Where are the gay areas in Bangkok, Phuket, and Samui?

ongchart

I run an outbound tour business, Thai Me Up Tours, in Sydney, specializing in tours to Thailand. Our focus is on customized, personal service for our clients. We currently have itinerary for partying, culture, adventures, biking, cycling, cosmetics surgery, meditation, and even cultural immersion. What we don't have right now is Gays Package.

As I am not gay, I would like to know what gay couples like to do in Thailand, where do they wine and dine, and where do they go to meet like minded people (Thais, expats, fellow travellers). We are targeting the 3 locations as destinations for a start. Maybe Hua Hin will be a good place for gays? Any gay bars, hotels, streets, clubs, restaurants, massage, spas in these 3 locations?

Where are the specific places to avoid, as in for example, where gays may be ostracized or ridiculed?

Any input will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if there are really any places to avoid in Thailand since it is relatively accepting and Thais in general don't like confrontation, so something like ridicule would be fairly unlikely.

Bangkok has a number of areas that cater to the gay community, but hands down, Silom is the main gay area. Silom, Soi 4, has a number of bars and restaurants. In the Silom vicinity and the next street over, Suriwong, there are a number of gay go-go bars. Silom, Soi 2 has a rather well known Disco, DJ Station, which is pretty popular. I haven't been there for years, so others may have some ideas.

But overall, Silom is going to have a good mix. There are good restaurants, nice bars, and venues that appeal to those with a bit more eclectic taste in entertainment.

Welcome to the forum.   I don't know if there are really any places to avoid in Thailand since it is relatively accepting and Thais in general don't like confrontation, so something like ridicule would be fairly unlikely.  

Bangkok has a number of areas that cater to the gay community, but hands down, Silom is the main gay area.   Silom, Soi 4, has a number of bars and restaurants.   In the Silom vicinity and the next street over, Suriwong, there are a number of gay go-go bars.    Silom, Soi 2 has a rather well known Disco, DJ Station, which is pretty popular.   I haven't been there for years, so others may have some ideas.  

But overall, Silom is going to have a good mix.   There are good restaurants, nice bars, and venues that appeal to those with a bit more eclectic taste in entertainment.  

Thanks Scott!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app