Obtaining a working visa for Saudi in Bangkok?

A couple of my colleagues have been offered teaching positions in Saudi via a middle eastern agent who has suggested they need to return their home countries to obtain the visa and medical certificates.......... but as they are located inThailand it would be so much easier if it could all be done in Bangkok.

Have any members been through this process in BKK and can offer advice?

Many thanks.

Has to be done in your home country, I went through all this, I live in Thailand but am a UK citizen. Luckily the company arranged everything, it is only the medical that needs to be done there ( You could post your visa / passport documents ), however when I went I did both at the same time.

The Saudi medical in Harley street London literally takes 5 minutes.....pointless really

Has to be done in your home country for the medical and a police letter saying you have no criminal record. In the USA it comes from your local Sheriff's office in the UK it comes from Scotland Yard.

Can be a pain for people living in Thailand.

Done mine in 2006 and done in Bkk. Did have to get the police clearance from the USA but my Saudi visa and wives Saudi Visa done right in Bkk.

Now that was 2006, maybe things have changed. PM if you have questions

Dreadful place to goto. Are they asians because you know that asians have less rights then dogs in saudia and other arab countries

Before they go ask them to check out www.youtube.com and search 'slaves in arabia'

Depends on company you are working for but in general agents are bad news.

It can be great or it can be a nightmare.

Dreadful place to goto. Are they asians because you know that asians have less rights then dogs in saudia and other arab countries

Before they go ask them to check out www.youtube.com and search 'slaves in arabia'

Depends on company you are working for but in general agents are bad news.

It can be great or it can be a nightmare.

Spent a year in KSA and loved it! Dry heat and next to the Red Sea so great for diving.

Petrol is less than 5 Baht per liter! If you have to live in Riyadh than think twice bah.gif

Regarding Visa, I used an agent to get my Visa and I am sure I could handle this with email, mail and online requests to Government offices, but I do not recall how I managed my medical.

Most likely you'll get an Iqama (employment Visa) where I only got a one month business visa so I had to leave every 30 days.

Residence visa and medical from your HOME country (if you are from the UK) if you will be working and are going to get the Iqamma once in Saudi. Just recently did mine........however a police report was not needed.

As someone above stated......it's not the best of places to be.

My Wife (Thai) got her Saudi visa whilst she was living in the UK. My company arranged everything, so don't know how much hassle it was.

If you have to live in Riyadh than think twice bah.gif alt=bah.gif>

I live in Riyadh (for 5 years now) and love it. Depends where you live I suppose.

It can be done without leaving Thailand if you are British. Your agent will insist that you must return to the UK but hold out and they will eventually give in.

The medical form can be completed in Thailand - the form and all test results must be stamped with the hospital seal - should cost about THB8000.

All of your original documents (TEFL certificate, degree etc) and passport must then be couriered to the UK.

If you have a TEFL certificate that was gained in Thailand then it must be notarised at the Saudi embassy in Bangkok before you courier it to the UK (this can be a pain).

It takes about a month then they will courier your passport back to Thailand with your Saudi visa.

Contact HMI (Harley Medic International). They charge a little over GBP500 but a good Saudi agent should refund this when you arrive in country to report for work.

PM me for e-mail address.