Low class

Kangawallafox

It surprises me she knew some facts about western history. Bet she didn't know that the Pome's found gold in Oz.

I 've been all over Oz for a year together with some UK-friends that i met there. They called us Beavis and Butthead going around the world and we called them Pome's, just for laughs.

Ozzy's are very friendly people and have a great country. I loved to be there.

That girl must have been in a bad mood and i wonder how she knew that piece of Ozzy history. Normally they don't know anything about foreign history and many even think Australia is the same as Austria.

what is really amazing is she probably knows more about western history than americans do

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff, this Topic....first laugh on here for ages...

SO, from the comments about Aussies being convicts and all that jazz...Does this mean that the Uk ows all the aussies over 65yrs a pension , or backpay, with interest....seems many other nationalities have gone to the UK, and claimed it...lets go blokes.biggrin.png

SO, from the comments about Aussies being convicts and all that jazz...Does this mean that the Uk ows all the aussies over 65yrs a pension , or backpay, with interest....seems many other nationalities have gone to the UK, and claimed it...lets go blokes.biggrin.png

what other nationalities can claim a UK pension?

aaaah....anyone that arrives?...clap2.gif You know... like ones that arrive in OZ.

It surprises me she knew some facts about western history. Bet she didn't know that the Pome's found gold in Oz.

I 've been all over Oz for a year together with some UK-friends that i met there. They called us Beavis and Butthead going around the world and we called them Pome's, just for laughs.

Ozzy's are very friendly people and have a great country. I loved to be there.

That girl must have been in a bad mood and i wonder how she knew that piece of Ozzy history. Normally they don't know anything about foreign history and many even think Australia is the same as Austria.

what is really amazing is she probably knows more about western history than americans do

I guess you are right

post-172336-0-96932300-1385002106_thumb.

aaaah....anyone that arrives?...clap2.gif You know... like ones that arrive in OZ.

do you have any proof of that claim?

do you have any proof of that claim?

yeah of course !!! I been reading Thai Visa for years....I am well informed

• Like 1

OP sounds uneducated and ignorant. Here he is a day later insulting this Thai woman on the internet after having been only able to muster out "F*** You" as a response to an innocent mistake. He also does not know how to use commas.

After you use a comma, you press the spare bar and then you continue writing.

tell someone that cares, I have traced my family back to 7 different convicts, one was the first freed convict to own land on Norfolk Island and is in the history books(he stole a sheep to feed his family according to the transcripts). On the otherside I have french(aristocracy) and german descendants and can trace some family back to the 1500's. My family has fought for Australia in both world wars and I am proud of what they accomplished. Australia is tiny in comparison to many countries yet we won the Americas cup(first country to do it in the US), have many world class sportpeople, win more olympic medals than Thailand constantly(have ranked in the top 10, even top 5), win major tennis, golf and cricket tournaments, have invented many top inventions and our soldiers are ranked as one of the worlds best. We might have had ambiguous beginnings but we have more then proved ourselves over the years, like every other country we have out good and bad points but anyone trying to denigrate the country are usually pissed off that we do so well(better then them), especially when you consider Bangkok has a bigger population than all of Australia.thumbsup.gif

True many of the convicts would get 48 hours of community service in this day and age.

• Like 1

OP sounds uneducated and ignorant. Here he is a day later insulting this Thai woman on the internet after having been only able to muster out "F*** You" as a response to an innocent mistake. He also does not know how to use commas.

Space bar...........thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Space bar...........thumbsup.gif

No, I think he meant spare bar. Someone that can go to the trouble to point out the incorrect usage of English by other people could not themselves ever make a mistake.

(Notice my correct use of the comma in the first sentence)

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

Or is that not the case ? Have I been misinformed ?

No you have not been misinformed. I once heard a researcher on the history of Australia say that one in Three Australian born are descended from the original convicts. I would imagine in recent years that has changed.

what also was interesting was like the original settlers in the states they might not have made it if it hadn't been for help from the natives. Both countries then turned on the origanal natives and even today look down on them. Not quite as openly as they used to.

I believe it was only in the early 90s that they started teaching their history in school. O suspect they were a little ashamed of it.

Taking the early settlers/convicted criminals subject a little further??

Australians like to boast about how sturdy their soldiers are and their sportsmen and teams ability to "Punch above their weight??

There were, an interesting topic in either 'Time' or 'Newsweek' many, many years ago about gene pools?? The Aussies were mentioned, owing to how the settlers/convicts had to (mostly) build their own shelters, scavenge (mostly) for food. So only the strong willed, strong physically and determined males survived. The weak, sick etc died owing to no help from others. This gene pool spread itself throughout the open plan jail (My Joke) called Australia, the rest we know as sporting records that the drunks in Pattaya regale us with.

The article finished with the predominance of American blacks in many physical games and sports. Explanation were that, only the strong and fit were allowed to mate/breed in the Southern (slave) plantations. So therefore again only the strong were allowed to pass on their genes.

The article bent over backwards to say it were not racial stereotyping, but in fact true. Same as pedigree dogs, race horses et al only winners are allowed to pass on their genes.......

