Cigarette Smoke In Pattaya - City of Smokers

morrobay

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question to smokers is, how does it feel to be too weak to quit. I smoked non-filters for 20 + years. I certainly know it is not easy to quit. I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

I smoke, I like it! I aint quitting!

On the plus side for you, I wouldn't be seen dead in Pattaya!

I don't, nor would I live in Pattaya. My question was not asked to residents of Pattaya specifically. Any smoker is free to answer.

My question to smokers is, how does it feel to be too weak to quit. I smoked non-filters for 20 + years. I certainly know it is not easy to quit. I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

I don't, nor would I live in Pattaya. My question was not asked to residents of Pattaya specifically. Any smoker is free to answer.

I live in Pattaya...............I love to smoke around here ,but godamn I wanna quit because I know in the end those cigs are gonna kill me !!

And yet, your headline is

"Cigarette Smoke In Pattaya - City of Smokers"

I smoke as already said, you don't smoke anymore, well done, it was your choice to quit for whatever reasons you chose to quit smoking, so give yourself a good old pat on the back, puff your chest out and take great joy in being an ex smoker...

Me personally, I enjoy smoking and have no intention of quitting regardless of what the anti smoking brigade say, regardless of what the goverments of the world say, regardless of what doctors say. It's my choice to smoke and it's legal to do so and I enjoy smoking, I pay plenty of tax/duty on what I smoke so why don't the do gooders of the world leave us smokers alone and stop coming out with crap like the below quote from yourself quoted below....

I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

90% my ar*se, and your talking out of yours it seems, like I said earlier in the thread, ex smokers IMO are the worst of the anti smoking brigade, and it seems that they are also know more than anyone else if your to be believed with your 90%.

If I don't want to quit then why should I feel weak..?, NO I don't feel weak for not quitting because I don't want to quit.

Why can't the do gooders of the world understand that we smokers have a choice so leave us alone a go bang your drums elsewhere...bah.gif

• Like 1

Stuffed if I know why the OP would go to Pattaya if he wants to avoid smokers - I loathe the habit with a passion, but given that this is a city where almost anything goes (for a price), you have to take the good with the bad. If I want to live in a nanny state, I'll park my aging carcass in Canberra and be done with it.

I don't think anyone wants a nanny state. But it would be nice to see the law enforced, which is no smoking inside. Not too much to ask really, considering it is the law.

Smoke away, it is your right to do so, but indoors really should be smoke free, if not for health, for the smell. As it was said above, it would be nice if places would post signs and stick to their guns, allowing or not allowing it. Then we could all go to the right places. That is the easiest solution since the law will never be enforced. Which I might add, at 2000b a pop, would make MUCH more money for the police than 200b no helmet tickets.

The anti smoking brigade are not totally anti smoking, indeed I would encourage the die-hard smokers to continue, so that the planet is quickly rid of them, on condition they smoke in a personal chamber, coffin shaped would be appropriate, and fireproof as so many fires are caused by dopy/drunk smokers..

So smoke away lads, contribute stacks of tax to governments, and don't expect treatment for self inflicted diseases.

Don't forget to defumigate when you exit your chamber, as the stink you trail around makes me sick.

Rucus7... maybe you could tell us how it feels to be a quitter?

Kurt

• Like 1

I smoke as already said, you don't smoke anymore, well done, it was your choice to quit for whatever reasons you chose to quit smoking, so give yourself a good old pat on the back, puff your chest out and take great joy in being an ex smoker...

Me personally, I enjoy smoking and have no intention of quitting regardless of what the anti smoking brigade say, regardless of what the goverments of the world say, regardless of what doctors say. It's my choice to smoke and it's legal to do so and I enjoy smoking, I pay plenty of tax/duty on what I smoke so why don't the do gooders of the world leave us smokers alone and stop coming out with crap like the below quote from yourself quoted below....

I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

90% my ar*se, and your talking out of yours it seems, like I said earlier in the thread, ex smokers IMO are the worst of the anti smoking brigade, and it seems that they are also know more than anyone else if your to be believed with your 90%.

If I don't want to quit then why should I feel weak..?, NO I don't feel weak for not quitting because I don't want to quit.

Why can't the do gooders of the world understand that we smokers have a choice so leave us alone a go bang your drums elsewhere...bah.gif

Do gooders ?? . Let me give you a clue Lew : It aint your health we are worried about.

All the people complaining, including the OP, should move to California where you cannot smoke in your own townhouse or condo!

I am in Thailand because I am free to do as I please...those of you who do not like it should head home.wai2.gif

• Like 1

All the people complaining, including the OP, should move to California where you cannot smoke in your own townhouse or condo!

I am in Thailand because I am free to do as I please...those of you who do not like it should head home.wai2.gif

Your freedom to smoke stops where the non smokers health starts Bud

who or what is stopping his "freedom"?

• Like 1

who or what is stopping his "freedom"?

Try smoking on a baht bus with me and find out. The smoker does not have the freedom. period. You should stay in the economics dept. , because your not making too much sense here.

