• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

2. 30

Tobbaco

3. 14

Why Does Kamala Harris Disrespect Minorities by Imitating their Accents.?

4. 2

Pickup Truck Driver Falls Asleep, Crashes into 2 Motorcycles, Leaving 1 Dead & 1 Injured

5. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

6. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

7. 1

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

8. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 105

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

10. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

11. 1,007

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

12. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

Big bottle water delivery in Jomtien ... help!

Jingthing

My current service is really letting me down big time. Not answering the phone for DAYS now and not the first time either. I have been using them for years, 50 baht a bottle per big bottle. I get the feeling they are screening out my calls because they don't want to service my area or something like that.

They've got a large deposit on each bottle but I can't even get them to answer their phone so forget about the deposit.

Looking to switch companies.

Are you currently having big bottle water delivery done in JOMTIEN and still happy with the service?

I understand some companies will switch out bottle from other companies, without deposit.

Anyway, if you're happy with current service in Jomtien, please share info about the name of company, cost per big bottle, etc. I prefer a company using the standard clear big bottles (not the lower cost Thai style bottles).

Thanks.

I'm in South Pattaya and use CTK. They supply most, maybe all, such deliveries in our building, so I suppose it will depend on whether or not they also service your area or your building. You might try calling them. Very reliable. I always leave 50 baht out with the bottle each week, but I think the charge is Baht 45. They come the same day each week, not on an as-needed basis. Not sure if you'll get an English speaker when you call. I had a Thai friend call for me the first time and I've never called them since.

I'll PM the phone numbers since I don't think we're allowed to put them in posts. Up to you.

• Like 1

Go to Big C or Tesco and buy a two-element faucet-fitting filter system, about 800 baht.

The drop by Amorn in the basement of Tukcom and buy 2 or 3 water bottles, maybe 300 baht.

Then take it all home, hook it up, refill your own bottles and give a stiff middle finger the piss-poor water vendors.

Edited by NanLaew

I'm in South Pattaya and use CTK. They supply most, maybe all, such deliveries in our building, so I suppose it will depend on whether or not they also service your area or your building. You might try calling them. Very reliable. I always leave 50 baht out with the bottle each week, but I think the charge is Baht 45. They come the same day each week, not on an as-needed basis. Not sure if you'll get an English speaker when you call. I had a Thai friend call for me the first time and I've never called them since.

I'll PM the phone numbers since I don't think we're allowed to put them in posts. Up to you.

I use D-Cool Drinking Water who deliver to the condo in South Pattaya for 40 baht on a refill. Turn in old ones and get full new ones. Clear plastic, not the opaque white ones. Usually come the same day you call and I do 2 refills at a time with the 3rd in the water cooler. I believe they do others at my condo.

Will PM phone number as noted above in case it violates rules.

• Like 1

Go to Big C or Tesco and buy a two-element faucet-fitting filter system, about 800 baht.

The drop by Amorn in the basement of Tukcom and buy 2 or 3 water bottles, maybe 300 baht.

Then take it all home, hook it up, refill your own bottles and give a stiff middle finger the piss-poor water vendors.

My thoughts exactly, but better splash out approximately 2000 baht and get 3 stages - for a system which screws onto your faucet. 5 stages is even better, which includes reverse osmosis, but it needs to be installed, which could be problematic in rental places.

I made this decision because I was thinking, is the delivered big-bottle water any better than what I get through my 3 stage system? Why would I want to buy water worse than what I can produce myself at a fraction of the cost...and of course avoid the delivery hassle/inconvenience.

Sure, I don't know the difference in water quality - I'm just guessing. You can't tell the difference by taste as it all tastes about the same.

I use the 6 liter 7Eleven bottles around the house.

A real benefit is that I now have cheap water for cooking and cleaning vegetables etc. It's really convenient.

My thoughts exactly, but better splash out approximately 2000 baht and get 3 stages - for a system which screws onto your faucet. 5 stages is even better, which includes reverse osmosis, but it needs to be installed, which could be problematic in rental places.

I made this decision because I was thinking, is the delivered big-bottle water any better than what I get through my 3 stage system?

