Farang Police

NigelKennedy

They are defunct and now called the Foreign Police and can be found in the Station at the bottom of walking street where they are set up with their own desks and area in the MAIN police station.

They now wear a brown uniform with Foreign Police on it its a new unit that is much more involved in Police activities and missions.

They are defunct and now called the Foreign Police and can be found in the Station at the bottom of walking street where they are set up with their own desks and area in the MAIN police station.

They now wear a brown uniform with Foreign Police on it its a new unit that is much more involved in Police activities and missions.

Where's "Walking Street"?

Why do they need to wear a uniform to 'help out'?

I guess to show people they are part of the police and there to help and yes there are also undercover guys who dont wear uniforms both farang and many thai and you would never know they were cops looking at them

Edited by DiamondKing

I guess to show people they are part of the police and there to help and yes there are also undercover guys who dont wear uniforms both farang and many thai and you would never know they were cops looking at them

That is so true. It is almost impossible to detect undercover police in Thailand. Where in the USA and some European countries they stand out like a sore thumb. Especially in the USA, you can spot one a mile away; mannerisms, clothing style, etc.

There are still some around. One Australian guy comes to mind. I think Rob of SK is involved with one of the branches of Foreign Police as well. You could ask him.

The Australian guy`s name that I knew was, Laurie. Nice bloke, used to run a guesthouse. But that was yonks ago and haven`t seen him for many years.

There are still some around. One Australian guy comes to mind. I think Rob of SK is involved with one of the branches of Foreign Police as well. You could ask him.

The Australian guy`s name that I knew was, Laurie. Nice bloke, used to run a guesthouse. But that was yonks ago and haven`t seen him for many years.

That's the guy I'm thinking of. He is still around.

Yes, that`s true.

Many of the farang so-called police these days are used as snitches and even the regular Thai police hate their guts. I heard that a couple of them are involved with the music license farces that have been hitting the town in the last couple of years.

There are a few that can speak fluent Thai on the police books that are used as translators, called in if and when their services are required.

• Like 1

Laurie is part of the new Foreign Police

I somehow doubt it, if it`s the same guy I`m thinking of. Was he about 5 10 tall, thin build, dark hair around 50ish?

Sometime ago they changed the rules that the voluntary farang police had a serve a minimum of 20 hours per week duty, then after that many dropped out or lost interest, didn`t want to take on that commitment.

Yes, that`s true.

Many of the farang so-called police these days are used as snitches and even the regular Thai police hate their guts. I heard that a couple of them are involved with the music license farces that have been hitting the town in the last couple of years.

There are a few that can speak fluent Thai on the police books that are used as translators, called in if and when their services are required.

I have not heard of ANY farang undercover being involved in the music scam if I did I would out them cos that BS

the ones I know are drugs and looking for pedophiles and connected to UK police and follow up on any UK criminals that may be In CM

the thais are mainly drug undercover guys

Where's "Walking Street"?

Well I know there is one in Pattaya. But I think that the one they are talking about here is the one Sunday nights that starts at Thai Pa gate and goes in to the old city Set up like a flea market,

I somehow doubt it, if it`s the same guy I`m thinking of. Was he about 5 10 tall, thin build, dark hair around 50ish?

Sometime ago they changed the rules that the voluntary farang police had a serve a minimum of 20 hours per week duty, then after that many dropped out or lost interest, didn`t want to take on that commitment.

Its the same Laurie he owns a guesthouse near walking street and was in the TPD for many years and moved over to the foreign police so it is definately the same guy you are reffering.

With regards to the TPD Voluntary police its a much longer story than that and thats not the reason it fell apart but I cant be bothered to type out the whole thing that happened and why its no longer operating but that its not it.

Thanks for that.

Old Laurie is still at it. He must have served at least 10 years by now. He has to be about 60 now.

Thanks for that.

Old Laurie is still at it. He must have served at least 10 years by now. He has to be about 60 now.

He looks exactly the same and yes been around for ever and a real nice guy with it.

Some of them are decent guys and did good work. A wannabe is better than a neverwas.

Touche' Ed,

Suck on that one Fredge45.... ya 'neverwas' biggrin.png

Got a good laugh out of that reply Ed.... I shall remember it for a while. Ok nice day out, time for a bike ride.....

Once saw a bunch of police arresting a couple on a motorbike near my house. Four uniformed officers and a male and female pair of plain clothers. The guy had greasy long hair and the woman looked like a drug addict. Seemed pretty convincing disguises to me.

Once saw a bunch of police arresting a couple on a motorbike near my house. Four uniformed officers and a male and female pair of plain clothers. The guy had greasy long hair and the woman looked like a drug addict. Seemed pretty convincing disguises to me.

It was CMKiwi and his bird...helping out.

It was CMKiwi and his bird...helping out.

Whats that? Sorry to disappoint...dont have long greasy hair and never have. Im ex military and some habits are hard to break, always have short haircuts. My missus is so anti drugs it aint funny.

But hey if it was us.... we should move to Hollywood if these performances were that good! Nah..... LOS suits us fine.

wai.gif