How to invest 7 million BHT ?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He can invest $50k U.S.D. in Australian Forex and get between 10-20% monthly.

He can deposit $100k U.S.D. in a 'piggyback placement' scenario. He keeps the funds in his name. He just blocks them for 40 weeks and makes up to 25% weekly.

Don't look for just one thing. That is the most damaging and most common mistake in investing! A balanced portfolio with different risks and rewards is essential and the overall risk of your portfolio is a question of what level of risk can you stand.

Example: If over one year you can stand to lose 50% of it (actually recent history suggests you could potentially lose 80%) but equally you might get 100% return then invest in Thai stocks. If over one year you cannot stand to lose anything then invest at 1.5% in two UK bank deposit accounts (two because that puts it within loosely speaking 'government guarantee').

A newbie to investing is going to have to put up a lot of detail about their personal circumstances if they are to get advice on the types of investments to go for. Normally people are not happy to post that level of detail on a public forum. Either your friend is going to have to put in a lot of research time or go for professional advice. However, people who learn by experience and research normally do it starting with a small amount of money. Starting with a large lump sum rules out a slow considered approach. If your friend does not have a friend that is a long term and sensible investor with time to help then I would advise that you have to go for paid advice. You are not going to find such advice on a public forum.

*Exchange rate risk ignored for purposes of that simple risk/reward illustration. There is nonetheless a place in anyone's 7 million baht portfolio for a high risk/high reward type of investment if they have an average appetite for risk

If you want to sleep sound at night with no worry stick it in a online saving account in oz ie at Anz or Bankwest 4.30% no risk, access to money, safe as houses. Banks in oz are rock solid. The anz and nab saver account will keep renewing the rate every 4 months. Bankwest will not renew beyond 6 months which is stupid.

There is considerable currency risk in exchanging the money into AUD. The AUD has lost over 9% against the Baht over the last year, so to say that putting your money in a savings account in Australia is without risk is not accurate.

Sophon

I do private mortgages for individuals here in Thailand short term 1-3 years and the return is a safe 12% and maximum 50% LTV and no foreclosure problems. PM for details.

I dunno - "Hawaii Bob" sounds trustworthy, and his avatar looks trustworthy... I guess if he lives in Phuket or Pattaya he must be trustworthy!

LOL, Pattaya

Been Tourist Police Assistant here for almost 8 years.

Also on Board of the Pattaya City Expat Club, come out on Sunday morning 9:30am at "Tavern by the Sea" Amari Orchid Hotel, stop by and meet me.

Yeah - I would trust the mayor of Toronto with all my savings too!

[Not discounting that your offer might be worth a punt for a tiny portion of some ritch bitches (or a gambler-type) investment portfolio but don't try going to convince a newbie to put a substantial part of an investment portfolio in your idea ... pleezsmile.png ]

I do private mortgages for individuals here in Thailand short term 1-3 years and the return is a safe 12% and maximum 50% LTV and no foreclosure problems. PM for details.

I dunno - "Hawaii Bob" sounds trustworthy, and his avatar looks trustworthy... I guess if he lives in Phuket or Pattaya he must be trustworthy!

There is no such thing as high yield/low risk. I personally would run, not walk away from anyone promising a "safe 12%" return.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder how safe his 12% is if they will not/can not pay it back?

I wonder as a foreigner, how he intends to take them to court to get it back? kick them out of their house or transfer and posses their land, all things considered of course and being involved in an illegal business and any contract considered irrelevant if push comes to shuv.

• Like 1

LOL, Pattaya

Also on Board of the Pattaya City Expat Club, come out on Sunday morning 9:30am at "Tavern by the Sea" Amari Orchid Hotel, stop by and meet me.

Oh great stuff, mixing and mingling with the shakers n movers by the sound of it, just how does any of the above legitamise what you are doing?

• Like 2

LOL, Pattaya

Oh great stuff, mixing and mingling with the shakers n movers by the sound of it, just how does any of the above legitamise what you are doing?

Cos he knows people that knows people that knows people...nose what I mean...he can make Noise if need be.

• Like 1

He can invest $50k U.S.D. in Australian Forex and get between 10-20% monthly.

He can deposit $100k U.S.D. in a 'piggyback placement' scenario. He keeps the funds in his name. He just blocks them for 40 weeks and makes up to 25% weekly.

