Should I buy a used Ford in Thailand?

scottmercer86

We're comparing base model single cab pickups to 7-seat SUV's?!?!? An eco hatchback would be a better comparison, but still a stupid one wink.png

To be quite frank....I wasn't comparing anything!...All I was saying that instead of buying a used vehicle....buy a new one. But if you read my later posts you might realize that I told OP that "his deal" on paper appeared quite good "for his intended purposes"....just to be careful...

I guess its a TV thing to "attack" with out being fully informed or if the post doesn't agree with Your thinking...

You keep on suggesting the OP's buys apples instead of oranges. Someone had to call it. tongue.png

I find it "completely amazing" that some posters... post "just to post"....IMHO seems to think that I am relentlessly pushing buying a New Car ....WHEN IN FACT I posted, saying that the Everest seem to fit his bill, that it was a good deal...just be careful...

Prior to that (in the original post) he just stated that he was interested in the "Everest"...I admitted knowing nothing about an "Everest" but only suggested he may want to look into buying a "new" truck (or car for that matter)...Why buy someone else's problems?????

AND for your information IMHO I think the OP is intelligent enough to distinguish between "apples and oranges" ...AS IN FACT others had called it ....So your trying to take credit now ....well ...as I said ...some posters just post to get the posting # up .....looks like in fact that's what you do....type a lot and say nothing!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by beachproperty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're comparing base model single cab pickups to 7-seat SUV's?!?!? An eco hatchback would be a better comparison, but still a stupid one wink.png

To be quite frank....I wasn't comparing anything!...All I was saying that instead of buying a used vehicle....buy a new one. But if you read my later posts you might realize that I told OP that "his deal" on paper appeared quite good "for his intended purposes"....just to be careful...

I guess its a TV thing to "attack" with out being fully informed or if the post doesn't agree with Your thinking...

You keep on suggesting the OP's buys apples instead of oranges. Someone had to call it. tongue.png

I find it "completely amazing" that some posters... post "just to post"....IMHO seems to think that I am relentlessly pushing buying a New Car ....WHEN IN FACT I posted, saying that the Everest seem to fit his bill, that it was a good deal...just be careful...

Prior to that (in the original post) he just stated that he was interested in the "Everest"...I admitted knowing nothing about an "Everest" but only suggested he may want to look into buying a "new" truck (or car for that matter)...Why buy someone else's problems?????

AND for your information IMHO I think the OP is intelligent enough to distinguish between "apples and oranges" ...AS IN FACT others had called it ....So your trying to take credit now ....well ...as I said ...some posters just post to get the posting # up .....looks like in fact that's what you do....type a lot and say nothing!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

...and you are very wrong in this one....IMHO is one of the most knowledgeable posters here biggrin.png

...beachproperty..."I admitted knowing nothing about an "Everest"...that sums it up....tongue.png

Ahhhh....but the essence of intelligence is to be able to "admit" when one does not know somethingcoffee1.gif

Oh and by the way funcat....Where in any of my posts did I indicate the IMHO was not "knowledgeable"....I only pointed out that if he had "actually" read my posts he might see that we were on the same page.... Apparently the OP read my posts and even gave me a "like" .....

Edited by beachproperty

Ahhhh....but the essence of intelligence is to be able to "admit" when one does not know somethingcoffee1.gif

Oh and by the way funcat....Where in any of my posts did I indicate the IMHO was not "knowledgeable"....I only pointed out that if he had "actually" read my posts he might see that we were on the same page.... Apparently the OP read my posts and even gave me a "like" .....

Well,suggesting,that OP should maybe go for 'basic' 2 door pick-up instead of the 7 seat PPV,was not a helpful post... anyway...smile.png

Well,suggesting,that OP should maybe go for 'basic' 2 door pick-up instead of the 7 seat PPV,was not a helpful post... anyway...smile.png

Well ....that's where you and I are going to have to agree to disagree.....When making ANY decision, its best to know ALL the options...EVEN the "bad ones" so one can make an informed decision....wouldn't you agree? .....and if so, then my post was helpful as it pointed out another option...albeit maybe not a good one (But I believe that is for the OP to decide.....and well, as said before....he gave me a "like")

And to the OP ....good luck on whatever you decide

• Like 1

I have a family of 4 and we would like 2 more children so I need a 7 seater. The Everest I am looking at is a 2007 2.5 litre with 73000 kilometers and is THB 505,000. It is owned by a farang. To get a 7 seater new starts me at a million baht.

