Suthep declares Nov 24 demise of Thaksin Regime

webfact

Suthep is no longer a member of parliament so for him to be the PM would involve another election, so, I doubt that is the mission. My view is that he is at odds with the DP leadership and has played his cards in a high stakes game whereby he is trying to position himself as a potential leader. I actually think the DP leadership has given him encouragement and is the sacrificial lamb. Either way he is fast digging a very deep hole.

Suthep has become to the elites/dems/yellows what SaeDeang became to Thaksin and his team red. I'm wondering if he will be dealt with in a similar way now that he has outlived his usefulness and is an embarrassment?

Suthep poses with the gun, Suthep says he bombs his enemies, Suthep trains paramilitary?

Yes/No?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new dictator Suthep T. Declares !!!! For god sake if you Suthep T. Still have something in the brain , let the Thai people's make decision throughout a new election who will political run the country !! That's Democraty !! What you and your sa called Democratic party together PAD and some other untouched groups is totally incene.

I think the big problem is the vote buying. People who aren't interested in politics sell their vote. Without vote buying, they would simply stay at home.

On the other hand, look at the so called civilized world, Bush, Obama, Blair, Berlusconi, Hollande, etc etc (and half of them attend some secret meetings), we aren't any better electing these.

Edited by Sheryl
quote removed as that post has been deleted by Mods

Isn't Suthep just awful!

He's so awful that Tarit has threatened to sue him for inciting his supporters to blow whistles at DSI personnel. (Bangkok Post latest)

So Tarit has told his staff to take photos of the whistle blowers so they can be reported to the police as whistle blowing attackers. I'm not making this up.

Tarit hasn't yet decided to use his handbag against them and change the DSI to Dopey Suthep investigators.

I think the big problem is the vote buying. People who aren't interested in politics sell their vote. Without vote buying, they would simply stay at home.

On the other hand, look at the so called civilized world, Bush, Obama, Blair, Berlusconi, Hollande, etc etc (and half of them attend some secret meetings), we aren't any better electing these.

I deal with the vote buying issue first. My experience is that all candidates practice this. It also my experience that the people will take the money regardless of the candidate.

A more complex situation is the one where all those migrant workers have to return home to actually vote. Voters from all over Thailand have to take time off from work, incur the travelling expense and vote where their address is registered on the ID card. People should be voting in constituencies where they live and work, perhaps this would give a better balance to vote counts come election time, certainly it would lead to better consideration of the issues confronting electorates that included large numbers of migrant workers. As guests in this country we are all aware of the bureaucratic niceties required by the authorities, it is no different for Thais when changing address. I don't have any numbers, but how many residents of Bangkok are actually registered to vote in Bangkok elections. If all who were resident were able to vote in Bangkok, then perhaps the results would be more representative.

Edited by Sheryl
A quote removed as Mods have deleted that post
  • Like 1

A post containing a derogatory slur has been deleted along with posts that responded to it. In the case of posts that responded to it only in part, just the quote was removed.

Everyone please take a deep breath and count to 10. And remember the Forum rules.

The new dictator Suthep T. Declares !!!! For god sake if you Suthep T. Still have something in the brain , let the Thai people's make decision throughout a new election who will political run the country !! That's Democraty !! What you and your sa called Democratic party together PAD and some other untouched groups is totally incene.

Democracy is to choose the most qualified person to rule the country.

Not the one with the most vote, because poor and mentally challenged rural people in Isan usually vote for criminal, rather than voting for the most qualified ruler.

I deal with the vote buying issue first. My experience is that all candidates practice this. It also my experience that the people will take the money regardless of the candidate.

A more complex situation is the one where all those migrant workers have to return home to actually vote. Voters from all over Thailand have to take time off from work, incur the travelling expense and vote where their address is registered on the ID card. People should be voting in constituencies where they live and work, perhaps this would give a better balance to vote counts come election time, certainly it would lead to better consideration of the issues confronting electorates that included large numbers of migrant workers. As guests in this country we are all aware of the bureaucratic niceties required by the authorities, it is no different for Thais when changing address. I don't have any numbers, but how many residents of Bangkok are actually registered to vote in Bangkok elections. If all who were resident were able to vote in Bangkok, then perhaps the results would be more representative.

Partially right.

Your first sentence is absolute BS. No one knows how many candidates buy votes but it is far more prevalent in Issan. The payments are controlled by the local leaders - Kammans - and they make damn sure that the votes got to the 'right' people.

You are right about voters having to travel to vote in the area where they are registered. However it is my understanding that voters can change their registration if they so desire. As against that, with many temporary workers and self employed workers in the city, they may well have to change their registration too often. So basically it is their choice.

Isn't Suthep just awful!

He's so awful that Tarit has threatened to sue him for inciting his supporters to blow whistles at DSI personnel. (Bangkok Post latest)

So Tarit has told his staff to take photos of the whistle blowers so they can be reported to the police as whistle blowing attackers. I'm not making this up.

Tarit hasn't yet decided to use his handbag against them and change the DSI to Dopey Suthep investigators.

Yes I would think it is news from Notthenation....but no it is real....Whistle blowing is criminal now.

No unfortunately there are 3 problems:

Some people still think that it is kind to give them money.

some times they try to check

some strange constructions, like people are allowed to buy in the red shop on credit. if PTP wins they don't need to pay

Migrant workers can register to vote in a different place (or maybe they need to register the place they stay??). You see on the elections that PTP organize buses in the industrial estates, hand out the money, bring them to the ballot box and back. Perfectly organized in Rayong.

My solution would, for proofed vote buying, both the buyer and the seller are banned from politics and voting for lifetime + a hefty fee (10x the amount given or received) + jail term for the vote buyer.

people who can proof vote buying get half of the penalty paid from the country. (I guess soon some red shirt sub leader get the idea of getting rich by recording everything.....)

Democracy is to choose the most qualified person to rule the country.

Not the one with the most vote, because poor and mentally challenged rural people in Isan usually vote for criminal, rather than voting for the most qualified ruler.

Partially right.

Your first sentence is absolute BS. No one knows how many candidates buy votes but it is far more prevalent in Issan. The payments are controlled by the local leaders - Kammans - and they make dam_n sure that the votes got to the 'right' people.

You are right about voters having to travel to vote in the area where they are registered. However it is my understanding that voters can change their registration if they so desire. As against that, with many temporary workers and self employed workers in the city, they may well have to change their registration too often. So basically it is their choice.

vote buying is now almost everywhere. There is book about a study how the PTP (or TRT, or PPP) did it in the south and how the democrats responded to it.....