Cruse Controll

Ace of Pop

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i shall have to Post about Macro.,cold in Blighty and the Mrs,see you outside Big C Friday, Bla Bla Bla, roads a bit bumpy round Nakasawan..cheesy.gif .

See what I mean about childish post's.

I'm going to leave the plonkers to the peep's that stay on TV. A big thank you for the peep's that have put in good information have learnt a lot, bye TV just about had enough.

• Like 1

Yes i shall have to Post about Macro.,cold in Blighty and the Mrs,see you outside Big C Friday, Bla Bla Bla, roads a bit bumpy round Nakasawan..cheesy.gif .

See what I mean about childish post's.

I'm going to leave the plonkers to the peep's that stay on TV. A big thank you for the peep's that have put in good information have learnt a lot, bye TV just about had enough.

Are you bored or something laugh.pnglaugh.png if that's what CC does to you in making you make insulting remarks then you can keep it.

I like to say more but I guess I would get a holiday for sure but I'm thinking it would be worth it in your case. bah.gif

Point being that one can fit an Aftermarket C.C. for about 150 GDP. Factory charges tooooooooooooooo much, A GPS Garmin Type is value compared to the overpriced tings in our rides.. Dont know if i can park today without Park Assist , Rea View Camera, and Dash Cams to record the Bump. .biggrin.png .

Reverse camera and proximity sensors are a must on my Ranger, without either what ever is behind is 100% blind when I select reverse....... I choose modern day gizmo's over killing my neighbours children.

Nice that you dont care and prefer to be "oldschool", speaks volumes.

Point being that one can fit an Aftermarket C.C. for about 150 GDP. Factory charges tooooooooooooooo much, A GPS Garmin Type is value compared to the overpriced tings in our rides.. Dont know if i can park today without Park Assist , Rea View Camera, and Dash Cams to record the Bump. .biggrin.png .

Reverse camera and proximity sensors are a must on my Ranger, without either what ever is behind is 100% blind when I select reverse....... I choose modern day gizmo's over killing my neighbours children.

That's because you chose to purchase a vehicle which is dangerous to park in a communal environment. A standard sedan doesn't need the added imperimenta to park safely. Assuming the driver pays attention, of course.

Jerry

• Like 1

That's because you chose to purchase a vehicle which is dangerous to park in a communal environment. A standard sedan doesn't need the added imperimenta to park safely. Assuming the driver pays attention, of course.

Jerry

It's the standard saloon (you call it 'sedan') that's dangerous in Thailand. The low slung monocoque body shell is little protection against trucks and coaches compared with the chassis built, high riding pickups and SUVs. It;s suspension isn't up to the hammering it takes from poor;y built and poorly maintained roads.

That apart, this thread is about cruise control. It's as useful in saloon cars as it is in other vehicles. The more additional driving aids I can get the better.

My Irish Mate on Reversing Gadgets. This in No Joke.. Well the Beepers went off,the Camera Ting was misty so i just reversed over dis Scooter.. Our Lady Fuel Driver, can reverse a Toyo loaded with Oil Drums into Gaps id never try, some good drivers manage nicely without Gadgets. Recon the Gadget Fans had Outrigers on their Cycles. Ill remain Old School thanks. As for Tough Trucks some folks bugger up an Abrams Tank and blame the Manufacturer.

Jerry

It's the standard saloon (you call it 'sedan') that's dangerous in Thailand. The low slung monocoque body shell is little protection against trucks and coaches compared with the chassis built, high riding pickups and SUVs. It;s suspension isn't up to the hammering it takes from poor;y built and poorly maintained roads.

That apart, this thread is about cruise control. It's as useful in saloon cars as it is in other vehicles. The more additional driving aids I can get the better.

As far as the thread drifting 'off topic' goes I totally agree. The thread is about cruise control and I agree that there are equal merits and demerits for it, when fitted to any vehicle. The topic isn't about other gizmos which may or may not be fitted nowadays, either.

Risking to drift further 'off topic' I would like to know how you form a relationship between parking and blind-spots with vehicular collision on the open road.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Cornelius

I meant Drifting off Topic i mist admit my English Language Skills Drift a bit too.555!

You mean you cannot drift with Cruse Control well really wouldn't want it now. bah.gif

Why don't anyone make a Let it drift control for us. (LDC). laugh.pngbiggrin.png

Dyslexia affects one's expressive language skills.

Researchers found that people with dyslexia exhibited impaired learning voice-recognition abilities as well that's why no one understands me when I try to speak Thai. laugh.pnglaugh.png

I've always had a Problem in any Language getting through to Spoilt Kids who forget their Roots. Drifting the Old Works Van on Saturday was a Learning Curve.thumbsup.gif

If your language skills in real life are the same as on here Iam surprised you can get through to anyone at all.

• Like 1

Cruise control is a brilliant thing and does indeed improve mpg (kpl)
Those who are always slowing down and speeding up again, every time you accelerate you are using more fuel.

Running on CC makes for a progressive, well planned driver.

Adaptive CC is better as now fitted to many high end cars, but over the next few years I think will become more common place on mid range motors.

I've driven long distance in LOS but never in a motor with CC. I would definitely use it if available.

The problem with a lot of drivers is that they have never been taught how to properly make best use of such features and are too high and mighty to ask.

• Like 2

I have cruise, would not say it is important in Thailand but it is nice to have on Road 7 - Chonburi motorway.

Those signs indicating speed cameras are not a bluff.

they're not??? how long before the tickets come, and how much? could be in trouble here lol

...good to use it on motorways and open roads without much traffic

...no use in hills,or around town etc

smile.png

cruise control is not designed to be used in hills or around town so I agree that it is not much use there

It's designed to maintain a constant speed. So why is it no use on hills?

Around town, it's great if you want to travel at 5km/h.

Jerry

smile.png

cruise control is not designed to be used in hills or around town so I agree that it is not much use there

Jerry

So you were the bloke holding us all up...............w00t.gif

• Like 1

smile.png

Jerry

So you were the bloke holding us all up...............w00t.gif

Yeah, I tuck in behind the ice cream sellers.

If I denied it. Would you believe me?

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Cornelius