Foreign tourist beaten unconscious, robbed by Thai gang in Pattaya

webfact

One reason why farangs get attacked may be how they present themselves to Thai people. Perhaps they appear 'cocky'?

Hmmm..

And attacking a complete stranger is not cocky???

A lot of cases the victims weren't particularly presenting themselves at all.

There is no doubt a lot of Pattaya tourists have little respect..... the shirtless shoppers etc.

When I was in Thailand, often farangs behave as if they are kings. I'm only referring to male farangs, not female farangs. My honest observation only.

One reason why farangs get attacked may be how they present themselves to Thai people. Perhaps they appear 'cocky'?

How many more replys are you going to post "Jackson86", saying the same thing

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whilst you should be able to sit alone on beach road drunk at 3.30 in the morning without any problem but we know that is asking for trouble. More often than not it would have been ladyboys that would have been the attackers. Take care of yourself get drunk with friends.

With lots of friends, judging by the other post about the 2 Russian's being attacked by 5 drunken Thai's.

Sorry state of affairs. At least there is no argument here for the apologists, this is clearly just out and out thuggery and in no way did that poor sod deserve it.

More than likely the theifs spot a white tourist and think that he has something worth stealing. Or is it you who think farangs are cocky?

I've been to Thailand many times and always see the same type of people getting into trouble.

Humans?

Are you seriously trying to insinuate that this poor sod did ANYTHING to warrant the attack? These kind of attacks are now being reported almost daily and I am damn sure most are unprovoked... despite the extraordinary number of a'hole tourists coming to Thailand.

I have never had problem in thailand with locals. If i get in troubble its allways FORIGNERS and that means drunk russians and europeans

"allways FORIGNERS" so you mean 100% its the farangs to blame. You thai apologists are pathetic

Just my observation. Most victims are farangs. Perhaps thai people don't like farangs in general.

Thats right , Thais dislike foreigners ( maybe thats why they throw trash and garbage all over Pattaya ). But thats a two way street : In general foreigners dislike Thias.

On the topic: There is a difference here between a cowardly attack like this one on tourists just sitting on the beach. And the fighting between Thais and drunk Russians in the Walking St area and discos.

And by the way very little reporting on that. I know a Thai girl who goes to these discos at South end of Walking St/ Bali Hi. And she tells me about frequent brawls between Thais and typically drunk 25-30 year old Russian males.

Edited by morrobay

If farangs don't like thai pple as well, too bad coz they're in thailand, not their own country. When in rome, do what romans do. Very simple. If you don't play by their rules, they will target you. I'm not farang and although my culture is similar to thai culture, nevertheless I play by their rules. Basic stuff when you go to other people's house.

Sometimes I watch youtube videos of fights between thai pple and farangs and I must say is mostly due to miscommunication. There is 1 video of a british man banging table in a bar. It is rude to bang other pple's table, that's why he got punched.

Edited by Jackson86

If farangs don't like thai pple as well, too bad coz they're in thailand, not their own country. When in rome, do what romans do. Very simple. If you don't play by their rules, they will target you. I'm not farang and although my culture is similar to thai culture, nevertheless I play by their rules. Basic stuff when you go to other people's house.

Sometimes I watch youtube videos of fights between thai pple and farangs and I must say is mostly due to miscommunication. There is 1 video of a british man banging table in a bar. It is rude to bang other pple's table, that's why he got punched.

Yeah that was a great video.. The poor guy had some dispute with the bar, and then he hit the bar counter with his hand.

He was then sucker punched from behind and knocked out cold. He was also kicked a few times on the ground while he was

unconscious. Are you implying the punishment he received was in keeping with his vile crime of hitting the bar top ??

If so you seriously need some professional help......

I have worked in Russia, and the Russian people are tough. They are not going to put up with these ongoing beatings of Russian

citizens by roving gangs of Thai gang bangers. I will be curious to see what they do.......

" When in rome, do what romans do"

Nice !! So farangs should emulate Thais by forming gangs, and attacking single Thai people sitting on the beach ??

OK your not a Thai and your not a Farang, so what are you and in what country do you live?

If you can tell us maybe it will help us to understand your point of view better.

Horrible but don't lose perspective and get carried away with the Thai bashing. This kind of thing happens on a regular basis in the medium and large cities of our home countries.

