using a Nexus 4 in Thailand in English and Thai , any problems ?

BKKdreaming

Is anyone using a Nexus 4 in Thailand ?

I was thinking of getting a Nexus 4 to bring with me next month and then leaving it as a Christmas gift,

So are there any problems with them as far as using True 3G or is .one of the other phone companies better

and is there any problem getting it to work with Thai language , is that just a download for Android or ????

And I guess the next question is will a Nexus 4 be considered "cool" compared to an iPhone 4 - 4S

thanks for the info

You can buy one here for 12,900; official/localized LG version with local warranty.

The GNEX 4 supports all GSM and 3G bands here so no issues working with any/all mobile service providers. 850/2100 MHz are the required 3G frequencies now.

My GNex 4 (purchased form the Play Store in the U.S.) has the Thai language option in Settings, Language & input, Language. Thai characters are displayed and you can use the DroidSans Thai Keyboard, or one of several others, all available for download from the Play Store.

Larger screen Android phones from Samsung are probably cool these days? The GNex 4, and newer 5, run stock Android, and LG doesn't really promote them here so awareness is probably close to zero.

If giving a phone as a gift which you hope will be used,appreciated and remain un-sold, it may be better to find out exactly what the giftee wants, and then wrap that instead of trying to pass off something you might appreciate.

He wrote "If giving a phone as a gift which you hope will be used,appreciated and remain un-sold, it may be better to find out exactly what the giftee wants, and then wrap that instead of trying to pass off something you might appreciate.

yeah I think the plan is bring one anyway, use it and then if I get the squeeze that she wants it ....well .......there are lots more .....

I just got it a couple days ago and I like it a lot because of the bigger screen ,

I also have an HTC one V and so far hate it , maybe its just the one I have but the wifi gets one bar and everything I tried to download from Play store said it was not available for this model ! its pretty much the same size as an iPhone , the NEXUS 4 is much larger when put side by side

first android phones that I have had !

OK, I was misled by your statement in your OP...

"I was thinking of getting a Nexus 4"

to mean that you had not yet purchased this phone.

But then you say...

"I just got it a couple days ago"

so now understand that the "gift" has already been purchased.

OK, I was misled by your statement in your OP...

"I was thinking of getting a Nexus 4"

to mean that you had not yet purchased this phone.

But then you say...

"I just got it a couple days ago"

so now understand that the "gift" has already been purchased.

Well its a gift if I bring it with me :) , but I really bought it for myself ,

but if its not "Cool" then it will not get used , and she already has an iPhone

if she really wanted it , no big deal , it was $120 used , with the Nexus 5 out now there are a lot of used ones for sale on Craigslist here so I can replace it,

I would like to put the Thai stuff on it so I can use Google translate if I need too when around BKK , Plus I see they how have written Thai script that can also be translated , that could be fun :)

Does Google "Siri" work in Thai ?

• 2 weeks later...

The Ringke Fusion is nice. Sadly the Nexus brand is only sold as OEM prices in SE Asia (except in HK, and even there they're a bit steep) which puts the prices on a par with the likes of the SGS4 and LG G2, or at least certainly when they are a few months old. Kind of takes the edge off them when paying those kind of prices IMO. The N4 still goes for around 12,500 THB. If the prices were the same as Google Play Store (which even India has) I'd likely give one a spin. All that said, I might get a buddy to grab me a N5 from HK next month. Personally I like the N4 looks more, it's just that glass back that puts me off.

The Ringke Fusion is nice. Sadly the Nexus brand is only sold as OEM prices in SE Asia (except in HK, and even there they're a bit steep) which puts the prices on a par with the likes of the SGS4 and LG G2, or at least certainly when they are a few months old. Kind of takes the edge off them when paying those kind of prices IMO. The N4 still goes for around 12,500 THB. If the prices were the same as Google Play Store (which even India has) I'd likely give one a spin. All that said, I might get a buddy to grab me a N5 from HK next month. Personally I like the N4 looks more, it's just that glass back that puts me off.

I have both the N4 and N5. They were purchased on the US Playstore and forwarded here. The screen quality, battery life, and speed are all vastly improved on the N5. I would give the N4 a miss. My N4 has cracked glass on the back. Forgot it was in my back pocket (in a case), and sat down. Very fragile.

The price of the nexus 4 has come down a lot since the new nexus 5 came out I bought one for my wife at this shop in MBK for 9500 baht it has just gone up to 9800 but it was 9200 baht for one day don't ask me why it goes up and down. http://www.mirakar.com/compare.php?IDPro=14878&id_cate=1

regards

Scotsman