GPS problems on new Mitsubishi triton

SimonF

Hi out there, can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? I have recently purchased a new Mitsubishi triton, the truck comes with a "media" center built into the center of the dashboard, everything works except for the gps, I need the software on a USB to get it going. Did Mitsubishi deliver the car with the software, no, do the showroom know how to help me, no (but have friend can help, good price for you, I DONT THINK SO!!!) I have been out on the net and downloaded what I thought might be the software, but no joy. I have emailed the head office of Mitsubishi in Bangkok, I am not really expecting an answer. Anyone out there experienced the same problem and solved the issue ? I would really appreciate any input.

Simon

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have the same problem....have no answer either....am reading this post with interest and await all the TV experts.

This sounds very strange.

If the dealership/Mitsubishi corp 'sold' you GPS function and both of you 'paid' for it, it would seem that it is Mitsubishi that is responsible to deliver the GPS to their paying customers ..... The solution lies with corporate.

GPS nav systems generally are installed on a SD card - not USB.

I think you should post exactly what both of your dealerships say about the GPS function in your vehicles.

Have the same problem....have no answer either....am reading this post with interest and await all the TV experts.

This sounds very strange. coffee1.gif

If the dealership/Mitsubishi corp 'sold' you GPS function and both of you 'paid' for it, it would seem that it is Mitsubishi that is responsible to deliver the GPS to their paying customers ..... The solution lies with corporate.

GPS nav systems generally are installed on a SD card - not USB.

I think you should post exactly what both of your dealerships say about the GPS function in your vehicles.

GPS-Navi systems generally are installed on a SD card - not USB.

Cracked it, I can hardly believe that I got an email and a call from Mitsubishi, if you buy a 2013 model or any of the coming models (2014 and 15) the gps is not included on any Mitsubishi cars/trucks, it will be an optional extra. The price? A whopping 14100 b, think I'll go for a garmin on the windscreen from big C, you know what your paying for, get the best one for about 10000.

It's is on USB actually.The gps wasn't even mentioned when I bought the car, I was thinking about the motor and other more practical things, the words "gps included" was never mentioned, I assumed it would be on the car because there is an gps icon in the media center, now I know, but I would have preferred if the local dealer actually tried to sell me one even if I wouldn't have bought it. I talked to the Mitsubishi head office, they even checked the chassis nr, they told me that it's not included. It's not the end of the world, thanks for the imput.

Cracked it, I can hardly believe that I got an email and a call from Mitsubishi, if you buy a 2013 model or any of the coming models (2014 and 15) the gps is not included on any Mitsubishi cars/trucks, it will be an optional extra. The price? A whopping 14100 b, think I'll go for a garmin on the windscreen from big C, you know what your paying for, get the best one for about 10000.

It's is on USB actually.The GPS wasn't even mentioned when I bought the car, I was thinking about the motor and other more practical things, the words "GPS included" was never mentioned, I assumed it would be on the car because there is an GPS icon in the media center, now I know, but I would have preferred if the local dealer actually tried to sell me one even if I wouldn't have bought it. I talked to the Mitsubishi head office, they even checked the chassis no. they told me that it's not included. It's not the end of the world, thanks for the input.

It's good to hear that it has been quickly resolved. clap2.gif

Sales-people: They are a slippery lot, they are! facepalm.gif

Nice to hear that it's resolved.

Only advice GPS wise, buy one with Free Lifetime Maps update and maybe one with support for Driving Recorders

I love my Garmin, look here for current models from the Nuvi series

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/product.aspx

Only advice GPS wise, buy one with Free Lifetime Maps update and maybe one with support for Driving Recorders

This one any good?

nuvi 2467 LM

Price 6,490 Baht

It's got lifetime maps update

This one any good?

nuvi 2467 LM

Price 6,490 Baht

No idea, no experience with it, it depends of course what you want.

You also could buy the Nuvi 40 (http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/productdetailfeature.aspx?Category=PND&ID=19) and buy the Lifetime Map update (I believe when sold separately it's an additional 1500 THB) but then you won't have Bluetooth features etc.

I have the 2575 (never used the Tv feature though wink.png ) and the 2565.

Any questions email them: [email protected]

This one any good?

nuvi 2467 LM

Price 6,490 Baht

Here is a chart that compares the features between your 2467 LM and MJCM's 2575 model:

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/productcomparison2.aspx?items=23,12&Category=PND

• Like 1