Apple Store Thailand

thatguyagain

More nonsense. Is it a new trend that these noobs do want to be heard or is it just to crank up the number of posts? Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card. Any iPad can receive a wifi signal.

Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card.

There are two different iPad options:

1 - Wifi only. You get an internet signal from either a hotspot (either free or paid). That can be from eg a restaurant where you are or you subscribe to a service. No sim card is required.

2 3/4g ( or Edge) AND Wifi ....mostly a signal you get from a subscription service. For wifi see option 1.

You buy either iPad and get the features of that model. The price difference between 1 and 2 is roughly 4000 baht.

For your own wifi package go to either true, date or ais and get a wifi package. They either come with hours or data limit. No sim card needed.

Apple pre-pays the customs duty so no additional charges.

. Sorry I know this is not related but I don't know how to start a new post, do you know if I can pay for WIFI for my IPAD I have nowhere for a SIM card, I know I can use WIFI from other people but I want my own for when I go away. Thanks Fred.

Hi Fred,

When you buy an iPad, you have the choice of using an internal sim card and for it to be wi-fi enabled. It seems you chose NOT to do this on purchase and therefore you cannot. There is a premium to be paid for this choice so I can understand you not taking this option.

Maybe you should check facts before you post. But here is a link to help you, there are many more examples.

http://www.tp-link.com/common/features/en/m5350.html

Im pretty sure an apple warrantee is worldwide, also remember to calculate if you are flying home after 3 months, then you could claim the VAT back at the airport, which i think is about 200 quid, depending on the spec of your purchase.

Is the vat refund issued at any land border crossings?

No, airport only.

Hi . I am just about to buy a apple macbook pro cost here £2399 then i am flying to Thailand for 3 months . would i be better to buy it in Thailand many thanks Martin

You're definitely going to be better off here. I bought a 15" rMBP from the Apple Store here recently. The same model in the UK store is £600 more!

More nonsense. Is it a new trend that these noobs do want to be heard or is it just to crank up the number of posts? Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card. Any iPad can receive a wifi signal.

Wifi has nothing to do with a sim card.

There are two different iPad options:

1 - Wifi only. You get an internet signal from either a hotspot (either free or paid). That can be from eg a restaurant where you are or you subscribe to a service. No sim card is required.

2 3/4g ( or Edge) AND Wifi ....mostly a signal you get from a subscription service. For wifi see option 1.

You buy either iPad and get the features of that model. The price difference between 1 and 2 is roughly 4000 baht.

For your own wifi package go to either true, date or ais and get a wifi package. They either come with hours or data limit. No sim card needed.

Apple pre-pays the customs duty so no additional charges.

. Sorry I know this is not related but I don't know how to start a new post, do you know if I can pay for WIFI for my IPAD I have nowhere for a SIM card, I know I can use WIFI from other people but I want my own for when I go away. Thanks Fred.

Hi Fred,

When you buy an iPad, you have the choice of using an internal sim card and for it to be wi-fi enabled. It seems you chose NOT to do this on purchase and therefore you cannot. There is a premium to be paid for this choice so I can understand you not taking this option.

Maybe you should check facts before you post. But here is a link to help you, there are many more examples.

http://www.tp-link.com/common/features/en/m5350.html

This topic is getting crazier by the moment ... What has to tp-link to do with an iPad? Are you sure you read the question carefully before making silly replies?

Edited by sniffdog