Australian think tank warns of 'febrile' atmosphere in Thailand after ICJ ruling

webfact

There are a number of Australians & others who are knocking the Lowy Institute and expressing a deep ignorance of the organisation.

With a minimum of effort you can see who is on the Board & Advisory Group and their credentials. Some examples:

Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston AC AFC (Ret’d) ex the Chief of the Defence Force (Australia)

Ambassador Martin S. Indyk Vice President and Director of the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution in Washington DC, and a former U.S. Ambassador to Israel.

Peter Lowy is joint Co-Chief Executive Officer of the Westfield Group. Mr Lowy serves as Chairman of the Homeland Security Advisory Council. He also serves on the RAND Corporation Executive Committee and Board of Trustees

Michael Thawley AO ex Australian Ambassador to USA

Ambassador Wiryono Sastrohandoyo- Former Indonesian Ambassador to Australia Ambassador Chan Heng Chee DUBC - Was the Ambassador of the Republic of Singapore to the United States from 1996 to 2012
  • Like 1

Oh, Australia has a "think tank" ? It must be 80 proof.................

Well we are not the U.S or Europe but Yep we do have the capacity to think. The world is quite welcome to come and join us and you will be amazed by the things we have given you.

Fosters,Black box flight recorder, hills hoist,ute,stump jump plough,hoges,andy thomas, the word struth,ironman comp,ozzie rules and the lowry inst.

There are a number of Australians & others who are knocking the Lowy Institute and expressing a deep ignorance of the organisation.

With a minimum of effort you can see who is on the Board & Advisory Group and their credentials. Some examples:

Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston AC AFC (Ret’d) ex the Chief of the Defence Force (Australia)

Ambassador Martin S. Indyk Vice President and Director of the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution in Washington DC, and a former U.S. Ambassador to Israel.

Peter Lowy is joint Co-Chief Executive Officer of the Westfield Group. Mr Lowy serves as Chairman of the Homeland Security Advisory Council. He also serves on the RAND Corporation Executive Committee and Board of Trustees

Ambassador Wiryono Sastrohandoyo- Former Indonesian Ambassador to Australia Ambassador Chan Heng Chee DUBC - Was the Ambassador of the Republic of Singapore to the United States from 1996 to 2012

But to the knockers these people are Australians and idiots who couldn't make a vegemite sandwich without supervision from an American truck diver. Not educated unless educated in an American pre school.

But to the knockers these people are Australians and idiots who couldn't make a vegemite sandwich without supervision from an American truck diver. Not educated unless educated in an American pre school.

It is pretty much saying that an educated Australian would not even be qualified to wipe the arse of an American dog.

Edited by chooka

Australian think tank. That`s a joke. Since when have Australians started to think?

If an Australian visitor catches a cold in Thailand, it will become headline news and then the Australians start warning visitors not to holiday here.

And regarding safety issues between Australia and Thailand, I know which side my money`s on.

isnt it a national trait?

Yes it is Australians are nothing but a bunch of cavemen who haven't even discovered the wheel. A total bunch of uneducated dipshits who still sleep in their shit and wonder why they stink. People who have absolutely no capacity to think and the only reason for this is because they aren't fuc_king Americans the most supreme race of people on the planet.

This is why Australians have such a deep seeded hatred of Americans because they think they are so bloody superior to the rest of the world and think the world must bow down to them as they spit in the face of everyone.

If the high an mighty American pig shit on here wants to attack the intelligence of high profile Australians then Australians will take the biggest shit on the face of the most evil murderous people on the planet. America is the most un educated group of fuc_kwits ever to be placed on this planet. Look in your own backyard and the quality of people leading you before you shit on others,

I think if you look it up you find that Australians per capital are one of the most highly educated and intelligent group of people on planet. Huge contributions to medicine, science and technology, probably rank number one in the world per capita.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

isnt it a national trait?

Yes it is Australians are nothing but a bunch of cavemen who haven't even discovered the wheel. A total bunch of uneducated dipshits who still sleep in their shit and wonder why they stink. People who have absolutely no capacity to think and the only reason for this is because they aren't fuc_king Americans the most supreme race of people on the planet.

This is why Australians have such a deep seeded hatred of Americans because they think they are so bloody superior to the rest of the world and think the world must bow down to them as they spit in the face of everyone.

If the high an mighty American pig shit on here wants to attack the intelligence of high profile Australians then Australians will take the biggest shit on the face of the most evil murderous people on the planet. America is the most un educated group of fuc_kwits ever to be placed on this planet. Look in your own backyard and the quality of people leading you before you shit on others,

I think if you look it up you find that Australians per capital are one of the most highly educated and intelligent group of people on planet. Huge contributions to medicine, science and technology, probably rank number one in the world per capita.

"This is why Australians have such a deep seeded hatred of Americans" Hey mate. Settle down. Don't include all us Aussies in your narrow minded unworldly attitude. Your statement is just not true. Most Australians I know have no such hatred and treat American people with the same respect they would anyone else living on this rock we call Earth. Just as most Americans treat us with respect. Have a nice day Sir, as my mostly polite American friends would say.

• Like 2

Well at least as Aussie, we can take the piss, call each other dick-head, <deleted>, drongo, <deleted>-wit, without having to run to the nearest police station or legal eagle to file a suit for libel.

So to all the knockers - stick it where the sun doesn't shine as we don't give a rats-ar_se, we are used to being paid out by Aussie expert and you guys are bloody amateurs.

• Like 2

I'm Aussie, and I like Americans!

No such thing as Aussie culture ? .... I'm inclined to agree :(

I think the Aussies must be jealous that they've no longer got their own 'Smart Lady' leading their country like the Thais have.

Neither Gillard or KY are anything for anyone to be jealous about.

KY is nice to look at though :-)

Thailand has nothing for Aussies to be jealous about except price of a carton of beer, and quality of the local talent :-)

I miss footpaths too violin.gif

If an Australian visitor catches a cold in Thailand, it will become headline news and then the Australians start warning visitors not to holiday here.

They're already warning Aussies not go there.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Thailand

and very right wing i believe....

What a load of crap!!coffee1.gif

May I suggest that the socalled "think tank" visits the country, they are writing about!!

The febrile atmosphere in Thailand are caused by little darlings like this one:attachicon.gif835-583x874.jpg

And not by the ICJ-ruling!!

Do you know anything about the Lowy Institute ?? Obviously not with a comment like this one. They are at the leading edge of Australia's foriegn policy. More than qualified to make observations on what's going on in SEA.

http://lowyinstitute.org/ coffee1.gif

febrile = feverish = hotspot

Thailand has always been hot whether it be the weather or the girls.

Thailand has never gotten along well with its neighbors formally but informally we are sabai sabai.

I don't see anything changes in the general atmosphere lest you decide to linger around the Thai-Cambodian border area of Prear Vihear and get your foot blown off from a landline or shot for trespassing then the Lowry Institute can say " We told you so".

Edited by smileydude

Misquoted.

Febrile®: A recent Australian patented cyclone rated, heat resistant roofing material. Used to lower temperatures and keep the "lid" on structures.

For scientific and technological advice the Lowy institute often gets input from the Austrialian Governments CSIRO, (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) who hold the patent for Febrile®

I think Lowy was advocating use of the above product.

;-)

Edited by avander