likely the choice would be cattle class in some other airline or business class in air India

As tough to justify aprox 560k for plane tickets, but 360 k is doable

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

well yes business class is a seperate compartment from cattle class but the fact of the matter is they are still both located on the same plane and the plane doesn't take off until passengers for both classes are filled. I think you are unaware on the many ways how passengers of a certain nationality that will be sitting on air india can screw it up. Lord in fact i wonder if the plane will even take off on time reach its destination at the scheduled time and if you won't be harrassed or have a flight without incident even if you are in business class.