Briton Shot Dead In Pattaya

george

Strange for a white foreigner to wear a big gold chain like that. It's usually blacks who wear big gold chains from poor backgrounds. Sad to hear he was shot. I wouldn't have stopped either but i wonder if his bike was bigger than a 200cc would he still be alive.

On the night Steve was wearing a gold chain but this was only a very small 50 satang gold chain, not the 5 baht one from the previous robbery, this was locked away since the last robbery.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second point, the victim was known to be wearing an obviously visible 5 baht gold chain when he had his first altercation a couple of years back. Today, that represents for some Thais a years income. Assuming he still had this chain and someone knew about it, that in itself is enough to put your life at risk. Sad but true.

IMO you're more likely to get killed here for being rude/saying the wrong thing/injuring someone's pride than to get killed for your material possessions. Poor folks don't only see gold and jewelry. They know how much their employers are worth, they know which cars cost 8-9 million Baht, they know we probably don't eat ramen noodles as a main course to be served with rice (many of our construction workers do). Treat them with respect, it's not necessary to remind them of their place in the hierarchy, they already know very well what it is.

But yeah, keep your eyes open, hopefully you won't get mugged once every 10 days.

:o

Street smarts - evaluate whats going on around you - size up the people. 9/10 times you can see trouble before it even starts and make an exit.

..providing you're sober enough! :o

Good reason to not drink so much and come/go in large groups.

Edited by britmaveric

How did such a seriouse thread turn in to such garbage?

Generally speaking, most threads involving speculation by simpletons feeding off a diet of innuendo and hearsay usually do.

Why on earth do you think this one should be any different?

Generally speaking, most threads involving speculation by simpletons feeding off a diet of innuendo and hearsay usually do.

There haven't been any fresh developments concerning this murder case since Wednesday/Thursday of last week basically.

Which quite frankly surprises me - I thought - or at least I was truly hoping - there would have been an arrest or arrests by now.

But there hasn't been, as far as I know.

Probably accounts for why this big story is tending to drift off topic every now and then! :o

I think tomorrow morning will bring a fresh disclosure.

Strange for a white foreigner to wear a big gold chain like that. It's usually blacks who wear big gold chains from poor backgrounds. Sad to hear he was shot. I wouldn't have stopped either but i wonder if his bike was bigger than a 200cc would he still be alive.

On the night Steve was wearing a gold chain but this was only a very small 50 satang gold chain, not the 5 baht one from the previous robbery, this was locked away since the last robbery.

cotty230

cotty 230hope they find the true story out i doubt it was just a robbery no one else took a stray bullet y 2 in the head if it was just robbery and in the face how they got in front of him when they were chacin him is beyond me smiggyhull Edited by smiggyhull

Was the said guy a bar owner or anything to do with a bar ???

no just living out there was sellin up and cumin back 2 uk robbery my arse that was a hit sadly missed by me and a lot of people in hull uk rip mate your pal smiggyhull

Edited by smiggyhull

First of all i would like to offer my deepest heartfelt sympathy to Steve, his family, his friends. His Farlang Friends and his Thai friends no matter what colour or religion. All of them will surely miss the guy.

I didn't know Steve. However i am sure that on one of my trips to Pattaya i have proberbly had a drink in his company and if thats so i would like to raise my glass to him one more time.

This thread interesting as it may be has not managed to stick to the point. It seems that some of you are more interested in telling us how bad Pattaya is and the rest of you are wanting to extoll the wonders of the place.

I read the first 7 pages then i lost interest becouse of the sqabbling. I have no desire to quote anyone. However i would like to point out that there is a strong point made a few times about Farland making a nusience of themselves and throwing money around. We are all guilty of this at some point in LOS. WHY?? Cos its dead easy to be a Ten Bob millionaire in a place where you can live for bugger all. We are there in our masses from all countries but we seem to fail to realise that its not our town we are just borrowing it for a short while.

One comment i would like to make about the MURDER of Mr Parkinson is that i also think that it is a set-up. We have all read the stories about Thai G/F who kills B/F after she finds out that he has taken a bar girl when they are on a break. I wonder if the estranged GF who is living in a hotel for a few days could be somewhere behind this. Or even if the lying cow who was on the back of his bike. I do not know of any bar girl who has 40,000 in her purse that carries on working while she has it. They normally live the high life or send it to mum and dad then go back to work when its gone.

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Respect to his pals over there............

I understand the points made about pages of pointless drivel on some of these news clipping threads. :o

I've lost count of times i've seen a news thread with 10+ pages, thought 'mmm, I'll have some of that, looks like it could be of some interest', then after a few pages realise it's just limp speculation and conclusion-jumping clogging up web space. :D

might be an idea to close these threads earlier, or better still, close them after original post!!

just my opinion of course.

:D

again Pattaya! I am glad that I don't live in that place! :D

You are not the only one... :o

================================================================

You're both not 1/2 as glad as us "True-Pattayans" !!!!

Please stay in your safe-haven of "Nakhom Nowhere" and give Pattaya a wide berth, okay ? You're doing a lot of people a great favour by acting thus !

Proud Pattayan !

