When the girls fight. They really do fight.

aussiejon1604

Anyway, it's probably smart of you for stay out of it. So you would do something if it is in your country?

...recalling the recent story of a Thai contract worker stepping into break up a fight somewhere in Canada and got stabbed to death....a sad story indeed, in 2 days he was due to go back to his family in Thailand after working in the "patch" for 2yrs.

Stay out of it...and if in Thailand....I don't even rubber-neck, I tend to split in the other direction,fast.

The majority of the members here agreed not to get involved in someone's fight. I was just wondered how would they feel if the shoe is on the other foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but anybody who likes seeing young girls bashing into each other is in need of help. Bar fights are ugly and

the people who are urging them on or their own satisfaction. Hope somebody calls you out in a bar soon.

Fighting is for mugs and low lifes.

Anyway, it's probably smart of you for stay out of it. So you would do something if it is in your country?

...recalling the recent story of a Thai contract worker stepping into break up a fight somewhere in Canada and got stabbed to death....a sad story indeed, in 2 days he was due to go back to his family in Thailand after working in the "patch" for 2yrs.

Stay out of it...and if in Thailand....I don't even rubber-neck, I tend to split in the other direction,fast.

The majority of the members here agreed not to get involved in someone's fight. I was just wondered how would they feel if the shoe is on the other foot.

There is fighting,something fools do when they are to ignorant to solve their problems in a civilised manner.

Then there is self defence,something one does when the other attacks.

With bar girls I'm guessing one had the chance to walk away at some point but chose to engage either physically or verbally,the latter led to a confrontation.

If two people willingly fought,why should a bystander became involved forcing him to defend himself as the fact is thai people do have a history of taking the side of a thai even when they are wrong.

I helped an old woman in bkk,it exploded into chaos and cost me 15000bht,the police did not ask anyone what happened,they just asked for money,only from me,not from anyone else.

The lady I saved from a beating would not even defend me and tell the police I did nothing wrong other then save her from 3 people beating her.

Everyone just stood there and let me take the fall when I was the only person in the crowded street that helped,no one spoke up.

So when in Thailand,do as the Thais do,nothing.

• Like 1

There is fighting,something fools do when they are to ignorant to solve their problems in a civilised manner.

And on TV you have the option of putting someone on the ignore-list when you are proven wrong.

• Like 1

Sorry but anybody who likes seeing young girls bashing into each other is in need of help. Bar fights are ugly and

the people who are urging them on or their own satisfaction. Hope somebody calls you out in a bar soon.

Christ how does someone soar like an eagle when I am surrounded by turkey's? You obviously haven't seen a following post I made. " I didn't enjoy the fight like a bought a ticket". As for your comment about calling me out of a bar soon? <deleted> is that? I would suggest that maybe you would be happy seeing me punching on whilst you sat back and viewed it which suggests overall your post is a hypocritical statement. What a would be internet commentary <deleted>!

• Like 1

With bar girls I'm guessing one had the chance to walk away at some point but chose to engage either physically or verbally,the latter led to a confrontation.

If two people willingly fought,why should a bystander became involved forcing him to defend himself as the fact is thai people do have a history of taking the side of a thai even when they are wrong.

I helped an old woman in bkk,it exploded into chaos and cost me 15000bht,the police did not ask anyone what happened,they just asked for money,only from me,not from anyone else.

The lady I saved from a beating would not even defend me and tell the police I did nothing wrong other then save her from 3 people beating her.

Everyone just stood there and let me take the fall when I was the only person in the crowded street that helped,no one spoke up.

So when in Thailand,do as the Thais do,nothing.

Who were those 3 ppl beating her?

I am surprised nobody actually stepped in.

Question 1. Are you a tourist or do you actually live in Thailand? Question 2. Are you expecting your foreign expectations to be applicable in Thailand? Question 3. Just because it is managed in the west by calling the Police, have you ever read a news report where a Thai national has been charged with a mere 500 Baht fine for stabbing a farang? (This action in the west would be "Assault with a deadly weapon" bordering on "Attempted Murder" which would carry a jail term.) Question 4. This is Thailand. Does the geographic reality of it's global location conflict with where you are from? Question 5. All things aren't sugar and spice. Can you give me an example that defines Thai Justice?

Edited by aussiejon1604

Why do people here tend to attack people who intervene??

Their blood is up and you have no right to interfere in their business.

