Thai phone companies 'will be punished' for disconnections

webfact

Phone Companies 'Will Be Punished' For Disconnections
By Khaosod Online

dc.jpg
Mr. Banharn Silpa-archa, a leader of Chart Thai Pattana Party, receiving birthday wishes via phone call from former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, 19 August 2013.

BANGKOK: -- The regulating body of Thai telecommunication business has threatened to penalise mobile phone providers for disconnections that occurred during ′peak time′ of phone usage.

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC) has received many complaints from mobile phone users about such disconnection during the hours of 16.00-21.00, said Col. Settaphong Malisuwan a member of the NBTC.

The NBTC will also add customers′ satisfactory mean optimal score to their technical evaluation system, which will be enforced in the next 8 month, according to Col. Settaphong.

Any service provider who fails to qualify to the new assessment system will face various penalties including formal warning and license cancellation, the colonel added.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5EUXpNamt5TXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-15

• Like 1

Welcome to Thailand, the land of internet failure and telecommunication disconnections,..

Indeed yesterday I have noticed some disconnections temporarily yesterday at 6.20 in BTS when I tried to call my mom, and the "call back failed".... 3G or whatever they call it in Thailand, is considerably slow at peak times,

internet also disconnects randomly "depending on the days" ...

Thailand the hub "where you never know when the internet or telecommunication services disconnect" whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 2

Another in the a long line of ' right thing to say ' but a meaningless, empty threat.

My reasoning is simply that telecomms companies are big institutions with VIPs involved plus, of course, being connected to other powerful people with clout.

In short they are all but untouchable.

• Like 2

During peak time ? how about all the time every time?, 8 out 10 calls I'm making

with my state of the art phone drops, in the center of Bkk, surrounded by dozens

of cell towers,,

It's high time someone will run this gauntlet and put those greedy communications

companies in their places and make them accountable for their service or lack there

of...

• Like 2

"Mr. Banharn Silpa-archa, a leader of Chart Thai Pattana Party, receiving birthday wishes via phone call from former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, 19 August 2013."

A: We want to punish!

B: No, we want amnesty...

A: No, we want to punish...

B: No, we want amnesty...

A: Punish!

B: Amnesty!

A: Punish!

B: Amnesty!

xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.UYGZxW1vLy.webp

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 1

To tag on to Langsuan Man's comment about the SIM Card issue. I travel quite a bit and on three occasions I have returned to Thailand to find my Cell Phone Service disconnected because I was not here to put more money in, althought my balance was always 900 to 1,200 THB at the time they canceled the service. One time is had been canceled long enough they were going to re-sell my CP number. I use True, the old Orange, and have not had a problem with dropped calls, just this SIM Card payment.

Jerry

I tried the 3 main companies ( True, AIS and DTAC ) and all of them constantly disconnect frequently. None of them really offers the service they pretend to sell as half of the time, their service is slower than what you pay for. I have doubts they won't enforce it on a company like AIS as it was Taksin's property. DTAC had a penality of a few millions BAHT a year ago because of their service being down for a day. Even after, they kept crashing most of the time at the difference that they call you a liar if you dare to call them to tell them you don't have the service you pay for. At the end, what I found out is that every single communication company in Thailand is guilty of not delivering the service their customers are paying for.

I haven't noticed the 3G plan call disconnections...

Probably because these days, I use virtually no mobile plan calling minutes. And instead, all of my phone calls using my mobile phone are done using 3G data or home/work wifi via a Skype plan that allows unlimited calling to fixed and mobile numbers in Thailand (and other countries) for about $10 per month.

Perhaps a B50-Baht per disconnect refund might focus the telecom-companies' minds ? whistling.gif

50 Baht per disconnect and my wife would get a payment of 1000B instead a bill every month, would be nicer to give it to the customers as a compensation. It´s unbelieveable how miserable her DTAC is in some areas. My True 3G is a little better, but only two of my 3 true internet connections are stable.......

There is some room for improvement.

Edited by I knew this would happen

This idea should be interesting if they enforce it in Koh Chang, absolute crap customer service there, and frequent problems with phone service and internet. One of my friends had 8 weeks of no Internet, due to cable problems - not one discount or apology.

I tried the 3 main companies ( True, AIS and DTAC ) and all of them constantly disconnect frequently. None of them really offers the service they pretend to sell as half of the time, their service is slower than what you pay for. I have doubts they won't enforce it on a company like AIS as it was Taksin's property. DTAC had a penality of a few millions BAHT a year ago because of their service being down for a day. Even after, they kept crashing most of the time at the difference that they call you a liar if you dare to call them to tell them you don't have the service you pay for. At the end, what I found out is that every single communication company in Thailand is guilty of not delivering the service their customers are paying for.

Are we talking telephone and internet here or just telephone.

If telephone would it cover mine as mine is 8 years old definatly not a smart phone or 3G.

As for the internet I have free 3BBB and an AIS air stick to back it up. Both have there own agenda Fortunately they do not both go on holiday at the same time.

During peak time ? how about all the time every time?, 8 out 10 calls I'm making

with my state of the art phone drops, in the center of Bkk, surrounded by dozens

of cell towers,,

It's high time someone will run this gauntlet and put those greedy communications

companies in their places and make them accountable for their service or lack there

of...

strangely enough tot is the worst offender

And showing a photo of that dinosaur on the OP is supposed to be reassuring?

It is not about the dinosaur or the telephone service. It is about keeping the fugitive criminal in the forefront of Thai attention. Bloody megalomaniac.