:D

it is ok saying stay away but wot happens to pattaya if we us the falangs with the cash to keep pattaya on its feet just think no falangs and pattaya would sink quicker than the titanic been ex-marine get them <deleted> b4 they get you as they cannot fight to save their lives if necessary take em out well and proper :D

Sorry guys but you all have the same prospective, Pattaya is a place to have fun. Lets face it it was the first place in Thailnd t accept us kind of guys. Just be happy its not u on the Phanthom. I get better acceleration from my 125. Its all about show off, its all about piss off the Thai. come on its not rieligion guys. Just live and let live. Sorry Steve Rest in Peace

There haven't been any fresh developments concerning this murder case since Wednesday/Thursday of last week basically.

Which quite frankly surprises me - I thought - or at least I was truly hoping - there would have been an arrest or arrests by now.

But there hasn't been, as far as I know.

Quick update, yes no news of yet and no culprits caught! But today 9 May at 12.30 - 1.00pm, there will be a press conference with Steves family and the police officers dealing with the case. Which if the family lawyer agrees we should be able to gain some further leverage by using the media, cannot say to much but hoepfully the plan will have the desired affect. Cotty

Probably accounts for why this big story is tending to drift off topic every now and then! :o

I think tomorrow morning will bring a fresh disclosure.

it is ok saying stay away but wot happens to pattaya if we us the falangs with the cash to keep pattaya on its feet just think no falangs and pattaya would sink quicker than the titanic been ex-marine get them <deleted> b4 they get you as they cannot fight to save their lives if necessary take em out well and proper

and there you have it , in a nutshell.

Is this not about the man getting shot anymore??

An news update the group, the family have now offered a reward of 250,000 baht on a secured conviction of all four persons involved in the robbery & murder of Steve. This should hit the local Thai news tomorrow, the family have personally thanked the police today for there efforts to find Steve killers and are happy with the currrent progress of the investigation.

An news update the group, the family have now offered a reward of 250,000 baht on a secured conviction of all four persons involved in the robbery & murder of Steve. This should hit the local Thai news tomorrow, the family have personally thanked the police today for there efforts to find Steve killers and are happy with the currrent progress of the investigation.

A very smart move, i truly believe that this will have the desired effect. I hope i am right.

(maybe a mod could just flick through this thread and deleat the bulk of crap that is on it) keep it open for those genuinly interested and concerned as to what is going on.

cotty - so do the police actually know who did this??? (please tell me they do)

Wish I could say but right they are still investigating but I cannot go into detail (pls be patient) , in general the family feel its all going well(if you know what we mean!!!!). But after todays meeting everyone is feeling alot happier (believe me 100%), Steves sister will stay on now for a little bit longer Police have requested she does so too, cannot say more ( I dont want to compromise the case). Will keep the group informed and all friends & family I will let you know when & where the funeral will take place ( Wat chai South pattaya road at the moment date to be confirmed, near centre condo), Steves sister is insisting no one wears black (not steves style at all).

Cotty

A very smart move, i truly believe that this will have the desired effect. I hope i am right.

(maybe a mod could just flick through this thread and deleat the bulk of crap that is on it) keep it open for those genuinly interested and concerned as to what is going on.

Thanks we hope it as the desired affect, now lets cut to the chase and get rid of the crap threads, this is about all Steve and his murder not how crap you think Pattaya is, if you dont like Pattaya or Thailand GO HOME or you have the choice to go to another forum on these pages and express your opinions. Hopefully we dont want to be hearing about you in the next weeks news bulletin, so go home "Its Safer"!!!!!!! Pls no more threads on Pattaya and how bad it is, lets stick to finding out who murdered Steve in this thread, please.

cotty - so do the police actually know who did this??? (please tell me they do)

Wish I could say but right they are still investigating but I cannot go into detail (pls be patient) , in general the family feel its all going well(if you know what we mean!!!!). But after todays meeting everyone is feeling alot happier (believe me 100%), Steves sister will stay on now for a little bit longer Police have requested she does so too, cannot say more ( I dont want to compromise the case). Will keep the group informed and all friends & family I will let you know when & where the funeral will take place ( Wat chai South pattaya road at the moment date to be confirmed, near centre condo), Steves sister is insisting no one wears black (not steves style at all).

Cotty

Hope everything works out and they catch them.

Condolences to his family and friends.

... "how do these people come to be here , where do they get so much money from , there are too many now ,
Same trend happened back in the 70's in Costa Rica, (San Hose), with social security retiree's displacing the locals,

A tipping point was reached,

Not sure we're there yet in Patters, we'll see, :o

Yeah, I didn't think that my UK tabloid (that I buy for football news) woul;d have hit the nail quite on the head, so to speak.

redrus

You are right there - the article tells us more about the journalistic qualities of the Star than about any events that may have occured in Thailand.... :o

any updates ?

Sorry no more news yet, they have suspects and several leads but nothing confirmed, no arrests yet to date. We are all hoping the reward will have the right affect, the family are hoping to cremate Steve on either Tuesday or Wednesday depending if there are any further delays with the paper work and public holidays. The service for Steve is planned to be carried out at Wat Chaimongkol (Pattaya Tai or otherwise known as south Pattaya road), I will keep the group informed of date and exact time and we hope that all is friends/family will attend.

Cotty

Yeah, I didn't think that my UK tabloid (that I buy for football news) woul;d have hit the nail quite on the head, so to speak.

redrus

You are right there - the article tells us more about the journalistic qualities of the Star than about any events that may have occured in Thailand.... :o

Thats why i read it back to front.....!

redrus