I just get my water out of the machine in my building for 1B/litre. The machine has multiple filtration stages and I've seen people changing the various cartridges quite often.

It seems to me that the main problem with all sorts of filtration systems is the cost/ease of changing the filters. Obviously having your own filters/parts means you have full control over when they are changed, which of course you dont with the other systems. But you also get the full cost of changing them.

Another advantage of getting water out of the machine downstairs, at least in my building, is that the machine water comes directly from the main water pipe as it reaches the building. The tap water in my kitchen (onto which I would fit my own filter system if I had one) comes from a big tank on the roof, and I've seen some hair-raising pictures of the crap in that. I'm guessing that the suppliers of big bottles also dont get their water from big tanks, but that is just a guess of course.

I'm guessing that the suppliers of big bottles also dont get their water from big tanks, but that is just a guess of course.

It's all a big guess. Unless we had somewhere to do an expensive analysis we're all guessing.

I certainly prefer having one attached to my faucet than having to go somewhere to fill up a bottle.

The cost for filter replacement is actually quite low, because I only run the water I need filtered through the filter system - drinking water, vegetable washing water and cooking water, the filters can probably go a long while without replacement. I'm not sure how long yet as I bought it in September, but after 1 month the first sediment filter was only slightly browning up. Of course the length of time you can use the filters will be influenced by how clean your water supply is. I'm lucky that mine is clear.

I made this decision because I was thinking, is the delivered big-bottle water any better than what I get through my 3 stage system? Why would I want to buy water worse than what I can produce myself at a fraction of the cost...and of course avoid the delivery hassle/inconvenience.

Sure, I don't know the difference in water quality - I'm just guessing. You can't tell the difference by taste as it all tastes about the same.

I use the 6 liter 7Eleven bottles around the house.

A real benefit is that I now have cheap water for cooking and cleaning vegetables etc. It's really convenient.

Yes, a 3-stage or 5-stage system would be better but I didn't want to draw out the armchair accountants quoting cost/jug with the higher-end filtration system. It's whatever price you place on your health I guess. As you say, the bonus is never having to use tap water for preparing food either.

I invested in the system when the regular Udon bottled water supplier needed chasing down and my needs went up to 8 large bottles a week as there was two homes and 8 occupants to provide for. Most of the suppliers claim some sort of faux ISO certification but you can never be sure that they even bother. Due to the wide availability of domestic filtration systems, these guys peddling their stuff from a pickup aren't making as much profit as they used to and are going broke. Certainly was the case of my original Udon supplier.

I have used a couple of the 2-stage systems, one on the house in Udon and I bought another one when I was in an apartment in Bangkok during the 2011 flood crisis. That system is now in use in the Pattaya home. If your home doesn't have too much low-grade metal pipework, changing the filters every 6 months should be adequate but it is easy enough to check the filters more often and adjust accordingly. The other bonus if you are a renter is taking the whole lot with you when you move and not worry about change of address notices or finding a new supplier.

This is an excellent reference for filtration systems:

http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/travel/household_water_treatment.html

http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/pdf/drinking/Household_Water_Treatment.pdf

As you can see, the filters that just hook onto your faucet, or don't have RO, don't really protect you. As mentioned above, it all depends on how much you value your health. The cheaper ones won't even filter out a lot of the viruses that are common here in Thailand.

The big bottles I get are RO, UV and ozonation. These are available for your home also, and I've had them before, but here they are 30k Baht and more.

Thanks for the on point suggestions, both here and by PM!

On point meaning, the question was not about filtration.

I am wondering if my current company is just taking a LONG Loy Krathong holiday. Will give them more calls next week. Also I will try calling from another number to test my theory they have screened out my number (the nerve!).

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for the on point suggestions, both here and by PM!

On point meaning, the question was not about filtration.

I am wondering if my current company is just taking a LONG Loy Krathong holiday. Will give them more calls next week. Also I will try calling from another number to test my theory they have screened out my number (the nerve!).

Why? You been stalking them? Making indecent suggestions? Heavy breathing? Talk to me. You can rid yourself of this burden, you know.