under age boy departure letter

black fox

im taking my 10 yr old son to england for one month next yr and need written ermission from my estranged wife, she has no problem with him going but i need proof for departure immigration at the airport, im not sure where she needs to go whether its the amphur office ,jomptien immigration or a lawyer, if anybody has already been through this process and can advise me i would be very obliged to them. ps my son haS a british passport already thanks in advance.

my son also has my surname but ive been told that mothers have jurisdiction over sons and fathers over daughters, i just dont want any problems or delays at the airport ie missing flight, anyway thanks for your reply.

Not to sure about that's true about juristriction, never heard of anybody needing to show permission either

Custody is assigned by the divorce procedure. At least that's how it was in my case. Since my kids where very young when we separated, the ex got official custody.

My two daughters have been on numerous trips with me and my new g/f without any issue. They have dual passports, and have my last name.

Nobody ever asked me if I have custody or not ...

But I suspect, having a letter from the ex won't hurt. If you can't find any guidelines, just free-write the obvious ...

"To whom it may concern,

I <ex name>, give permission to Mr <your name>, to take our son <name> on Vacation to England.

<signed>"

May be add a photo of her ID card, on the same paper and sign under neath that as well.

Good Luck,

luudee

Custody is assigned by the divorce procedure. At least that's how it was in my case. Since my kids where very young when we separated, the ex got official custody.

My two daughters have been on numerous trips with me and my new g/f without any issue. They have dual passports, and have my last name.

But I suspect, having a letter from the ex won't hurt. If you can't find any guidelines, just free-write the obvious ...

"To whom it may concern,

I <ex name>, give permission to Mr <your name>, to take our son <name> on Vacation to England.

<signed>"

May be add a photo of her ID card, on the same paper and sign under neath that as well.

Good Luck,

luudee

^^ second that, specially the idea of having her ID on the paper. I would add birthdays and passport / ID numbers to the letter (for all three persons), then it looks even more official. Had to do that even within Europe for travelling with my sons (prior to Schengen). Optimum would be to even have her signature notarized.

"To whom it may concern,

<signed>"

Good Luck,

luudee

^^ second that, specially the idea of having her ID on the paper. I would add birthdays and passport / ID numbers to the letter (for all three persons), then it looks even more official. Had to do that even within Europe for travelling with my sons (prior to Schengen). Optimum would be to even have her signature notarized.

Make sure it's in Thai and translated into english, and don't show it unless asked for it as you don't need to give them food for thought.