Pattaya - The New Deadwood?

HowardJohnson

I still shake my head when I hear people complain about the way things are elsewhere, as though the whole world should be exactly like where they come from. If all the problems listed above don't exist where you come from, then why don't you stay there ?

Me, I'll stick with Pattaya. (Sheesh, I even think those folks living on the other side of Sukhumvit are weird !) :o

Well said...hurry back so you can go on a "slapper recon" with dvk1951 and I :D:D:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, go on then..you don't go to bars, you are not interested in the girls or boys or ladyboys, so what is it, the Golf, the unbearable heat, the low crime rates, the pollution, the equality you have as a Farang with the local Thai people, the water shortages, the constant traffic problems, the pristine beaches, the crystal clear waters, the peace and tranquility of yet another illegal karaoke machine blasting out music all night ?

All the above...I LOVE this place 250.gif

Same here. :o

Same Same here ! :D

Same Same Me - Chop Mak Mak Mak Mak!!!! :D

It's a strange thing about Jomtien Beach. I find that it is cleaner now than I have ever seen it. There is also a 2,000 baht fine for people who litter. Early in the morning you will see many of the vendors raking through the sand making their little area as clean as possible.

You haven't been here 20 years. But that aside, the beach did get into a dreadful state and City Hall then decided to allow vendors who will lose their licences if they don't clean. But nobody seems to ensure that areas of beach are cleaned where there are no chairs, umbrellas, tables, cold boxes, tubes. Also at toilets. Also garbage bins.

Does this B2,000 fine apply on Dongtan Beach? I haven't seen any notices.

Perhaps you are the one who is confused. I just happen to own a condo there. Where did you come up with the 20 years? Are you sure you are talking about Jomtien?

I don't hang around gay beaches so I wouldn't know about Dongtan. That beach is disgusting regardless whether it is clean or dirty.

Yes, I'm talking about Jomthien & Dongtan Beaches. 20 years ago it was so beautiful. Now? As you say Dongtan is the gay beach and a lot of folks find it disgusting but, I suppose, the gays need somewhere to strut their stuff. I must say that I find it more objectionable to be in a restuarant with them pawing each other.