(In attempt to redirect everyone's focus whistling.gif ) ...... OP, how have things turned out for you in this situation? Have you looked over the Everest and taken it for a drive? What have you decided?

• Like 1

My sadistic side has been missing Thaicruze... BP looks to be a good stand-in for him though smile.png

@beachproperty, welcome to the motoring forum, it's been a while since we have your type of personality around, please keep the posts coming smile.png

OMGinPattaya was shaping up to be a good replacement, but then he started getting logical tongue.png

Sorry to disappoint ...but as you know well....the motoring forum is not my "thing"....I really only commented because long ago when I was looking for a car for my daughter here in Thailand, thought I would save money and buy her a quality used car, I found the prices of "used" cars ridiculously HIGH and for a little bit more money you could buy new (so that's what we did)......And such was the point of my post ...why buy used if for a little more can buy new!....OP though seems to have found one of those situations where he CAN save a great deal of money on a quality used car that is of his liking (hopefully it is as is advertised ).

BUT do appreciate the welcome....(I get the pun as I know my personality can be caustic at times....just me...in the face kinda of guy ...but learning to relax now that I've been in Thailand for awhile)

Cheers to allsmile.png

• Like 1

My sadistic side has been missing Thaicruze... BP looks to be a good stand-in for him though smile.png

@beachproperty, welcome to the motoring forum, it's been a while since we have your type of personality around, please keep the posts coming smile.png

OMGinPattaya was shaping up to be a good replacement, but then he started getting logical tongue.png

Sorry to disappoint ...but as you know well....the motoring forum is not my "thing"....I really only commented because long ago when I was looking for a car for my daughter here in Thailand, thought I would save money and buy her a quality used car, I found the prices of "used" cars ridiculously HIGH and for a little bit more money you could buy new (so that's what we did)......And such was the point of my post ...why buy used if for a little more can buy new!....OP though seems to have found one of those situations where he CAN save a great deal of money on a quality used car that is of his liking (hopefully it is as is advertised ).

BUT do appreciate the welcome....(I get the pun as I know my personality can be caustic at times....just me...in the face kinda of guy ...but learning to relax now that I've been in Thailand for awhile)

Cheers to allsmile.png

To be fair ... long ago... was , umm long ago. 2nd car prices have come down drastically since the eco cars and ist car owners scheme now they are only HIGH biggrin.png

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys! I think I've decided to get the Everest even though it's used, due to the low miles and forung owner. He just emailed me the complete service records. For a 7 seater I can't find a better deal. I really just wanted to make sure the parts wouldn't be through the roof expensive when it needs them. Anyway, thanks for chiming in!!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys! I think I've decided to get the Everest even though it's used, due to the low miles and forung owner. He just emailed me the complete service records. For a 7 seater I can't find a better deal. I really just wanted to make sure the parts wouldn't be through the roof expensive when it needs them. Anyway, thanks for chiming in!!!

Congratulations! intheclub.gif

Overall, it really is a pretty good deal! I believe it has 4 airbags - that's 2 more than a lot of these newer vehicles!

Enjoy!

Fords were not liked by Thais.I have no idea why.

Thai's or Foreigner's are like sheep. They only believe what they read on this forum like only buy a Toyota what a load of crap, a Ford will have no more problems than a Toyota. Most foreigners only drive up to the 7/11 and say there Toyota never break's down.

As one of the Millions of Sheep , Thais included all a can say on our behalf iss Baaaaaa.Toyo, Nissan heve served us well, why venture into pastures new that are worse .?. Hard to find a Ford Benzine Vet round here.We would all love a Ford Auto Box in our New Vios/City/Mitsu.. Baaaa. .w00t.gif