You might also annoy those around who up to then were enjoying the spectacle.

(Soi 7 is in decline and needs some entertainment).

Surely there isn't a one size fits all on the fighting front. If I saw 2 thai men fighting I could not be paid to intervene, if I saw 2 thai girls fighting, I would be unlikely to intervene for the reasons given above in other posts. If someone thought it ok to insult/touch my girlfriend inappropriately which upset her I don't care if they were English, Thai or Martian, I would knock them out ! Any guy that doesn't do likewise won't have that girlfriend long !

Ah, the Alpha male. Good luck taking on the village. Here's a Youtube channel you might enjoy as you prepare for your next encounter (not for the office, unless you work with sociopaths).

http://www.youtube.com/user/officialfelonyfight1?feature=watch

You are talking about your ego vs whatever psychological 'trauma' your wife may have suffered as a result of being felt up in the first place. There are grubs who rely on exactly that response to goad you into fighting - women have extricated themselves from grabby nightclub patrons for years, and I would rely on any woman I was with to do exactly that. Totally different if we are confronted on the street and its clearly a survival situation - assault and rape vs the threat of being humiliated in the club.

One of the things you havent factored into your little scenario is the reaction of nightclub security and Police. The assumption that they would take your side is an interesting one, particularly if they believe you could both have simply left the club instead of escalating a confrontation. These are all 'what if' scenarios, and we are both stone cold sober (my assumption) : might be totally different on a given night with a few drinks under our belts, but I would strongly advise you to think long and hard before telling people you are going to 'knock someone out' if they touch 'your' woman, particularly if that someone is Thai. You will recover from a mild bruising of the ego - stab wounds or a glassing, not so much.

Surely there isn't a one size fits all on the fighting front. If I saw 2 thai men fighting I could not be paid to intervene, if I saw 2 thai girls fighting, I would be unlikely to intervene for the reasons given above in other posts. If someone thought it ok to insult/touch my girlfriend inappropriately which upset her I don't care if they were English, Thai or Martian, I would knock them out ! Any guy that doesn't do likewise won't have that girlfriend long !

Ah, the Alpha male. Good luck taking on the village. Here's a Youtube channel you might enjoy as you prepare for your next encounter (not for the office, unless you work with sociopaths).

http://www.youtube.com/user/officialfelonyfight1?feature=watch

Wow you know when you're expecting to see a gruesome youtube video and then er....... nothing!! what was the point of the clip you posted when there are thousands more that I think could have made the point you were trying to make ? All your clip showed is an individual with the defence skills of a 12 year old girl - did I miss something?

There is an entire channel of fights organised under the banner 'Felony Fights' - feel free to mock the 'self defense skills' of the participants, but you should have access to a lot more than a single video from that link.

Question 1. Are you a tourist or do you actually live in Thailand? Question 2. Are you expecting your foreign expectations to be applicable in Thailand? Question 3. Just because it is managed in the west by calling the Police, have you ever read a news report where a Thai national has been charged with a mere 500 Baht fine for stabbing a farang? (This action in the west would be "Assault with a deadly weapon" bordering on "Attempted Murder" which would carry a jail term.) Question 4. This is Thailand. Does the geographic reality of it's global location conflict with where you are from? Question 5. All things aren't sugar and spice. Can you give me an example that defines Thai Justice?

1. Nope, I am a 100% Thai woman, born and raised in Thailand ( Maybe that is my perspective is a little bit different than yours.)

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. What is that have to do with this?

5. Google is your friend, so used it (:

In my village, there was a man beating his wife on the street and a few days later she died. The man is still on the run, no justice for her yet. I was not there at the time when that happened, but If I were there I probably would have done something.

Like I said before I don't blame anyone for not wanting to get involved.

Thank you, Somsrisonphimai. clap2.gif

Inevitably, the board's 'guardians' will accuse you of being neither Thai nor a woman, and inform you that your 'village' is probably Bristol, but I'm happy to see your contribution. For the sake of your sanity, try not to take anything on this board seriously.

How come you did not step in and separate them?

because then ALL parties would have turned on the interfering farang and kicked him half to death if he was lucky ...

He might very well be a hero though.

Thank you, Somsrisonphimai. Posted Image

Inevitably, the board's 'guardians' will accuse you of being neither Thai nor a woman, and inform you that your 'village' is probably Bristol, but I'm happy to see your contribution. For the sake of your sanity, try not to take anything on this board seriously.

