What impresses me about Chiang Mai

CMfoodie

CMfoodie, I must say you're observant and quite good in putting things in perspective.

Money laundry? Or could it be money laudering?

I hope it won't come true regarding CM Airport per your anticipation. I think CM Airport is nice now just like you've mentioned. Need to peruse more on other items, but for now, I better leave it to the others.

• Like 1

Interesting list and hard to argue with....although the 87K prime rib was a bit of a shocker. Sad to say, I really think CM will be become more like BKK in the years to come. Hope I'm wrong.

Well I definatly hope you are wrong also.

They seem to be operating on the good enough for today system. Tomorrow won't change any thing.

Look at the intersection for the Maya mall. It is a nightmare with out adding that mall to it. That one they were operating on the it was good enough 10 years ago system.

edit

Forgot to ask about the 87k prime rib. A joke or what.

I know what a dummy but I just had to ask.

Edited by hellodolly

Perhaps it's only me who wants Chiang Mai to become something slightly closer to BKK but not BKK entirely.

The locals need more work. Right now there isn't much else but hospitality and manufacturing.

Tech industry isn't very big here. Nor is financial and property services.

I grew up in Chiang Mai and all I've seen is parents sending their kids to Bangkok just because there's no decent jobs here for them. Thank god Bangkok is finally reaching the diminishing point of return.