Need Help From Someone Travelling from USA to Thailand Next Week!

Telecom66

I wonder whether he is going out on his own and trying to get the braces over the head of the Dr. due to frustration over a delay or otherwise?

It would be unprofessional to suggest a patient purchase their own medical device. They could get the wrong one and don't have the expertise necessary certainly.

Another looming possibility is that the insurer is jeopardizing your health by insisting on a particular brace which enables them to make more commission.

I would talk with the surgeon and get other options for braces and insist that the insurer covers them due to the unavailability of the primary brace.

Special braces are available for specific problems. Doctors and Insurance Company agree it is the best brace for my ailment, but Thailand and Hong Kong do not carry it in stock. Ordering it directly from DonJoy in the USA by the part number specified by the surgeon, is the fastest resolve. The hospital is bound by contract to order on the local distributor who quoted 6 weeks delivery, However, as a private individual, I can order from USA myself but it must be shipped to an address in the USA only as DonJoy USA is restricted to distribute only in the USA.

The insurer is not making any commission as they reimburse upon sighting receipt.

Please stop concocting theories that are misleading and not true. The facts are the facts.

Regards

Thomas

Hello CharlieH,

I am trying to avoid the international shipping because I am trying to avoid any possibility that it is delayed in customs.

Cheers,

Thomas

I think you mean smuggling it into Thailand without paying duty?

What an arrogant and ignorant response.

You do not know me yet you gallantly cast dispersions about my character?

Please show me where I have said that I want to avoid paying duties and taxes?

I fail to see how your comment benefits this thread in any way.

Does a poster really have to endure an endless tirade of senseless innuendo on this forum just for making a genuine plea for help?

Regards,

Thomas

• Like 1

They will not allow an independent pick, so it MUST be delivered to a US address before anything else.

I'll tell you what; give me the name of the company and I'll sort this out for you to make them "allow an independent pickup".

Just give me the name of the company and I promise to sort this out.

PM will be fine.

Both the hospital and the Insurance company have contacted them directly, and because of their global distributor agreements, they will not allow any international couriers to collect other than UPS, and even then,the delivery address must be within the 48 states of the USA. That is directly from the DonJoy regional manager himself.

Regards,

Thomas

Hello CharlieH,

I am trying to avoid the international shipping because I am trying to avoid any possibility that it is delayed in customs.

Cheers,

Thomas

I think you mean smuggling it into Thailand without paying duty?

What an arrogant and ignorant response.

You do not know me yet you gallantly cast dispersions about my character?

Please show me where I have said that I want to avoid paying duties and taxes?

I fail to see how your comment benefits this thread in any way.

Does a poster really have to endure an endless tirade of senseless innuendo on this forum just for making a genuine plea for help?

Regards,

Thomas

Than FedEx or UPS would do the job for you without problems. We have approx. 2-4 shipments per week. If everything is declared right with the correct invoice and tariff number, there won't be a problem.

Edit to add: a correct customs declaration at the airport without help might be way more difficult than let the shipping company make it. As well it may cause question if the import is for commercial reasons (what company, work permit, etc etc). So I really recommend to let it send.

Edited by h90
  • Like 1

SOLVED

Hello to all,

One generous member has offered to assist and the braces have been ordered and will be delivered direct from the DonJoy warehouse by UPS overnight to his address. It should arrive at !0.30 AM today and he will fly to Thailand early tomorrow morning. He would not take any payment for helping out, but eventually accepted my offer for me to at least pay for his taxi to his accommodation. So I should be up and walking again, albeit in the physio rehab clinic, by Wednesday.

I must say though that the negative innuendo and concocted theories posted in this thread almost made me abandon this thread in disgust. I could not believe the negativity associated with such an honest plea for help. It is amazing how some people intentionally try to sabotage and steer a thread off track. For those who alluded to the avoiding taxes and duties, he will go through the "Items To Declare" section, and I will be paying any identified taxes and duties

To those who offered positive words and possible solutions - I thank you indeed.

Regards,

Thomas

• Like 1

I wonder whether he is going out on his own and trying to get the braces over the head of the Dr. due to frustration over a delay or otherwise?

It would be unprofessional to suggest a patient purchase their own medical device. They could get the wrong one and don't have the expertise necessary certainly.

Another looming possibility is that the insurer is jeopardizing your health by insisting on a particular brace which enables them to make more commission.

I would talk with the surgeon and get other options for braces and insist that the insurer covers them due to the unavailability of the primary brace.

Special braces are available for specific problems. Doctors and Insurance Company agree it is the best brace for my ailment, but Thailand and Hong Kong do not carry it in stock. Ordering it directly from DonJoy in the USA by the part number specified by the surgeon, is the fastest resolve. The hospital is bound by contract to order on the local distributor who quoted 6 weeks delivery, However, as a private individual, I can order from USA myself but it must be shipped to an address in the USA only as DonJoy USA is restricted to distribute only in the USA.

The insurer is not making any commission as they reimburse upon sighting receipt.

Please stop concocting theories that are misleading and not true. The facts are the facts.

Regards

Thomas

Sorry, but as a theatre nurse for many years, I do not understand how a surgeon can specify a particular item that is not available for 6 weeks. That is the height of irresponsibility on his part. At the very least, he should have ordered something that was suitable, even if not perfect, to use while waiting for the US ones to arrive.

Anyway, you seem to have got the problem sorted, though it should NEVER have been up to you to do so.

SOLVED

Hello to all,

One generous member has offered to assist and the braces have been ordered and will be delivered direct from the DonJoy warehouse by UPS overnight to his address. It should arrive at !0.30 AM today and he will fly to Thailand early tomorrow morning. He would not take any payment for helping out, but eventually accepted my offer for me to at least pay for his taxi to his accommodation. So I should be up and walking again, albeit in the physio rehab clinic, by Wednesday.

I must say though that the negative innuendo and concocted theories posted in this thread almost made me abandon this thread in disgust. I could not believe the negativity associated with such an honest plea for help. It is amazing how some people intentionally try to sabotage and steer a thread off track. For those who alluded to the avoiding taxes and duties, he will go through the "Items To Declare" section, and I will be paying any identified taxes and duties

To those who offered positive words and possible solutions - I thank you indeed.

Regards,

Thomas

Nice 'I was right you were wrong' post, complete with yet another reference to 'negativity' (bold no less). Did you fall down the stairs or did the wife push you?