Three Chatuchak parks to be combined into one

webfact

Three Chatuchak parks to be combined into one
By Coconuts Bangkok

800px-chatuchak_park.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In an effort to make Bangkok greener three adjacent public parks in Chatuchak district will be combined to form the largest park in central Bangkok.

Chatuchak Park, Queen Sirikit Park and Vachirabenjata Park (also known as Suan Rot Fai railway park) will be merged into one. Together, the three parks will have a combined area of 727 rai.

Plans for the merger have undergone a public hearing process. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's environment department is designing the merged park.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/11/three-chatuchak-parks-be-combined-one

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-11-11

The different parks now have different regulations. I wonder how consolidation would affect this.

Exactly what I was thinking. Rot Fai, for example, allows bicycles and the others don't. Chatuchak blares music a good deal of the time where as Rot Fai is nice and quiet. Also wondering what 'the route linking the parks' between Chatuchak and Rot Fai will be. Now it's just a short jog across the street. Are they going to build a pedestrian bridge? Sirikit and Rot Fai are already connected by a bridge over the khlong so no need to do anything there, I would think.

These Coconuts stories are so badly written without any context or detailed information that I don't understand why anyone bothers to post them.

Of course the real irony, is that the story is completely based on a Bkk Post article but that of course cannot be posted! (It is almost a word for word copy of the Post article)

The creation of a larger park is part of the much delayed Bang Sue Railyards redevelopment as this is all SRT land. Mo Chit 2 will be moved and Chatujak markets will also be rebuilt primarily underground to create more open space.

If you wish to understand more of what is taking place peruse this thread and specifically posts #19 & #28 which have a couple of maps,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/653268-bangkoks-mo-chit-2-bus-terminal-to-be-relocated-ahead-of-aec/page-2

• Like 2

Love coming here in the mornings...always positive active people around early in the day as they aint the couch potatoes...they're doing tai chi, exercise, walking the dog on the beaches, running or cycling...get with the programme and you will feel lots healthier and happier!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Rot Fai Park is absolutely fabulous! I love the place. I often go to Bangkok just to spend the day in this wonderful park! you can hire a bicycle for just 30 baht and just perfect for bike rides! I meet loads of lovely ladies whilst on my cool 30 baht bicycle ( with basket and bell) and take some fab photos and of course enjoy a picnic lunch in the gardens! If i lived in Bangkok i would spend a lot of time in here and its a great place for making new friends!

Here are a couple of photos i took from last year!

regards,

Farang Jaidee w00t.gif

post-193254-0-59779900-1412573035_thumb.

post-193254-0-25374500-1412573064_thumb.

• Like 1

Rot Fai Park is absolutely fabulous! I love the place. I often go to Bangkok just to spend the day in this wonderful park! you can hire a bicycle for just 30 baht and just perfect for bike rides! I meet loads of lovely ladies whilst on my cool 30 baht bicycle ( with basket and bell) and take some fab photos and of course enjoy a picnic lunch in the gardens! If i lived in Bangkok i would spend a lot of time in here and its a great place for making new friends!

Here are a couple of photos i took from last year!

regards,

Farang Jaidee w00t.gif

nice photos!!!

• Like 1

If a 50 year old man posted a pic of him in a park with his arm around 2 school girls in england...he'd be on the news by 6pm. smile.png

Really sad the world has come to this! My manly athletic hunky hubby loved children and animals, but from 22 yrs ago if any female toddler/teenager approached him in a public place, he deterred them from approaching by ignoring them, so they would go away, precisely because of the perverted actions of the few globally. Revolting specimens like Saville and Rolf Harris et al makes one wanna puke with the longterm harm they caused.

Super lovely friendly Thais in these parks - welcoming and helpful - just love the vibe and three combined will make it even more the Land of Smiles!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the Uk has become a miserable place to be! ( i never could fit in to the country even when i was a child ) I went off to the Canary islands to live in 1991 with just 100 GBP in my pocket ( 5,000 baht ) and ended up staying for 20 years ( i still have the 100 pounds ...)

But over here in Thailand i enjoy socializing and chatting with everybody on a daily basis whist out on my 15 km daily strolls.The Rot Fai park in Bangkok is a fabulous place to be and even spending a full day in there i never get bored of it! Thailand has some fabulous parks and they are great places to meet fab people. The girls in the photo were about 20 years old and stopped me when i was enjoying " a cool bike ride " and we all enjoyed a picnic lunch sitting in the gardens chatting and generally " having a laugh ". When i caught the last bus back to Pattaya at 20.30 they even insisted on all three of them walking with me to Mochit bus station to say goodbye!

Great Fun!

Farang Jaidee

I have attached a few more photos for " our viewers " as it really is a fabulous place to spend the afternoon.I met an american dude with his Thai wife on my last visit and he described the Rot Fai park rather well :

Quote : " Man we have some fantastic Parks in the states but this park is just " F ******* Awesome !!

( kind respect where due ladies..) x

post-193254-0-14377200-1412733791_thumb.

post-193254-0-56581300-1412733826_thumb.

post-193254-0-83812300-1412733848_thumb.

post-193254-0-76705000-1412733920_thumb.

post-193254-0-44723300-1412733991_thumb.

post-193254-0-15907600-1412734039_thumb.

post-193254-0-91578400-1412734110_thumb.

post-193254-0-83342400-1412734156_thumb.