Alcohol key factor in fatal head-on collision in Phuket

webfact

Alcohol key factor in fatal head-on collision in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Police suspect that alcohol played a critical role in the death of a 27-year-old woman who was in a head-on accident near the Thung Thong Police checkpoint early Saturday morning.

Kamontip Seangkuenun was found dead at the scene – the divided road near the entrance to Soi Bangthong – at about 3:15am.

Ms Kamontip slammed head-on into a tour van that had dropped tourists off in Kamala, said Capt Wattanathorn Bumroongtin of the Thung Thong Police.

“Ms Kamontip was riding with a friend who was on another motorbike. They had been out drinking in Phuket Town and were on their way to visit Ms Kamontip’s sister in Patong,” Capt Wattanathorn said.

The van driver was taken to Thung Thong Police Station for questioning.

“The driver was not charged, as Ms Kamontip was clearly riding on the wrong side of the road,” Capt Wattanathorn said.

“The driver said he saw Ms Kamontip too late to avoid the accident because that section of the road was very dark,” he added.

Ms Kamontip’s friend said she had no idea why Ms Kamontip was riding on the wrong side of the divided road.

“She was riding behind me, and the next thing I saw was the van hitting her,” she sobbed.

Capt Wattanathorn explained that officers had Ms Kamontip’s body taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital to establish her blood-alcohol concentration at the time of her death.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Alcohol-key-factor-in-fatal-head-on-collision-in-Phuket-22821.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-19

Alcohol is a key factor in a lot of road accidents especially at night, always has been

Apparently, the lack of transport here is no problem for locals and expats, and tourists can afford tuk-tuks and taxis - "apparently."

RIP.

Unfortunately, there will be yet another road fatality here in the next day or two, BUT, there is no direct correlation between the lack of transport here and road fatalities and injuries - "apparently."

Alcohol is a key factor in a lot of road accidents especially at night, always has been

Apparently, the lack of transport here is no problem for locals and expats, and tourists can afford tuk-tuks and taxis - "apparently."

RIP.

Unfortunately, there will be yet another road fatality here in the next day or two, BUT, there is no direct correlation between the lack of transport here and road fatalities and injuries - "apparently."

Damned straight. Thanks. Mind if I subpoena you for my next defence witness?

Really Thais make me crazy many times with this plan to visit some-one at daybreak. I have read it many times in police news. I guess the visited person must to be very happy when the drunk team is arrived around 3 - 5 am.

Edited by Loles

RIP.

I reckon the death toll on our roads is basically a daily occurrence but we will never know as the authorities, in their infinite wisdom, feel it best not to post statistics anymore. Always heard stories before they only reported road accident deaths from the government hospitals & even then only the ones who arrived there already dead. The speed that thrills is the speed that kills, alcohol related or not.

"“She was riding behind me, and the next thing I saw was the van hitting her,” she sobbed."

so it was the van's fault, actually, was it? She didn't hit the van, the van hit her.......yeah right

Thanks for the lesson in how to twist words.