Death of Jakkrit: Mother-in-law admits she ordered killing

webfact

DEATH OF JAKKRIT
Mother-in-law admits she ordered killing

Jessada Jantarak
The Nation

30219329-03_big.jpg

She says she took contract out on Jakkrit's life as he was abusing her daughter

BANGKOK: -- SLAIN OLYMPIC sharpshooter Jakkrit Panichpatikum's mother-in-law has confessed to taking out a contract on his life.

"I needed to do it because he abused my daughter throughout the past six years," Surang Duangjinda said yesterday.

She said her daughter, Dr Nithiwadee Phucharoenyos, was not aware of the murder plot.

Police have charged both Surang and Nithiwadee with taking out the contract on Jakkrit's life, however. Both are now trying to secure bail - a move that is not opposed by the police.

Motherly love

"I did it because I love my daughter," Surang said as she showed up at the Social Development and Human Security Ministry. She and her daughter went there to apologise and thank Social Development and Human Security Minister Pavena Hongsakul.

The minister has earlier extended help to Nithiwadee over the reported domestic violence.

In tears, Nithiwadee said she did not know beforehand that her mother had plotted to kill her husband.

On October 19, Jakkrit was fatally shot while on his way to meet his wife and their children.

The couple had a rocky relationship. Earlier in the year, Nithiwadee and Jakkrit's mother had complained publicly of his domestic violence.

"I was shocked when my mum later told me. She's just a small woman without any connections, without any gang to carry out such an action," Nithiwadee said.

She said that, if possible, she wished to face any legal punishment related to the killing in place of her mother.

"Today, I have realised the great extent of motherly love," said Nithiwadee, who had two children with Jakkrit.

Miscarriage

Earlier this year, Nithiwadee had a miscarriage, reportedly because of Jakkrit's domestic violence. It was in a hospital room where Nithiwadee was receiving treatment that Surang is said to have arranged the contract on Jakkrit's life, allegedly via an acquaintance who had helped her with a condo sale.

"I had given him so many second chances. I had waited for him to improve himself. But his behaviour turned worse. He even abused his own children," Surang said.

She said she tried to encourage her daughter and Jakkrit to separate, but the couple insisted on staying together for the sake of their children.

"I couldn't cope with the fact that he kept hurting my daughter. I couldn't wait till my daughter died first," Surang said.

Nithiwadee said her family life was now destroyed.

"I hope my case provides a lesson to others," she said. She urged men to stop domestic violence and everyone to stay clear of drugs.

"Had my husband not abused drugs, he would not have hurt his own family," she said.

While Jakkrit's mother was forgiving, his father was still clearly holding a grudge.

"I wish my daughter-in-law a long, long life so that she realises hell exists," the father said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-12

• Like 1

Three suspects in Jakkrit killing granted bail
The Nation

30219336-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three prime suspects in the killing of Olympic sharpshooter Jakkrit Panichpatikum, including his wife and mother-in-law, have been released on bail.

Police set their bail at Bt500,000 each.

Their bail requests were approved partly because none of the three has a prior criminal record.

Jakkrit's wife, Dr Nithiwadee Phucharoenyos, has denied any wrongdoing.

Her mother, Surang Duangjinda, has confessed to taking out a contract on Jakkrit's life on her own via an acquaintance, Worraphanphooree Montreeareekul.

Surang said she did it because Jakkrit had abused her daughter for the past six years.

"I couldn't cope with the fact that he kept hurting my daughter. I couldn't wait till my daughter died first," Surang said.

Worraphanphooree said Surang asked her for help with the killing plot, so she introduced Surang to Santi Thongsame, who said he could find a gunman.

The suspected gunman was arrested last week, but Santi remains on the run.

Surang and Worraphanphooree posted Bt500,000 each to secure their temporary release. Nithiwadee has used a land plot, which is worth about Bt1million, to secure her bail.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-12

Both are now trying to secure bail - a move that is not opposed by the police.