Have you missed a decimal point?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

A couple of posters in this and other similar threads see to have good knowledge over the long term of Thai stocks.

Any of those posters care to give some examples of good quality stocks that have proven themselves over the years and despite any future major financial mishaps, whether local or global, can stand the heat and have good long and short term prospects?

I do not own shares anywhere, but I am interested in learning a little about the local ones here.

A couple of posters in this and other similar threads see to have good knowledge over the long term of Thai stocks.

Any of those posters care to give some examples of good quality stocks that have proven themselves over the years and despite any future major financial mishaps, whether local or global, can stand the heat and have good long and short term prospects?

I do not own shares anywhere, but I am interested in learning a little about the local ones here.

I own Aberdeen and UOB (formerly know as ING) mutual funds.

These are for the long term, I was fortunate enough to purchase these years ago, think the SET was about 300 at the time, I have been adding to them each year.

Sorry for short term I can offer no comment, I see my self more as an investor for the long term rather than a day trader.

Be aware my strategy may not be what you are looking for.

I own Aberdeen and UOB (formerly know as ING) mutual funds.

These are for the long term, I was fortunate enough to purchase these years ago, think the SET was about 300 at the time, I have been adding to them each year.

Sorry for short term I can offer no comment, I see my self more as an investor for the long term rather than a day trader.

Be aware my strategy may not be what you are looking for.

Thanks, but no not really looking for funds info, more individual stocks and a DIY approach.

Also not talking about day trading when I say short term, but from maybe months to years, terms as long as seen to gain a profit and sell if they feel applicable to sell for whatever reason.

I would open an online account at Ktzmico, and invest 1 mil in 4-5 Thai companies (major banks, etc maybe?) and hold 1 mil in cash at the best local interest rate, waiting for the fall of Shinism.

Then I would open an online trading account at Interactive Brokers or any other cheap brokerage, and transfer the rest of the money there, holding 25% in cash. Subscribe to Motley Fool stock advisor, read that for a while before you get carried away, and follow their advice, using only a small portion for the more speculative investment ideas.

I think that 7-10% is possible but by no means guarranteed.

Best advice: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isnt true.

Thats my honest best advice

12%return, hate to think what interest rate you are charging On the mortgage, must be at least 15%. That's criminal. Are collections done by two guys on a cbr 150?

Sent from my ST27a using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by PattayaPhom
  • Like 1

12%return, hate to think what interest rate you are charging On the mortgage, must be at least 15%. That's criminal. Are collections done by two guys on a cbr 150?

Sent from my ST27a using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its not illegal until the interest rate passes 23.999% per annum. Then again, legal pertains to everything, as long as you pay your (dues) taxes to the right farmer. whistling.gif

In the business world those rates are very good. All he is doing is lending based on assets.

To call it a mortgage gives it the wrong impression, it's just a loan based on assets.

15% a year if it is that is not criminal at all, try living in the real business world where you cant even get a loan with assets. for example in Chile, Ukraine, Cambodia lending from a high street bank is very difficult and very high interest rates.

This guy is offering a useful service and i dont understand why you cant see that, maybe it's because your not a businessman. there are not many like the company listed below, but this sector of the market will grow very well as banks wind down their lending.

http://pyattbroadmark.com/financing/

• Like 1

Prime London Property. Up over 100% in 4 years in some areas. Forecast to continue to grow over next 5 years. Lack of supply. Increasing demand. No brainer.

Preaching to the converted, cant wait for our ususal Thai property pimps to come along and explain to us we are wasting our money.

5 properties all in the UK, all in my own name, no need for shonky leases, 30+30+30, <deleted> you gotta laugh.

There is at least one Pattaya property type I spoke to last year who has since pulled out of Thailand and is now investing in wait for it, yeah you guessed it, London.

• Like 1

Wow, there is some really crap/crazy investment advice on this thead! Shockingly so!

I would suggest the OP, or anyone else, not use TV for investment advice, but go to forums that specialize in this, where the posters are educated on this subject, etc.

I mean, would you go on a forum about golf, and ask for medical advice? Maybe, by some chance, you will find a doctor on there, who will answer you, but chances are you will get 3000 crap answers before getting a good one.

Good investments require that one educates oneself on this subject, not just jump on any old forum and ask a bunch of strangers, what they think.

