Water pipe size

Like RKASA we have 1" from the pump (in two directions), 3/4" to the upper floor bathrooms then 1/2" fittings (the standard size).

Downstairs bath and kitchen are on 1/2" branches from the 1".

How many bathrooms do you have JaiLai?

If your pump is 1 1/2" (a fairly big domestic pump) you should run 1 1/2" pipe to and from it at least at ground level.

I have a 1in line from pump and 3/4 branch to parts of the house. The risers to each sink etc are 1/2. by default fittings i.e. valves are 3/8 so this means the pressure stays up in the shower when the toilet gets flushed.

When I drew this out for my builder he said OK but your going to use lots more water - - ahh ya OK I can handle that. They also wanted to use t connection in the drain line which I stopped - it took me hours to make them understand that two 45's make a 90 and you can't snake a t connecter under a slab foundation, better plan ahead with some sweeps and 45's. You may want to keep a close eye on that pumping work.

Thanks for the info / advice.

Like RKASA we have 1" from the pump (in two directions), 3/4" to the upper floor bathrooms then 1/2" fittings (the standard size).

Downstairs bath and kitchen are on 1/2" branches from the 1".

How many bathrooms do you have JaiLai?

If your pump is 1 1/2" (a fairly big domestic pump) you should run 1 1/2" pipe to and from it at least at ground level.

Only 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

What about drain lines from toilets ( x 2 ) 2" pipe?

Shower and sink drains 2" pipe?

I have a 1in line from pump and 3/4 branch to parts of the house. The risers to each sink etc are 1/2. by default fittings i.e. valves are 3/8 so this means the pressure stays up in the shower when the toilet gets flushed.

When I drew this out for my builder he said OK but your going to use lots more water - - ahh ya OK I can handle that. They also wanted to use t connection in the drain line which I stopped - it took me hours to make them understand that two 45's make a 90 and you can't snake a t connecter under a slab foundation, better plan ahead with some sweeps and 45's. You may want to keep a close eye on that pumping work.

When I drew this out for my builder he said OK but your going to use lots more water -

Makes me think of that joke where a bus got stuck under a bridge because it was too high, and someone suggested to deflate the tires which initiated the reply, you realise the problem is at the top and not below the bus yeah. laugh.png