How to invest 7 million BHT ?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My suggestion would be to get the money out of Thailand and into a reputable market ASAP. Settle for a slower, more secure return. If you really feel you have to invest in a market where foreigners (and most Thais) are almost completely unprotected from scammers and fraudsters. The SET offers some potentially high returns. ( A friend, a couple of years ago doubled his 200,000 B investment in 2 years.). Property in some areas may offer a decent return (though I doubt of the order of 7%). don't listen to me too much though, I failed in business here after 7 amazing years!

• Like 1

What a waste of a post. moved to business forum. Like being sent to Siberia.

How do you figure? Lots of good topics/advice on what or what not to do/tips on pitfalls in business that will send you broke in the business forum.

Have you ever read through it?

• Like 1

What a waste of a post. moved to business forum. Like being sent to Siberia.

How do you figure? Lots of good topics/advice on what or what not to do/tips on pitfalls in business that will send you broke in the business forum.

Have you ever read through it?

The financial experts hang out here, not in the general forum. You will get more responses in general, but a bunch will just be troll posts.

I do private mortgages for individuals here in Thailand short term 1-3 years and the return is a safe 12% and maximum 50% LTV and no foreclosure problems. PM for details.

Safe for you you mean....got a work permit for that little gig.

Oh ye of little faith, why don't you PM the man and find out before

making smarty pants remarks?

If you want to sleep sound at night with no worry stick it in a online saving account in oz ie at Anz or Bankwest 4.30% no risk, access to money, safe as houses. Banks in oz are rock solid. The anz and nab saver account will keep renewing the rate every 4 months. Bankwest will not renew beyond 6 months which is stupid.

I do private mortgages for individuals here in Thailand short term 1-3 years and the return is a safe 12% and maximum 50% LTV and no foreclosure problems. PM for details.

I dunno - "Hawaii Bob" sounds trustworthy, and his avatar looks trustworthy... I guess if he lives in Phuket or Pattaya he must be trustworthy!

• Like 1

It is important to spread the funds around to various investments and finding those sort of returns is not easy in safe investments so here are a few ideas

Commerzbank has a 100% Capital Guarantee fund paying a dividend of 1.6% p.a plus participation in any rises in the fund it is invested in, so if the fund loses money at term you get 1.6% pa plus original capital back if it gains 7% original capital plus 8.6% profit, 5 year term I believe without checking

Litigation funding has become a big source of returns since the change in Champerty laws regarding 3rd party funding EasyQrops have one that is 100% Capital Guarantee and 9% pa, funds held in trust and litigation mainly against multi nationals and governments, these are normally 3 year term

Alternatively look for blue chip stocks that pay a good dividend and long term invest for that alone then you can chose to sell when the stock price is good, just use common sense when looking at companies, hopefully coming out of recession transport and shipping companies and big retailers will be a good long term buy, Maersk Tesco etc but check the divi's

As quantitative easing will almost certainly start to be withdrawn next year and interest rates will inevitably rise at some point short US Treasury Bonds, Proshares TBT ticker on Yahoo Finance will be a good bet for strong returns from an all time low they are up 50-60% this year just on talk of Easing being withdrawn so I'd expect good gains over the next few years with very little downside at this time

Just a few ideas feel free to contact me if you want more info on any of those

I dunno - "Hawaii Bob" sounds trustworthy, and his avatar looks trustworthy... I guess if he lives in Phuket or Pattaya he must be trustworthy!

LOL, Pattaya

Been Tourist Police Assistant here for almost 8 years.

Also on Board of the Pattaya City Expat Club, come out on Sunday morning 9:30am at "Tavern by the Sea" Amari Orchid Hotel, stop by and meet me.

• Like 1

Keep your money in a bank account.

Play around with some gold. A business associate of mine bought 3040 g gold when the gold dived below 19,000 Baht/1 Baht a few months back.

18900 x 200 Gold Baht = 3,780.000

He sold at 21,550 per Baht = 4,310.000 and made over 500,000 Baht within 10 days.

When I asked him why he did it, he told me about Marc Faber and he often follows him on the news.