Thai Tourist Police involved with ATM skimming gang sacked

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am pretty sure that the foreign bank will be glad to learn that the main culprit, a police officer, is actually walking free

and ready to skim again...

Bender, I object to your use of the term "police officer" to describe the culprit. I object because in the English language, police officer implies a person that can be trusted, has morals and ethics, and will aid you in times of need.

Much better to refer to him as a BIB or a member of the RTP - that leaves no room for misinterpretation. smile.png

I have to ask what planet are you from, police officers worldwide are involved in crime in all shapes and sizes. We had one cop in our city killed a couple of people and robbed banks in his off duty time.

30220087-01_big.jpg?1384902886669

Police officers eagerly wait their turn to ask the culprits for in-depth details on how to skim an ATM and the best places to pick up a piece of the action.

So how many Russians were arrested? Looks more than two in the picture.

i am pretty sure that the foreign bank will be glad to learn that the main culprit, a police officer, is actually walking free

Where is it stated that he will walk free and not be prosecuted?

Well, the only reference to "consequences" that I saw was a statement to the effect that investigations would be carried out to determine if any "DISCIPLINARY ACTION" was necessary.......................that'll certainly be a deterrent..............or not.

x30220087-01_big.jpg,q1384902886669.page

Police officers eagerly wait their turn to ask the culprits for in-depth details on how to skim an ATM and the best places to pick up a piece of the action.

Now listen say nothing.whistling.gif I will be transferred to an Inactive Post and you will be sent to a Prison there as well.w00t.gif The boss wants to know how much we can get out of this, so we will start over again.thumbsup.gif Only difference is there will be a Prison Officer driving you to the ATM's, we will all have a merry time again drunk.gif

• Like 1

Police officer sacked for helping Russian duo

The Nation

30220087-01_big.jpg?1384902886669

BANGKOK: -- Tourist Police Division chief Maj-General Apichai Theamart said yesterday that Senior Sgt-Major Nonthapan Saengsuk, 37, had been sacked for allegedly helping two Russian criminals, who are believed to have used fake debit and credit cards to withdraw money. He said a disciplinary probe has also been launched to investigate the officer's superiors.

Nonthapan was arrested in Nakhon Ratchasima along with Russian suspects Vasily Ivanoff, 27, and Serge Peterneff, 38, for allegedly conspiring to use fake credit and debit cards to withdraw more than Bt2.9 million from ATM machines across the provincial capital.

The suspects also had in possession more than Bt2.9 million in cash that they had allegedly withdrawn over the past week as well as 328 counterfeit ATM cards.

A subsequent search of the Russian suspects' hotel rooms in Bangkok also turned up more than Bt1.5 million in cash, 31 fake credit cards and evidence suggesting that Ivanoff may have withdrawn about Bt65 million since arriving in Thailand.

Meanwhile, Nakhon Ratchasima police have launched a manhunt for more accomplices - possibly foreigners.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-20

OK, OK

but who is the fourth guy in bracelet.

The translator also got handcuffs, Very serious crime :)

The sad fact about Thailand is, everything has a price! Integrity of the police? Depended on how much they will get from it. Corrupt police, corrupt politicians and corrupt government. That said, let's live and let live, and hopefully, not be the victim:)

I'm in shock, unbelievable, it can't be, impossible, I can't happened,, hang on,, wait a minute,

I forgot, this is Thailand and this is the Thai police...

Tourist Police is not same.

BUT I guess there are in some buddies from there too.

It's a pity they don't treat the police the same when they are involved with Thai nationals in the Jet Ski and other scams inflicted on tourists.

The will have to pay their commanders for hiding this and be given a month suspension to consider why they got involved with a foreign crime gang, then put back on duty no doubt.

It doesn't say he's walking free and ready to skim again.

He has been dismissed from the Tourist Police Force.

Now, being under arrest, he awaits disciplinary action, whatever that is.

disciplinary action:

write 100 times: I am not supposed to get caught!

• Like 1

I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies in that at least he got sacked and not just moved to an inactive post! Seriously the police need to do so much more in their media management and at least make some effort to put forward the message that they are getting tough on corruption - it is appalling really.

It doesn't say he's walking free and ready to skim again.

He has been dismissed from the Tourist Police Force.

Now, being under arrest, he awaits disciplinary action, whatever that is.

Maybe a hefty fine paid to his superiors will be sufficient disciplinary action.

Cannot have a hefty fine for the top boys ...just means the lower ranks have to work harder at scams and gathering funds for their boss's...

Since so many of the scams involving ATMs and internet rip-offs are committed by Russians and Nigerians, I think the Thai government should consider a special 500 baht fee for travellers arriving from Russia and Nigeria to help offset the cost of arresting them and housing them in a Thai jail. This 500 baht fund would fit nicely with the 500 baht medical expense fee they are proposing.

As well as with 500 baht fee to Britons, German and Americans whose citizens committed in most pedophilia cases in Thailand.

• Like 1

Where is it stated that he will walk free and not be prosecuted?

Where is it stated he will be prosecuted ?

Given past performance of the RTP in dealing with their own, even for murder, Bender's speculation seems more than reasonable.

• Like 1

Since so many of the scams involving ATMs and internet rip-offs are committed by Russians and Nigerians, I think the Thai government should consider a special 500 baht fee for travellers arriving from Russia and Nigeria to help offset the cost of arresting them and housing them in a Thai jail. This 500 baht fund would fit nicely with the 500 baht medical expense fee they are proposing.

As well as with 500 baht fee to Britons, German and Americans whose citizens committed in most pedophilia cases in Thailand.

Do you have facts to back this up? Links please?

Or just another silly remark aimed at nationalities other than your own?

Do you have facts to back this up? Links please?

Or just another silly remark aimed at nationalities other than your own?

Lift you head from the sand.

This website is full of links you are requested.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189592-four-foreigners-arrested-for-buying-sex-from-underage-boys/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/170360-61-year-old-american-jailed-for-luring-underage-girls/

and so so on

• Like 1

I know this goes against the grain....but the Police(tourist)Officer in question could still have been a very useful helpful person in other cases and situations. I know a few police officers in the various countries I have lived in and when on duty they were the finest example of law and order. However they did not always abide by that law outside of working hours.

Not saying it is right, just saying he/she could still have been a very helpful Tourist Police Officer and assisted many a foreigner in other situations. As this is TV forum however I have to add that he should be thrown in jail for life, his family stripped of all possessions, his house burned, his car destroyed, and any reference to his name or likeness be struck from the record books for all time. Phew that feels better.