Husband-Noi

telldem

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Asked the wife what she thought and she immediately said "no", they have "gik" (boyfriend) but not "samee noi", at least she says has never heard of it being referred to in that way.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

Is the OP thinking of becoming one?

No. The reason I asked is because a drunk 49 year old Thai woman walked into my home and accidently gave my 1 year old daughter a black eye, while trying to pinch her cheeks or who knows what. When I asked my wife who this lady was, she told me she's the lady with 2 husbands.

• Like 1

Asked the wife what she thought and she immediately said "no", they have "gik" (boyfriend) but not "samee noi", at least she says has never heard of it being referred to in that way.

So how about those guys that pimp themselves out in the Thai clubs for women where the girl pays the man?

Surely some of those guys move up and become one woman's favorite and defacto pua noi.

Is the question "Are there Thai cougars?" Yes. It is rare but young men are often not that different than young women in wanting to have an easier life (in college or whatever) It is not as obvious though.

• Like 1

Wow ...not sure its the same thing....or even if they are urban myths....

but have heard more than one story of a Thai women marrying a Farang...staying married for a number of years while the farang sends money home to the family etc....

AND then says ..."I'm leaving you...going back to my Thai husband...." This after the house was built in Thailand and money was saved

• Like 1

Most Thai women married to older farang men have serious younger thai or farang bfs, which makes the farang husband in some ways the minor/noi husband i suppose.

and where do you derive that more than 50% of Thai women married to older farang have "serious" relationships with younger Thai or farang men? (and no, by definition the younger men would be the "pua noi")

Personal experience?

Most Thai women married to older farang men have serious younger thai or farang bfs, which makes the farang husband in some ways the minor/noi husband i suppose.

and where do you derive that more than 50% of Thai women married to older farang have "serious" relationships with younger Thai or farang men? (and no, by definition the younger men would be the "pua noi")
To be honest i have seen this often too especially with older guys and guys who work abroad. Does not mean its limited to farangs i know of a young friend of my wive who has a thai guy double her age. She plays around a lot too but does it carefully as she does not want to loose her source of income.

Once i saw a friend of my wive do a devious trick her (same aged) bf brought her to my home to go with my wive on a tour ( both are fourguides) the wive left with her friend guy looked and left too half our later they came back. Wive told me her friend wanted to spend a weekend with her gik. Last week she married that gik. Did question my wive on the ethics of this but she said she could not refuse her friend.

So i think these kind of things happen al lot, there was a time i was allowed to play around and i had many giks who knew about the wive. Non paid of course so ethics are different here.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Personal experience?

Yes- i am an average (frankly nerdy glasses type) looking bloke but i had two of my friends wives approach me just in the last 4 months- one just for a shag the other wanted a 'secret bf'- both 10-20 yrs younger than their farang husbands.

In the years i have lived in Asia almost every young asia/older farang couple i have met - the younger wife has been playing around behind the husbands back (not with me i should add:) . Im talking about maybe 20 couples i have known well or somewhat well and about 18 of of these the wife had other bf (s).

But honestly, if you are 40-50 years old ++ and you marry a thai girl 10-20 years younger than you, you have to be extremely naive to think she wont be cheating on you i would have thought.

Edited by ExpatJ

Personal experience?

Yes- i am an average (frankly nerdy glasses type) looking bloke but i had two of my friends wives approach me just in the last 4 months- one just for a shag the other wanted a 'secret bf'- both 10-20 yrs younger than their farang husbands.

In the years i have lived in Asia almost every young asia/older farang couple i have met - the younger wife has been playing around behind the husbands back (not with me i should add:) . Im talking about maybe 20 couples i have known well or somewhat well and about 18 of of these the wife had other bf (s).

But honestly, if you are 40-50 years old ++ and you marry a thai girl 10-20 years younger than you, you have to be extremely naive to think she wont be cheating on you i would have thought.

I'm amazed that you found out. Does anyone else find it unusual that a lady would allow a stranger information that could loose her millions of Baht? I mean all Asian women care about is money right? They gong to tell a Farang they have a young Thai gik? 555

To answer your question, yes they do have a word for male 'mia noi' which is 'Bua Noi', this means youger or sometimes older 2nd (Junior) husband, the other word and more popular situation is 'geek' which means bit of the side no attachments. Maybe your description of yourself puts you in this catagory lol.

Also a number of Thai women go to karaoke bars and pay young Thai men for their services even the youger ladies.

Hope this helps you out.

