Bus accident injures over 20 Russian tourists

Lite Beer

The original report is confusing.

The bus picked up passengers at a hotel in Pattaya to take them south to Koh Samet in Rayong province.

Why then, did they end all the way up in Chonburi province at Khanam Rai intersection, Phanat Nikom and have to go to Phanat Nikom Hospital, north of Pattaya.

Or did I misinterpret the story?

I saw this crash on the way home today. Just the clean up at about 15:30.

It really is the best (fastest way) rout to take (hwy 7 to hwy 36) unless of course you enjoy sitting at traffic lights on Suk. I take the same rout from Patts to my home 30 km SE of Rayong City .

You are obviously far more familiar with the area than I. My curiosity was piqued when I read about a southbound bus from Pattaya heading for Ban Phe /Rayong, being involved in an incident and injured going to Phanat Nikhom which is to the north. Is there something wrong with this picture? just curious.

You are correct RC. There would be something wrong with that picture. I believe it was a typo/reporting error. Reporter should have stated Nikhom Phatthana. I have to admit. I was thinking this is correct until I looked at the map and got the correct spelling.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Many, many variables and possible blames. Rain, slippery roads, high speed, yaba, booze, faulty brakes, unqualified driver, sleepy, distracted by mobile, no traffic enforcement and Somchai, always the lowest common denominator. Take your pick.

• Like 2

It was the roads fault,officer,I was not driving too fast for the conditions.

Its job trying to decide which is the safest way to travel in Thailand,Air,

Rail,Boat,or Road,I suppose walking maybe best,

regards Worgeordie

I think actually traveling by BTS or MRT would be the safest, but you will be very limited where you can go :)

Used to live near the BTS line, and hardly ever went anywhere that is not close to a BTS station.

Walking is not that safe, since often the sidewalks are blocked or simply missing, and you have to walk on the road. Used to

walk to the BTS, and every time gave thanks that no driver hit me.