Husband-Noi

telldem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Asked the wife what she thought and she immediately said "no", they have "gik" (boyfriend) but not "samee noi", at least she says has never heard of it being referred to in that way.

I am sure it is a Gik, nothing financial in the same way as a Mia Noi though. A Lady i was seeing one time called me that and her friends had a good laugh because i was older than her boyfriend, which sort of missed the point!

Asked the wife what she thought and she immediately said "no", they have "gik" (boyfriend) but not "samee noi", at least she says has never heard of it being referred to in that way.

My wife said the same. She said Samee or Pua noi are not polite so it would be Gik and she smiling when I said oh so just Gik then. She said yes yes that. Now I am wondering about the smile. Good for the goose good for the gander I guess.

Often wondered why it is accepted that it is OK for Thai men to have a Mia Noi but definately against the rules for Falang to have one. Must be something to do with the ATM thingy. Anyway tongue in cheek IF I had a wife (Mia) mine would be the same as most nieve falang, she's not like the others mine would'nt do that, she only love's etc, cough cough

In the Chiang Mai area, I was told 20 years ago now by adult Thais studying English, the term used is 'shu'(spelling?), pronounced the same as the English word "shoe". No one mentioned or has since mentioned any other term. FWIW.

I'm amazed that you found out. Does anyone else find it unusual that a lady would allow a stranger information that could loose her millions of Baht? I mean all Asian women care about is money right? They gong to tell a Farang they have a young Thai gik? 555

I have had Thai women straight out tell me that the guy they were with was not their husband, just a boy toy for banging. I was shocked by how cavalier they all were....I guess they have houses far away and figure no one will recognize them.

And, no, they weren't joking. And, to my knowledge, none of them were married to foreign guys. I would assume their thai husbands were doing the same, which gives the ladies a lot of free time..............

In the Chiang Mai area, I was told 20 years ago now by adult Thais studying English, the term used is 'shu'(spelling?), pronounced the same as the English word "shoe". No one mentioned or has since mentioned any other term. FWIW.

not pronounced like "shoe" - it's ชู้ (chu - high tone). means husband is cheating on his wife, or wife is cheating on her husband.

I think a gigolo is a male prostitute, different than a male paramour.

Is the question "Are there Thai cougars?" Yes. It is rare but young men are often not that different than young women in wanting to have an easier life (in college or whatever) It is not as obvious though.

Actually, cougars are pretty common in Udon Thani. Many middle aged ladies hook up with younger guys. Some of the young men consider the lady as wealthy. I know more than a few that act like groupies.... One in particular would follow a group of singers/dancers to whatever wedding/event they were scheduled for. They would tip them heavily and get rewarded after the event.

As to why this exists, consider that their husband is supporting at least one "mia noi". The First wife (if she has access to funds) feels free to do the "rounds".

Another place where this happens all too frequently is at those "Ballroom Dancing" clubs. Many of these older ladies are married to well off businessmen but "let it go" when they find an affable dancing partner/relationship.

See this daily...its real.

Most Thai women married to older farang men have serious younger thai or farang bfs, which makes the farang husband in some ways the minor/noi husband i suppose.

Hmmm...

I know a number of Foreigners with younger wives and if any of the wives have Geek, Thai husbands, or sneak around, they do a damn good job of hiding it.

• Like 1

Most Thai women married to older farang men have serious younger thai or farang bfs, which makes the farang husband in some ways the minor/noi husband i suppose.

and where do you derive that more than 50% of Thai women married to older farang have "serious" relationships with younger Thai or farang men? (and no, by definition the younger men would be the "pua noi")

My friend, there are other places in Thailand than the barscenes in pattaya.....and there are actually people living in other places than Pattaya..... Your 50% is nonsense, complete

and utterly nonsense......

Glegolo

I am talking about the Bangkok scene- including expat package couples - I fairly certain the Pattaya scene is worse.

What is the age difference in your marriage?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by ExpatJ

and where do you derive that more than 50% of Thai women married to older farang have "serious" relationships with younger Thai or farang men? (and no, by definition the younger men would be the "pua noi")

Personal experience?

Yes- i am an average (frankly nerdy glasses type) looking bloke but i had two of my friends wives approach me just in the last 4 months- one just for a shag the other wanted a 'secret bf'- both 10-20 yrs younger than their farang husbands.

In the years i have lived in Asia almost every young asia/older farang couple i have met - the younger wife has been playing around behind the husbands back (not with me i should add:) . Im talking about maybe 20 couples i have known well or somewhat well and about 18 of of these the wife had other bf (s).

But honestly, if you are 40-50 years old ++ and you marry a thai girl 10-20 years younger than you, you have to be extremely naive to think she wont be cheating on you i would have thought.

And still I say BS :) While I am sure some do (and maybe an appreciable number of those married to men significantly older than themselves) .. your claim of "most" rings very hollow. Do people cheat? Absolutely! Do most people cheat? I don't know. Do most people cheat and have "serious relationships...." nope. I would assume that the percentage would go up somewhat with a very marked age difference, but not as much as you suggest. I would also assume that the number would go up even more if there were communication barriers. The thing is that often in those cases that increase in percentages would be mitigated somewhat by the risk of losing the security derived from the relationship.

BTW I was in my late 30's when I moved here and am almost 50 now.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Hmmm...