Oh no I got thick skin and thank you.

Christ how does someone soar like an eagle when I am surrounded by turkey's? You obviously haven't seen a following post I made. " I didn't enjoy the fight like a bought a ticket". As for your comment about calling me out of a bar soon? <deleted> is that? I would suggest that maybe you would be happy seeing me punching on whilst you sat back and viewed it which suggests overall your post is a hypocritical statement. What a would be internet commentary wanke_r!

<deleted> is this? did I quote you ? reference you ? NO fool, I was talking about girl fights in general and bar fights and the sad people who love to spectate them. Got your wires crossed sex tourist ?

Ah the white knight where art thou wince the people needed thou help to slay the evil TV dragons but thou art appear only wince a member of thy fairer sex thus shows up.

You sir truly live up to thy name the white night sir mrworldwide.

Oh no I got thick skin and thank you.

so have you suddenly and inexplicably received many PMs requesting for get togethers and meet ups after posting here?

Edited by ultimate weapon

Christ how does someone soar like an eagle when I am surrounded by turkey's? You obviously haven't seen a following post I made. " I didn't enjoy the fight like a bought a ticket". As for your comment about calling me out of a bar soon? <deleted> is that? I would suggest that maybe you would be happy seeing me punching on whilst you sat back and viewed it which suggests overall your post is a hypocritical statement. What a would be internet commentary wanke_r!

<deleted> is this? did I quote you ? reference you ? NO fool, I was talking about girl fights in general and bar fights and the sad people who love to spectate them. Got your wires crossed sex tourist ?

Sex tourist? Unfortunately not. Married to a Thai and have been living here for some time so that comment is null and void. Get off your soap box mate. You don't like seeing fights but "You hope somebody calls you out in a bar soon" That's hypocrisy. On one hand you don't want too see a fight but on the other you wish a fight upon somebody regardless if your just generalising. That's unfathomable and anyone with a little bit of intelligence will immediately recognise the contradiction.

If i fight someone then i deserve a foot on my head. Had it several times.

Being the victim of an attack is not the same

Edited by Water Buffalo

I have taught self defence for years,avoidance is the first thing taught.

Obviously what is taught to military and police is different but I encourage avoidance,often when you help they both turn on you.

We study numerous scenarios and videos of real events,with 34 years of training I will avoid a situation at all costs.

As for being a hero,family and self first,I was once in a mountain in Canada and became lost for a short time with a friend,we came across an old Chinese couple who were also lost and we found our way back together.

If a bear had come I already told my friend I'm throwing the Chinese man at it,and I meant it,why put yourself in a situation,they explode quicker then you can imagine.

As for knives,the victims rarely see them until after they are in you.

• Like 1

kangawallafox (!), I think you'll find that sane approach wont go down well with the 'hard men' on this board. Apparently we are all 6'7" tall and 250lbs of rippling muscle, spent several years learning Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (in the Legion, of course) before beginning our MMA careers. We now spend our days working out in the same gym as Tim 'The Shark' and our nights threatening tourists with bodily harm - it's a full life.

I have taught self defence for years,avoidance is the first thing taught.

Obviously what is taught to military and police is different but I encourage avoidance,often when you help they both turn on you.

We study numerous scenarios and videos of real events,with 34 years of training I will avoid a situation at all costs.

As for being a hero,family and self first,I was once in a mountain in Canada and became lost for a short time with a friend,we came across an old Chinese couple who were also lost and we found our way back together.

If a bear had come I already told my friend I'm throwing the Chinese man at it,and I meant it,why put yourself in a situation,they explode quicker then you can imagine.

As for knives,the victims rarely see them until after they are in you.

What about the chinese woman? Would you do the same if the old couple well happened to be "white"?

kangawallafox (!), I think you'll find that sane approach wont go down well with the 'hard men' on this board. Apparently we are all 6'7" tall and 250lbs of rippling muscle, spent several years learning Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (in the Legion, of course) before beginning our MMA careers. We now spend our days working out in the same gym as Tim 'The Shark' and our nights threatening tourists with bodily harm - it's a full life.

Hey comeon all farang are just automatically assumed to be over 6 ft tall 200 lbs not fat but muscle bound ppl while the thais are all midgets cos you know there aren't small farangs around and no big sized asian/thais.