Tuna shakes and chicken shakes

A1Str8

Yeah, talk about a protein fix. I consume such shakes from time to time but I am pretty sure that most of you are going to be disgusted just like my girl, if I explain what it is.

When you are into hard training and weightlifting you must feed your body with high amounts of quality nutrients so it can keep up with the intense workouts and stay healthy. But sometimes it's hard to eat all that food to meet your macronutrient needs..sometimes you dont have time for a big meal..sometimes you get sick and don't have appetite but still need to feed the machine. Then you have these shakes that save the day. You take a blender and get the main ingredient: chicken(pre cooked) or tuna. Then you put all kinds of things in it like some vegetables, some fruit, some honey and nuts...pour some water in it and blend it.

At the end I get some real thick, strange looking shake that doesn't taste good at all. But so what? It is real food not processed, it helps to maintain a healthy body and put on that muscle mass.

Just wanted to share this recipe with you because I know you are going to run to the kitchen and try it right now.

I always try different ingredients in my protein shakes just out of boredom. The worst one I tried was a salmon shake, with peanut butter, fruit and milk. After I drank it I realized I forgot to cook the salmon. But since it is a seafood, I didn't get sick. It was truly disgusting. My wife just shook her head.

• Like 1

Do you also eat strawberry banana sandwiches?

Aside from sounding nasty, the recipe in the OP sounds like a lot of work especially when you have to take the blender apart for cleaning. Why not just make a tuna sandwich, or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce if you don't want the starch? At least that way it'll be appetizing.

• Like 1