Where to chat with english speaking thais?

ricku

Just F.Y.I, I am not looking for online dating services. Just a place where I can talk to english speaking thais online. Males or females, it doesn't really matter.

I want to chat with thai people and I want to do it now! :D Just for fun, and also for the few occasions when I need help with translating texts. (Google translate sucks).

So, where can I find them? :)

Want to have a real conversation, about real topics? Go to the Philippines. They are worlds apart from the Thais.

The only conversation I can gather with my local Thai English teacher is "very hot today". cheesy.gif

Which appears to be the whole point of the Op:

My closes friend of over 15 years is Thai. Through him and independently I have numerous Thai friends who's level of English is excellent, conversations are often topical and interesting, at other times just funny, humorous and simple - it all depends on the situation, company and location.

I also have Thai friends who's English language skills are at a similar level or less than my Thai skills, we tend to keep conversation at a lighter level.

Thus Op: Stick with it, it takes time to make trusting friends anywhere and you won't find people opening up immediately.

These days people are naturally suspicious. When a stranger approaches me for conversation I naturally go on the defensive and think 'what does this person want?'.. Thai's are very much the same as anyone else.. start slowly and considerately. The best introduction anywhere is through friends as trust issues are more readily discarded. Getting that first 'good friend' as a foot in the 'social door' is important, from a true and genuine friendship good things will develop, as in any country.

Want to have a real conversation, about real topics? Go to the Philippines. They are worlds apart from the Thais.

The only conversation I can gather with my local Thai English teacher is "very hot today". cheesy.gif

I met a lot of people from the PI when I was in Bahrain and the Gulf Region. Nice enough people, but I think their English skills are over rated.

As stated, there are plenty of Thais who speak good English, I just met them through other friends, or out shopping etc.

OP asks about Thailand,

and you start about Philippines and English teachers.

And then you lay down on the floor laughing at your own statement.

A bit like talking to someone autistic.

whistling.gif