But the lowly gunmen's bail app was denied.

Similar to that case where police were given the death sentence for torturing then murdering a teenaged suspect in custody. They are out on bail awaiting thier appeal. After being found guilty of capital murder. blink.png

Thai justice system is pathetic.

• Like 2

While taking someone's life is never justifiable (exception being self defense or military service) I have little sympathy for Jakrit's tragic ending as his history of abuse, drug usage and womanizing is well documented.

Anguish can drive many to do the unthinkable.

Looks like the mother-in-law is trying to take the fall for her daughter.

As for the wife's involvement we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

WOW maybe this is true, and maybe not? but the story my wife is saying is very different to this one,

apparently the good Dr. (wife) had a thing with the victims best friend, and they set up a gunman to take out the hubby so that the wife could get at the victims money after his demise.

There's a bit more to this story so maybe those interested should ask their wives to fill them in.

Doesn't look anguished....looks perfectly coiffed and prepared and holds a press conference, arranged by a government minister, to announce the reasons behind the killing of the father of her kids. Truly bizarre

While taking someone's life is never justifiable (exception being self defense or military service) I have little sympathy for Jakrit's tragic ending as his history of abuse, drug usage and womanizing is well documented.

Anguish can drive many to do the unthinkable.

Looks like the mother-in-law is trying to take the fall for her daughter.

As for the wife's involvement we'll have to wait and see.

WOW maybe this is true, and maybe not? but the story my wife is saying is very different to this one,

apparently the good Dr. (wife) had a thing with the victims best friend, and they set up a gunman to take out the hubby so that the wife could get at the victims money after his demise.

There's a bit more to this story so maybe those interested should ask their wives to fill them in.

excellent point but im not sure about getting their wives too fill them in aussie...biggrin.png if you know what i mean....as usual i suspect the truth will fail to emerge again...

Three suspects in Jakkrit killing granted bail

The Nation

30219336-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three prime suspects in the killing of Olympic sharpshooter Jakkrit Panichpatikum, including his wife and mother-in-law, have been released on bail.

Their bail requests were approved partly because none of the three has a prior criminal record.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-12

<deleted>? So first time you kill somebody in Thailand your bail request will be approved???

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Only if you are a Thai.

• Like 1

Both are now trying to secure bail - a move that is not opposed by the police.

But the lowly gunmen's bail app was denied.

Similar to that case where police were given the death sentence for torturing then murdering a teenaged suspect in custody. They are out on bail awaiting thier appeal. After being found guilty of capital murder. blink.png

Thai justice system is pathetic.

In the case of the murderd suspect, it's simply because of something called double jeopordy. They can't be tried for the same muder twice and there's no further risk of killing the suspect now. Plus there's always a good chance they flee the country to hide in India.

What's pathetic? It's a win win situation and why waste money holding them for SNL.

And how exactly does your wife know this, good friend of the Dr. or just more Ninta, gossip. A friend of mine lived in the same Moo Ban as this family the husband was a nut case he took pot shoots at the security guard because he didn't like the way they did their jobs namely allowing faranges into the moo ban even though they lived there. The bullet holes are still in the guard shack.

How many of our mothers, would even know how to hire a hit man? Must be a very nice family! And for the daughter to giver her life, for the mother, thats just so big of her. Of course she knows very well, that will never happen! They much watch too many soap operas.

• Like 1

And how exactly does your wife know this, good friend of the Dr. or just more Ninta, gossip. A friend of mine lived in the same Moo Ban as this family the husband was a nut case he took pot shoots at the security guard because he didn't like the way they did their jobs namely allowing faranges into the moo ban even though they lived there. The bullet holes are still in the guard shack.

Yu'p I'm sure your right, the guy was nut's, and I'm sure there are bullet holes in the security guard's shack weather from this guy or not, because the victim was a national shooting champion, in other words a marksman, and "pot shoot's" (I'm sure you mean pot shots) is just not something a marksman dose, they most often hit what they are aiming at.