I know a number of Foreigners with younger wives and if any of the wives have Geek, Thai husbands, or sneak around, they do a dam_n good job of hiding it.

Probably as good as foreign husbands do when they cheat on their Thai wife.

Plus they have the homefield advantage.

Personal experience?

Yes- i am an average (frankly nerdy glasses type) looking bloke but i had two of my friends wives approach me just in the last 4 months- one just for a shag the other wanted a 'secret bf'- both 10-20 yrs younger than their farang husbands.

In the years i have lived in Asia almost every young asia/older farang couple i have met - the younger wife has been playing around behind the husbands back (not with me i should add:) . Im talking about maybe 20 couples i have known well or somewhat well and about 18 of of these the wife had other bf (s).

But honestly, if you are 40-50 years old ++ and you marry a thai girl 10-20 years younger than you, you have to be extremely naive to think she wont be cheating on you i would have thought.

And about 18 of of these the wife had other bf(s)? Would any of them had told you so, or taken off with another guy, while you're there? have you ever thought that our wives also have younger relatives, or friends, without having a sexual relationship?

Let's say you'd see a Thai woman, married to a foreigner, meeting her brother for lunch tomorrow, you'd have met about 19 women cheating on their foreign husbands in your next post tomorrow.

I'd have thought that you don't know much about relationships and you might be jealous having a fishermen's wife only.

Please let me know if you call me naive. I'm 53, my wife 11 years younger and she never cheated on me. I call her a woman. Grow up, dude!!!-wai2.gif

• Like 1

Personal experience?

And about 18 of of these the wife had other bf(s)? Would any of them had told you so, or taken off with another guy, while you're there? have you ever thought that our wives also have younger relatives, friends, or colleagues, without having a sexual relationship?

Let's say you'd see a Thai woman, married to a foreigner, meeting her brother for lunch tomorrow, you'd have met about 19 women cheating on their foreign husbands in your next post tomorrow.

I'd have thought that you don't know much about relationships and you might be jealous having a fishermen's wife only.

Please let me know if you call me naive. I'm 53, my wife 11 years younger and she never cheated on me. I call her a woman. Grow up, dude!!!-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

What facts or research makes you conclude that "most" do so? In other words, how do you know?

• Like 1

I'm amazed that you found out. Does anyone else find it unusual that a lady would allow a stranger information that could loose her millions of Baht? I mean all Asian women care about is money right? They gong to tell a Farang they have a young Thai gik? 555

I have had Thai women straight out tell me that the guy they were with was not their husband, just a boy toy for banging. I was shocked by how cavalier they all were....I guess they have houses far away and figure no one will recognize them.

And, no, they weren't joking. And, to my knowledge, none of them were married to foreign guys. I would assume their thai husbands were doing the same, which gives the ladies a lot of free time..............

The lady I wrote about is not concerned at all what others think. She is extremely wealthy, family money plus the honest big money she's made herself from clever, honest and moral business, however money is not her total priority.

All her company staff know the whole situation, she's not concerned what they think and her staff all respect her for both her clever business activity and her character.

She never does anything in the office, in terms of touching or being affectionate to her boys in front of company staff. She treats all her company staff well, she's very approachable and a good listener and she pays well including extra cash when school starts for her company staff with school kids.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Edited by scorecard

Personal experience?

Utter rubbish. Either that or you mix with real <deleted>.

• Like 2

Interesting to see how many of the members here who lives in "Lalaburi".

Mina Noi or Pua Noi, etc is NOT accepted here!

It has been practiced and kept for centuries, but it is not liked, except by the minority with recourses.

The vast majority of married women just hate it and despises the women who are Mia Nois.

Here is the 100 Baht (a Leo or 2 for you on 7/11) question: why do you think they do not like it?

Since the Lalaburi inhabitants don't know this, I will help with the answer.

A mistress/lover can capture the heart of the older one, and might be tempted to abandon the family.

However, A Gik (or Geek) or working girl/boy will normally NOT catch the heart of the older, thus represent a smaller threat to the one sitting home.

For those of you who has lived here a while might remember it was even an issue in the congress some years ago, the female representatives wanted to ban it and make sure the male representatives were not morally corrupt.

Needless to say maybe, but the majority of representatives are men, thus the suggestion fell through.

Interesting to see how many of the members here who lives in "Lalaburi".

Mina Noi or Pua Noi, etc is NOT accepted here!

It has been practiced and kept for centuries, but it is not liked, except by the minority with recourses.

The vast majority of married women just hate it and despises the women who are Mia Nois.

Here is the 100 Baht (a Leo or 2 for you on 7/11) question: why do you think they do not like it?

Since the Lalaburi inhabitants don't know this, I will help with the answer.

A mistress/lover can capture the heart of the older one, and might be tempted to abandon the family.

However, A Gik (or Geek) or working girl/boy will normally NOT catch the heart of the older, thus represent a smaller threat to the one sitting home.

For those of you who has lived here a while might remember it was even an issue in the congress some years ago, the female representatives wanted to ban it and make sure the male representatives were not morally corrupt.

Needless to say maybe, but the majority of representatives are men, thus the suggestion fell through.

Interesting to see how you can have it wrong too gik is not paid for. Anyway of course the woman dont like to share a guy just like most guys would not like their gf to mess around.

I was in an open relation for a while but it worked both ways i liked it. But in the end jealousy came to play and it stopped.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app