Tourists are not singled out for attack and robbery in our home countries only for the offender once caught, to face a fine of the equivalent of 500THB.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory
  • Like 1

OK your not a Thai and your not a Farang, so what are you and in what country do you live?

If you can tell us maybe it will help us to understand your point of view better.

Hi there. I'm from singapore. I would say it's a cultural difference that causes most of the problems involving farangs especially. Just like why we seldom see koreans or japanese getting into trouble.

Nice !! So farangs should emulate Thais by forming gangs, and attacking single Thai people sitting on the beach ??

What I mean is farangs can try to wai more often then thai people will accept u. Always remember that you're not in your country n you should stay in low profile, same for me when I go overseas. Heed my advice n u will be fine.

Horrible but don't lose perspective and get carried away with the Thai bashing. This kind of thing happens on a regular basis in the medium and large cities of our home countries.

Tourists are not singled out for attack and robbery in our home countries only for the offender once caught, to face a fine of the equivalent of 500THB.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In any forums there are always attackers and defenders.

Yeah that was a great video.. The poor guy had some dispute with the bar, and then he hit the bar counter with his hand.

He was then sucker punched from behind and knocked out cold. He was also kicked a few times on the ground while he was

unconscious. Are you implying the punishment he received was in keeping with his vile crime of hitting the bar top ??

If so you seriously need some professional help......

I have worked in Russia, and the Russian people are tough. They are not going to put up with these ongoing beatings of Russian

citizens by roving gangs of Thai gang bangers. I will be curious to see what they do.......

The 1st punch was justified due to the banging of the table. The rest is sheer unlucky for the big guy. In any case, never bang table coz u don't know what may happen next.

What I mean is farangs can try to wai more often then thai people will accept u.

Youre having a laugh, aren't you?

Or on a wind-up?

Whatever you're doing, it's something, judging from that quote, that can't be taken seriously.

If, by some strange way the mind works, that you are being serious, you obviously haven't spent much time in LOS.

What I mean is farangs can try to wai more often then thai people will accept u.

Or on a wind-up?

Whatever you're doing, it's something, judging from that quote, that can't be taken seriously.

If, by some strange way the mind works, that you are being serious, you obviously haven't spent much time in LOS.

There are some who are in LOS for 10 years and still don't know how to speak thai, let alone you. I defend thailand against thai bashers but at the same time I also wish that everyone come and go safely. We go overseas to have fun, not to destroy other countries. So do I.

What I mean is farangs can try to wai more often then thai people will accept u. Always remember that you're not in your country n you should stay in low profile, same for me when I go overseas. Heed my advice n u will be fine.

Do you bring KY jelly with you or do you pick it up here?

Or on a wind-up?

There are some who are in LOS for 10 years and still don't know how to speak thai, let alone you. I defend thailand against thai bashers but at the same time I also wish that everyone come and go safely. We go overseas to have fun, not to destroy other countries. So do I.

Speak Thai ??. The girls speak a little English - Who else do I want to talk to ??

Or on a wind-up?

So you defend/brown nose the thais, and you also say that you owe Thailand a lot. How do you owe Thailand a lot ? Did you borrow a lot?

Or on a wind-up?

So you defend/brown nose the thais, and you also say that you owe Thailand a lot. How do you owe Thailand a lot ? Did you borrow a lot?

Haha. Well I hope u can look beyond money.

• 2 weeks later...

The BIB and tourist police (TP) should setup a sting operation. Just get a falang from the TP, give him a beer, make sure he smells and behaves like a drunk, give him a taser and brass knuckles, and position a few BIB close by out-of-sight, to make the arrest.

Please stop posting these stories , its getting harder and harder to get friends and family to visit me in LOS  ..

Yes, but it is fair that potential visitors know the dangers, and local traditions, such as beating a man half dead, over unpaid bill, or over some other dispute.

Travel agents rarely mention that this place can be very dangerous, if you are not aware of local customs and traditions of Thailand.

Please stop posting these stories , its getting harder and harder to get friends and family to visit me in LOS ..

Yes, but it is fair that potential visitors know the dangers, and local traditions, such as beating a man half dead, over unpaid bill, or over some other dispute.

Travel agents rarely mention that this place can be very dangerous, if you are not aware of local customs and traditions of Thailand.

Easy enough to find on the internet though, if you make any effort at all. Frankly, I think the word's getting out. Thailand shouldn't worry though. The Indians & Chinese will always come. Farangs who've been coming for years as well (but who, well, can't live forever).