• Like 1

Beats me why in this day and age of political correctness it's OK in the western world to allienate 25 to 30 % of the population.

And what is even more astonishing is that many western countries are considering to legalize soft drugs while in the meantime making smoking tobacco more and more difficult.

Oh and BTW smoking is not the number 1 killer in the western world anymore (if it ever was), it's obesity.

The world is becomming smaller and smaller indeed but for smokers soon there will be nowhere left.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 2

The anti smoking brigade are not totally anti smoking, indeed I would encourage the die-hard smokers to continue, so that the planet is quickly rid of them, on condition they smoke in a personal chamber, coffin shaped would be appropriate, and fireproof as so many fires are caused by dopy/drunk smokers..

So smoke away lads, contribute stacks of tax to governments, and don't expect treatment for self inflicted diseases.

Don't forget to defumigate when you exit your chamber, as the stink you trail around makes me sick.

At least the smoking goes a little way to mask the smell of your poo filled pants.

I am in Thailand because I am free to do as I please...those of you who do not like it should head home.wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Like I said move to California you will love it there!

Sitting in the back of baht bus is just as unhealthy.

I love the way we can just ignore those no smoking signs especially after asking if we can light up in the no smoking areawhistling.gif

Beats me why in this day and age of political correctness it's OK in the western world to allienate 25 to 30 % of the population.

And what is even more astonishing is that many western countries are considering to legalize soft drugs while in the meantime making smoking tobacco more and more difficult.

Oh and BTW smoking is not the number 1 killer in the western world anymore (if it ever was), it's obesity.

The world is becomming smaller and smaller indeed but for smokers soon there will be nowhere left.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

It is rather strange that modern ''quick'' super market foods can and do contain cancer causing chemicals to flavour or extend shelf life. Contain tons of sugar and salt for the flavour ''intoxication'', seems noooooooooo problem with that in the eyes that control us...............sad.png

• Like 2

And yet, your headline is

"Cigarette Smoke In Pattaya - City of Smokers"

Not my headline,or my post. You might find reading some things in their entirety less embarrassing . I do have admit I get a kick out of a 40 year old smoker huffing and puffing his way up 3 or 4 flights of BTS stairs. It is times like those I question all the love the smokers on this tread profess their love of tobacco, do you enjoy the tightness in you chest when playing with your kids. Or greatly enhanced chance of lung cancer or heart disease? But it is not an addiction, you enjoy the relaxation cigarette smoking gives you. Nothing like having a cigarette after good meal or sex or before you brush your teeth in the morning. For me it was the shear enjoyment of having a smoke at 2AM because I happened to wake up. Then another before my feet hit the floor in the morning. Was I having the cigarette? or was it having me? And I stick by my statement that 90% of smokers want to quit.

• Like 1

@ Rucus the ex smoker, preacher to the dirty...

And I stick by my post that your talking rubbish, but feel free to stick to your 90%, though I do say stick it up your butt, off to light one up now, just been to the gym and been for a swim and got the grandchild for a while, not suffering from any of your above mentioned ailments, way over 40 yrs old as well and feeling quite good, who knows in years to come what I'll feel like but I'm not worried about it.. I even enjoyed the sex last night and even had a cigarette before and after, washed down with a triple Jack D and coke..
It seems like the ex smokers want to preach to us their great escape from the dirty disgusting habit, like I said , "worse than born again Christians"...IMO of course..blink.png

In answer to post #80,

And I stick by my statement that 90% of smokers want to quit.

Lets indulge you and use your stats shall we?

I would wager 90% of the people who come to Pattaya aint coming for the temples and floating market, so they are probably coming for something else, what do you think it is?

I will give you a clue, it aint for a no smoke enviorment.

Do you live here?

If so how many years have you lived here?

Or are you just another 2 week millionaire blow in from some PC place like Singapore or Kalifornia?

Next holiday head to some PC nanny state live in your smoke free enviorment, please make sure to post back and let us know how much pussy you got and how much it cost.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yermanee wai.gif

Does not the same argument apply to 70 to 75% of the population? Failed arithmetic 101?

Pisses me off the way diehard smokers, skin like leather, can sit down amongst a bunch of non smokers, then light up & chain smoke, oblivious to families around them departing from what should have been an enjoyable evening, unable to take the stink.

Edited by DekDaeng

As Pattaya is catering more to leisure tourists with families compared to sexpats, they would probably do better to enforce the smoking laws. Anyway sounds like they are 20 to 30 years behind the civilized world on this issue, so maybe I'll check back in 10 or 20 years and consider going there. It sounds like fun but I've really gotten used to smoke-free air indoors, don't think I could go back.

Other thing I got from this thread, the level of denial some smokers live in is pretty amazing.

I certainly know it is not easy to quit. I also know that about 90% of smokers secretly admit to not enjoying smoking or the addiction it manifests.

How do you know what people secretly admit?

Where does the 90 percent number come from, please?

• Like 1