Interesting read, but having worked offshore with a lot of Ozzies I can just imagine them with cudgels, daggers and sticks assaulting poor landowners and monks around closing time for a loaf of bread :-)

Edited by tmd5855
  • Like 1

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

No you have not been misinformed. I once heard a researcher on the history of Australia say that one in Three Australian born are descended from the original convicts. I would imagine in recent years that has changed.

what also was interesting was like the original settlers in the states they might not have made it if it hadn't been for help from the natives. Both countries then turned on the origanal natives and even today look down on them. Not quite as openly as they used to.

I believe it was only in the early 90s that they started teaching their history in school. O suspect they were a little ashamed of it.

Taking the early settlers/convicted criminals subject a little further??

Australians like to boast about how sturdy their soldiers are and their sportsmen and teams ability to "Punch above their weight??

There were, an interesting topic in either 'Time' or 'Newsweek' many, many years ago about gene pools?? The Aussies were mentioned, owing to how the settlers/convicts had to (mostly) build their own shelters, scavenge (mostly) for food. So only the strong willed, strong physically and determined males survived. The weak, sick etc died owing to no help from others. This gene pool spread itself throughout the open plan jail (My Joke) called Australia, the rest we know as sporting records that the drunks in Pattaya regale us with.

The article finished with the predominance of American blacks in many physical games and sports. Explanation were that, only the strong and fit were allowed to mate/breed in the Southern (slave) plantations. So therefore again only the strong were allowed to pass on their genes.

The article bent over backwards to say it were not racial stereotyping, but in fact true. Same as pedigree dogs, race horses et al only winners are allowed to pass on their genes.......

Interesting read, but having worked offshore with a lot of Ozzies I can just imagine them with cudgels, daggers and sticks assaulting poor landowners and monks around closing time for a loaf of bread :-)

Didn't help the Ozzies at Twickenham 2 weeks ago :)

I was informed by a friends thai girlfriend who looked like a dogs dinner that us Australians are under all other farang as we were convicts.

I find the sort of ignorant stereotype that all Australian people are descended from convicts both offensive and inaccurate.

I mean, the prison warders had to go too, right? biggrin.png

( I'm kidding)

About the only time I hear this argument is every time there is an Ashes cricket series on. Its even started again this year. Mind you the Poms do have the upper hand - in the cricket. Incidentally, I think its now 31% of Australians who were either born in Asia or whose parents were. Many Australians with Chinese backgrounds are now 4th or even 5th generation. Furthermore Chinese sailors visited northern parts of Australia several hundred years before Cook and his mates. Even more astounding, there was a kangaroo in Beijing Zoo in 89 AD. So the convicts from England stuff is a minor detail in the history of migration to Oz. For those interested read Gavin Menzies book - 1421 it will change your perception of history.

About the only time I hear this argument is every time there is an Ashes cricket series on. Its even started again this year. Mind you the Poms do have the upper hand - in the cricket. Incidentally, I think its now 31% of Australians who were either born in Asia or whose parents were. Many Australians with Chinese backgrounds are now 4th or even 5th generation. Furthermore Chinese sailors visited northern parts of Australia several hundred years before Cook and his mates. Even more astounding, there was a kangaroo in Beijing Zoo in 89 AD. So the convicts from England stuff is a minor detail in the history of migration to Oz. For those interested read Gavin Menzies book - 1421 it will change your perception of history.

minor detail?? lol

For sure. Putting aside history, the actual numbers and the impact on the culture and economic development of Australia of successive waves of immigrants from Asia, and Europe, in the past 100 years, far outweighs anything achieved in the convict era.

nonsense! the original settlers laid the groundwork that programmed which immigrants would come later, when they would come and what institutions they would live with. they also determined how the original inhabitants would be treated. australia is the country it is today due to the types of original immigrants that came.

Thanks mate,I was not aware she was telling the truth when she said we Aussies are beneath everyone.

By the way not all Aussies are descendants of convicts so you are misinformed.

For all the Aussies on line, just remember Michael Jackson here thinks Aussies are low class.

Classy post mate.

Names himself after a drug addicted pedophile and thinks you are low class?

Either a very sick or very misinformed person.

Let's all bow our heads far a moment of silence and pity the fool!

P.S. I'm from that other country founded by Briton's rejects, U.S.A.

And proud we didn't fit into the royal plan of colonization and suppression in the 1770s,

Kicked their butts, sent them home and then saved their butts a couple of times in the 1900s. with the aid of our fellow rejects from Oz.

As for you Michael...Beat it...just beat it!

lol! you were a colony too frickin cheap to pay for your own defence against the folks whose land you were determined to steal. and you didnt have the guts to come to their defence until you were attacked yourselves. unlike you,

the guys from oz didnt need to be begged, they understood what was needed.

Australia was NOT colonised by convicts, Australia was colonised by the British Empire.

Less than 1% of all non indigenous whites were in fact convicts or people working within the prison system.

Like the OP's little Thai "friend" try and read up a little before posting your usual idiotic comments...

• Like 2

Australia was NOT colonised by convicts, Australia was colonised by the British Empire.

Less than 1% of all non indigenous whites were in fact convicts or people working within the prison system.

Like the OP's little Thai "friend" try and read up a little before posting your usual idiotic comments...

you say less than 1% but you dont give us the time period. do you mean at NO TIME since the first white?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Australian

Edited by AYJAYDEE