Asian Universities

ntg187

I was looking into getting a masters in international business or even a second bachelors in international business. I am from the USA and originally studied at MSU. Obviously back home there are the 'ivy league' schools which have a much better prestigious reputation to employers than your state universities or heaven forbid the community colleges. Anyways, I wondering if there is a 'prestige' factor to any university in all of Asia - as in viewed much better by an employer. I love Thailand but maybe Hong Kong would be a better place to seek my degree and make me more marketable to prospective employers. What do you guys think? Is there a difference in degree quality between the top Thai Universities vs other Asian schools that would be noticeable to an employer?

University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and National University of Singapore (NUS) are all good - better than anything in Thailand. However, they are not particularly cheap and both Hong Kong and Singapore are expensive places to live. Some of the South Korean universities are pretty good, cheaper too.

Edited by paully

If MSU means Mahasarakham university in Issan, it will be better for you to do MBA in Singapore to enhance your marketability. Else on return to US, you will have employability issues.

The best is MSU, Management University of Singapore. You are almost certain to get a top paying job in Singapore (>SGD6k) and could be posted back in BKK since you know Thailand. The cost of doing MBA is really high unless you have an excellent GMAT score to get scholarship.

Alternatively, do MBA part time in Malaysia Open universities. There are 3 open universities. Www.wou.edu.my is the best as the courses are based on HK OU which in turn is modelled on UK OU. WOU is run by a lot of www.usm.my academics. Aeu and oum are by UM staff and their English ability is not as good. You only needs to be on campus for exams. Attendance of lectures are optional. Cost of MBA is about 200k bahts. Merit scholarship is available based on past semester performance. All courses are conducted in English. And your course mates are normally corporate executives which bring with them experiences for case studies. English is language of business in Malaysia.

I did M Education in AEU part time.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by SurichTan