Read some books, read some forums, that are dedicated to this subject, educate yourself to a reasonable degree so that you can tell crap advice from reasonable advice, etc. There are some people on TV who would have/could have good advice, but they are not on this particular thead, as far as I can tell.

Wow, there is some really crap/crazy investment advice on this thead! Shockingly so!

I would suggest the OP, or anyone else, not use TV for investment advice, but go to forums that specialize in this, where the posters are educated on this subject, etc.

I mean, would you go on a forum about golf, and ask for medical advice? Maybe, by some chance, you will find a doctor on there, who will answer you, but chances are you will get 3000 crap answers before getting a good one.

Good investments require that one educates oneself on this subject, not just jump on any old forum and ask a bunch of strangers, what they think.

Read some books, read some forums, that are dedicated to this subject, educate yourself to a reasonable degree so that you can tell crap advice from reasonable advice, etc. There are some people on TV who would have/could have good advice, but they are not on this particular thead, as far as I can tell.

Au contraire,read post # 52.

RGS2001Uk,

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious or what? But in case you are serious ....remind me please, what property can one buy in central London ...or "Prime" London, for 7 million baht?

Would that be a parking space? And how liquid is it, and what does it pay in terms of an income, etc?

I would put about half in a term account. You can probably get about 4%. There is a good interest rates sticky for this. I saw Standard chartered has a variable interest rates 6 month account that averages out to 3% for the 6 months. It gets 5% in the last month, and you can take out of the account up to 2 times a month. At only 6 months, that is a winner for sure, and your cash wont be tied up. But with 3 million baht up, I am sure you can do better than that. I was just mentioning it.

The other half I would sink into a good mutual fund. I like Aberdeen and Bualuang.

To get 7% you are going to have to take some risks. I would tend to maybe change the above 50/50 ratio to suit whatever I felt the market may be up to. If you are more bearish, put more in the term account and vice versa. It all comes down to taking educated guesses as to where the market is going and assessing your own personal risk tolerance.

Edited by isawasnake

RGS2001Uk,

Sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious or what? But in case you are serious ....remind me please, what property can one buy in central London ...or "Prime" London, for 7 million baht?

Would that be a parking space? And how liquid is it, and what does it pay in terms of an income, etc?

Not being sarcastic at all, who mentioned 7 million baht (apart from the OP)?

I was repyling to this, posted by you.

There are some people on TV who would have/could have good advice, but they are not on this particular thead, as far as I can tell.

I stand by my previous post, read the post #52 made by DJ.

One of my better investments was actually in the university town of St Andrews in Scotland about 13/14 years ago. One of my work colleagues was trying to sell a place for 100k sterling that gave a return of 12% or 1k sterling per month.

I offered him what he wanted, no need for agents or any of that crap, we shook hands and both of us were happy.

That property has long since paid for itself, I only wish I could afford to buy another, last time I looked, similair properties were about 350 k sterling.

How have those Pattaya condos performed in the meantime?

RGS2001Uk,

Not being sarcastic at all, who mentioned 7 million baht (apart from the OP)?

I was repyling to this, posted by you.

There are some people on TV who would have/could have good advice, but they are not on this particular thead, as far as I can tell.

I stand by my previous post, read the post #52 made by DJ.

One of my better investments was actually in the university town of St Andrews in Scotland about 13/14 years ago. One of my work colleagues was trying to sell a place for 100k sterling that gave a return of 12% or 1k sterling per month.

I offered him what he wanted, no need for agents or any of that crap, we shook hands and both of us were happy.

That property has long since paid for itself, I only wish I could afford to buy another, last time I looked, similair properties were about 350 k sterling.

How have those Pattaya condos performed in the meantime?

Regardless of your story/this post, and pointing out post #52, which apparently has nothing to do with your "good investment" I still stand by what I said ...

I'm happy you made a good investment, 13/14 years ago, but that doesn't constitute good investment advice for now, for this person, with 7 million baht, In fact, it would be hard to know what would be a good investment for that person, without first knowing more about him, his situation in total, etc.

Hello..

My friend sold his property for 7 million BHT.

He now wants to re invest it in such a way he be making 7-10% annual returns

Who has any suggestions?

Greetings,

Flakes

Telexfree 30% per mont

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app