Where is Thailand on the Philippens disaster ?

Robby nz

Many thais went to Philippine embassy personally to give their help to the Philippines as of now the embassy received more than 15,000 kilos of food and anything.

We are very thankful for all the help that we receive. We are thankful for all the support, kindness, generosity and humanity of the foreign people who help filipino victims all deeds forever written in the hearts of filipinos.

We filipinos are thankful for all the people who give their kind message to all victims. Every kind word can help, can change the life it creates confidence to them to not to give up because the world loves them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I have worked with 1000s of your countrymen.

You are a strong people, used to so many negative things which life can throw at You.

Not many nationalities are willing to sacrifice so much for their families as You do.

The entire world are with You in this.

I know You will soon walk tall again.

Thank you for your kind words. My family are okay and far from Tacloban. I'm saying thank you in behalf of my fellow filipino who are affected by typhoon. We filipinos love each other if somebody hurt we can feel what they feel. If we see them crying we are crying too. We filipinos really thankful to all the help that we receive I know some people here sent money to the red cross in Philippines.

Thanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same.

I saw on BBC World News this morning all the people suffering with no food or water. Thailand has tonnes of rice. Why not send some to help these poor people.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We all know Thailand gives the most. It is the Hub of Giving

Yes. It gives sad old farts with a penchant for commercial sex activities somewhere to live.

I was thinking the same.

I saw on BBC World News this morning all the people suffering with no food or water. Thailand has tonnes of rice. Why not send some to help these poor people.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We all know Thailand gives the most. It is the Hub of Giving

Yes. It gives sad old farts with a penchant for commercial sex activities somewhere to live.

They gave you a house?

A few months ago i liked a certain tourguide company operated from Thailand on facebook they always post nice short movies about certain must see places in Thailand presented by young farangs.

Today said facebook page posted an online ad campaign to donate money to a certain matrass factory in Thailand so said company could make and ship quality matrasses to the poor people hit by disaster in the philipines .

One can not make this stuff up trying to make money from other peoples misery <deleted>....

I attended a Thai group sponsored Loy Kratong celebration in Jakarta last night. The event was attended by various dignitaries and businessmen, including the Thai Ambassador to Indonesia. The first thing noticeable when walking through the door was a prominent desk set up for donations for Philippine relief.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was wondering exactly the same thing. It seems its always the "Farang Countries" that come to the rescue. What does this say about Buddhism?

Anyway the temples look lovely just dont rely on this society when you are in dire need. Time to use society's money to buy some more planes for my children, spend 10,000 pounds on afternoon tea.

I was wondering exactly the same thing. It seems its always the "Farang Countries" that come to the rescue. What does this say about Buddhism?

Anyway the temples look lovely just dont rely on this society when you are in dire need. Time to use society's money to buy some more planes for my children, spend 10,000 pounds on afternoon tea.

And I was wondering if you had read more than one post in this thread, or any news papers (online) the last 7-8 days.

• Like 1

The Philippines is sorrounded by warm bodies of ocean water thats why Philippines are always visited by typhoons. My country battered by cyclones that form over the pacific ocean it also lies along the pacific ring of fire where tectonic plates collide and about 80% of the largest occur. I'm from Philippines and I watched several typhoons. We filipinos are tired from criticism saying that my country are poor. You guys didn't know what we are going through you are not in Philippines to experience of waking up at night to run and to save our life because of typhoon. We can handle all the pains but its hard to accept the criticism from other people because they don't understand our situation.we are working hard to have a better life, work and save to build a beautiful house but in just an hour typhoon will destroy all.

The Philippines is a poor country, that's a fact, not criticism.

If any country is criticized here, it's Thailand and China - for not doing enough to help it's neighbor country.

I am sure all the people on this forum wish the best to all the victims.

Philippines is not a neighbor country pal.

Look at a map.

wink.png

I guess we all know about the tiny amount China started out with, then upped it a bit.

But if we pay attention we also know that China does this as a symbolic gesture, since the 2 countries are in a bitter argument over territory.

What has Thailand given so far, since it is too little?

Surely you know what they have given, since you state it is too little.

Finally, for all critics, what should Thailand give, and what did your country give?

Sum or per capita?

Thailand & the Phils are both in South-East Asia, both are part of the ASEAN economic community and are very close geographically. That makes them neighbors. If you have a problem with that - go jump off a balcony.

How much Thailand gave I do not know, but it does not change the fact that it's been criticized in this thread for not doing enough.

My country already set up a field hospital near Tacloban, with over 150 staff members.

How much per capita is it I do not know, but they will treat many thousands of injured and sick people that have no other medical care available.

The Philippines is sorrounded by warm bodies of ocean water thats why Philippines are always visited by typhoons. My country battered by cyclones that form over the pacific ocean it also lies along the pacific ring of fire where tectonic plates collide and about 80% of the largest occur. I'm from Philippines and I watched several typhoons. We filipinos are tired from criticism saying that my country are poor. You guys didn't know what we are going through you are not in Philippines to experience of waking up at night to run and to save our life because of typhoon. We can handle all the pains but its hard to accept the criticism from other people because they don't understand our situation.we are working hard to have a better life, work and save to build a beautiful house but in just an hour typhoon will destroy all.

The Philippines is a poor country, that's a fact, not criticism.

If any country is criticized here, it's Thailand and China - for not doing enough to help it's neighbor country.

I am sure all the people on this forum wish the best to all the victims.

Philippines is not a neighbor country pal.

Look at a map.

wink.png

I guess we all know about the tiny amount China started out with, then upped it a bit.

But if we pay attention we also know that China does this as a symbolic gesture, since the 2 countries are in a bitter argument over territory.

What has Thailand given so far, since it is too little?

Surely you know what they have given, since you state it is too little.

Finally, for all critics, what should Thailand give, and what did your country give?

Sum or per capita?

Thailand & the Phils are both in South-East Asia, both are part of the ASEAN economic community and are very close geographically. That makes them neighbors. If you have a problem with that - go jump off a balcony.

How much Thailand gave I do not know, but it does not change the fact that it's been criticized in this thread for not doing enough.

My country already set up a field hospital near Tacloban, with over 150 staff members.

How much per capita is it I do not know, but they will treat many thousands of injured and sick people that have no other medical care available.

No it does NOT make it a neighbor country.

Just because some people use all opportunities and threads to slag off this country (I have issues as well), does not make it a fact that the country has not given anything.

Read more than just TV.

Given that the Phillipines is one of the most blindly loyal Catholic states in the world, I wonder how much help the Vatican has donated, either from its vast gold reserves or in simple human charity.

( I am sure that someone there said a prayer, but in terms of practical help?)

"Your country"....well that's fine. But what have YOU done? Don't worry, I already know the answer. Zilch.

• Like 1

From Thai newspaper, Thailand gives the Philippines as follows;

- 200,000 USD from gov.

- 5,000 tons of rice, drinking water, medicine

- 5,000 rescue bags and 100 tents from Princess Pa Foundation

- Medical team

- 83,423,450 THB donated from Thai people

- etc.

• Like 1

From Thai newspaper, Thailand gives the Philippines as follows;

- 200,000 USD from gov.

- 5,000 tons of rice, drinking water, medicine