• Like 1

No. The reason I asked is because a drunk 49 year old Thai woman walked into my home and accidently gave my 1 year old daughter a black eye, while trying to pinch her cheeks or who knows what. When I asked my wife who this lady was, she told me she's the lady with 2 husbands.

I wonder who gets what half?

dam_n it, thought this was the tv classified, well if any attractive , rich Thai women looking for a farang to keep safe, feed and play with I am low maintenance, only need a condo and around 150 k per month, pm me

Many years ago, my young female Thai tutor told me her latest young farang boyfriend (around 23/4) had been poached by a wealthy Thai woman who was paying everything for him. She looked at me and said 'Mai dee nah?' 'No!' says I, 'Good for him, shoe other foot and all that' laugh.png

So she got herself an aging wealthy farang to take care of her smile.png

So, yeah, go for it tongue.png

quality! lady with two husbands, that tickled me!!

Personal experience?

And still I say BS :) While I am sure some do (and maybe an appreciable number of those married to men significantly older than themselves) .. your claim of "most" rings very hollow. Do people cheat? Absolutely! Do most people cheat? I don't know. Do most people cheat and have "serious relationships...." nope. I would assume that the percentage would go up somewhat with a very marked age difference, but not as much as you suggest. I would also assume that the number would go up even more if there were communication barriers. The thing is that often in those cases that increase in percentages would be mitigated somewhat by the risk of losing the security derived from the relationship.

BTW I was in my late 30's when I moved here and am almost 50 now.

• Like 2

The female equivalent to a "mia noi" is "mia noi" the male equivalent is a "Toy Boy" or "Bua Noi" or "Shoo" or "pua noi" translated as Little Husband as seen in the picture...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in English, I think of the word "gigolo" - look it up in a dictionary, see if it fits

this term may be the source of the Thai slang term "gig," do you think, with a special Thai twist to the original meaning?

you are probably thinking of another English slang term "boy-toy," not "toy-boy"

"bua-noi" means "small water lily flower," while "phua-noi" (not "pua-noi") means "minor husband"

"shoo" should be spelled "chu" or "jao-chu" and means to cheat on your spouse (marriage infidelity)

now, back to the discussion!

My friend, there are other places in Thailand than the barscenes in pattaya.....and there are actually people living in other places than Pattaya..... Your 50% is nonsense, complete

and utterly nonsense......

Glegolo

• Like 1

So how about those guys that pimp themselves out in the Thai clubs for women where the girl pays the man?

Surely some of those guys move up and become one woman's favorite and defacto pua noi.

Of course they do, you can well imagine that some of the young men who work in these places would aim to get a 'regular' and hope that it will blossom into something more.

Actually there are many of these clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya and Phuket, it's not a new concept, it's been around, in Thailand, for decades.

I'm personally aware of one very successful Thai business woman who has 5 live-in 'boys'. They all live together in luxury in the Soi Aree area.

Some years back I did some management consulting work for the lady, after several months she became quite open in her personal discussions and told me a lot of the details, and not embarrassed in any way to talk about it.

She came from money, she married into money, she knew all along that her fiancée had many gigs and he told her before the marriage he had no intention of giving up his 'lifestyle.

She comes from a rich family who all knew that their father had several girls, her older brothers the same.

It didn't take her long to decide if it's good enough for the goose it's good enough for the gander.

She treats her young men very well (I met all of them, all good looking, all very polite, all go to a mid/upper price universities, all learn English (they all take their turn to travel abroad with the boss). At least one of her boys goes to work with her every day, they take care of her food, shopping etc., and they all sit in in business meetings. The lady concerned is very polite and respectful to her company staff and her personal staff. All the boys have expensive motorcycles and all have priority access to the large fleet of company cars and other vehicles.

House rules are that they must all be at home at 6:30 (from memory) to have dinner together. After dinner the 'lady' decides who will keep her bed warm for the night.

The boys don't clean, they don't wash clothes / cars etc., they all have a wardrobe of good quality clothes, etc. They can take one week off 3 or 4 times a year to go home, etc., no questions asked. They all have a substantial salary. If one of her entourage leaves the remaining boys are responsible to find candidates for the vacant position and the 'lady' and all the remaining boys must give a yes vote to pick the actual replacement.

The lady told me (this is about 12 / 14 years ago) she was aware of many such arrangements in Bangkok.

Is this exclusive to Thailand? Of course not, I'm sure there would be many women all over the world, all countries, who have similar situations.

Edited by scorecard