Low class

Kangawallafox

I was informed by a friends thai girlfriend who looked like a dogs dinner that us Australians are under all other farang as we were convicts.

This absolutely cracked me up no end,I'm usually quick off the mark but I was a little taken back and the only response I could muster was f you.

I should have ignored her however her comment came out of the blue during a friendly dinner,she was completely straight faced and seemed completely unaware it was insulting and was talking like she was truly trying to educate me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am European and always good for a bad joke about other countries, but that would not come into my mind.

While I know they historic background, that is a couple hundred years ago.

Maybe ask her if she can still speak Khmer, because Thailand is basically a part of the Khmer empire (at least until a few hundred years).

• Like 2

This is the first time I have ever heard of a Thai Sheila who has an in-depth knowledge of Australian history or of any sort of world history outside of Thailand and being a looker also, your friend should hang on to this one, she sounds like an absolute gem, which is a, shag on a rock.

Anyway, the original white Australian settlers were only cockneys who enjoyed going on sailing trips, sport.

Just on the beginning.......Still many people go to Australia and most aren't convicts.

This is the first time I have ever heard of a Thai Sheila who has an in-depth knowledge of Australian history or of any sort of world history outside of Thailand and being a looker also, your friend should hang on to this one, she sounds like an absolute gem, which is a, shag on a rock.

Anyway, the original white Australian settlers were only cockneys who enjoyed going on sailing trips, sport.

Hardly in depth knowledge,beyond convict she was lost.

By the way where did you get she was a looker from.

Think it's obvious her ex pom boyfriend had been feeding her info about Aussies,strange.

You told her to F' off.... you've now cemented her opinion...

When generalising I can also see how the Aussie 'matter of fact' way of dealing with things and phrasing them is a little too direct and perhaps crass for the more demure Thai demeanour.

But really - the simple and most realistic answer is how an Aussie would put it: 'She's just a dumb b!$ch who's up herself' !!

It's quite amusing to hear that as most Aussies who can trace their lineage back to the convict setlers are proud of it. It's a badge of honour. Some are even proud of being 10 pound Poms. But none are proud to be called the West Island, which I thought would be the greatest honour of all.

• Like 2

Well, considering the large number of convicts in relation to the total number of immigrants, chances are high that Aussies are descendants from murderers, con men, robbers and rapists. Higher than any other nationality. So whether you like it or not or even fail to recognise that fact, she probably DID school you...

Did you know that folk were sent there for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their family.........?

• Like 2

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

Or is that not the case ? Have I been misinformed ?

Thanks mate,I was not aware she was telling the truth when she said we Aussies are beneath everyone.

By the way not all Aussies are descendants of convicts so you are misinformed.

For all the Aussies on line, just remember Michael Jackson here thinks Aussies are low class.

Classy post mate.

Geez, Kang, chill out. We Americans joke about it all the time. We like the Aussies, certainly, but everybody knows about the convict angle. Nothing "beneath everyone" about that aspect of your history. Heck, there's a long list of stuff about America that we're ashamed of. But it doesn't mean I'm ashamed to be an American. If you're that thin-skinned, perhaps try being a hermit.

Very thick skinned,however I'm not thick headed.

Read your post and show me the joke and punch line,fine now I know but hardly written in a numerous way you must admit.

Edited by Kangawallafox

Well, considering the large number of convicts in relation to the total number of immigrants, chances are high that Aussies are descendants from murderers, con men, robbers and rapists. Higher than any other nationality. So whether you like it or not or even fail to recognise that fact, she probably DID school you...

Yes my friends bar girl missus sure did school me.

Hence the reason I have an accountant and he a bar girl,I was not wise enough or classy enough to get a girl on her level,we Aussies just cannot keep up.

An accountant? Well I guess that puts things in completely new perspective.

But she did school you.

Op: Is your issue with.....

A) That a girl whom you consider is below you (bargirl) considers you (Aussie) is below her ?

cool.png That she may have had an ex who's taught her such despicable bigotry ?

C) The truth hurts ?

D) That other members of this forum have joined in on the windup ?

Or all of the above...

cheesy.gif

To the OP

The correct answer was "And I thought all Thai girls were hookers"

It's always a show stopper!

And that one there is the humdinger of replies... I've used it too...

Drinking with Thai friends when one of their girls (not serious girl friend) turns up..

We're all a little drunk and when introduced to me she announces in Thai that she doesn't like Farangs, they treat all Thai girls like hookers...

To which I replied... I don't like Thai Girls, they are all hookers !!

The guys fell about laughing... she didn't speak after that...

• Like 2

Hardly in depth knowledge,beyond convict she was lost.

By the way where did you get she was a looker from.

Think it's obvious her ex pom boyfriend had been feeding her info about Aussies,strange.

Obviously got Dog's Dinner confused with Dog's <deleted>facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I'm sure she's as well informed as the stereotype would suggest.

Forgive them for they do know know what they do.

You can't help but pity such a limited world view, nowhere's perfect, and Thailand's a lot closer to being a failed state than utopia.

Aussies don't care about the whole convict thing. The way we we treated the Aborigines is something to be ashamed though.

It's actually bloody nice down under, there's tons of land, and life's pretty good (if a bit expensive).

Be careful arguing with idiots like like that, she'll drag you down to her level and beat you with experience.

• Like 1

Did you know that folk were sent there for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their family.........?

I knew they were convicted of crimes. But if you have a name and a record of the sentence I'll be happy to take your comment into consideration.

Here's a link to the entire register of convicts:

http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/family-history/info-guides/convicts

That

So, who was the geezer?

That database is incredible! 160,000 convicts is a lot of dads

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aussies don't care about the whole convict thing. The way we we treated the Aborigines is something to be ashamed though.

It's actually bloody nice down under, there's tons of land, and life's pretty good (if a bit expensive).

I hate the convict thing. To me it's an insult and I think much of the time that's how it's intended. Maybe if I was actually descended from convicts I might feel differently.

Excuse me but I don't really get it. Some low life made some noise during dinner. Why do you even care? Insignificant.

Well it's not causing me to lose sleep,as I said it was funny as he'll.

I just thought it was worth a mention,I will post on brands of milk in 7/11 or something,more significant.

Everything here is significant,just a bunch of blokes shooting the shit.

• Like 1

But she was infact telling the truth, Australia ( other than the native aboriginies) was in fact colonised largely by convicts.

Or is that not the case ? Have I been misinformed ?

Thanks mate,I was not aware she was telling the truth when she said we Aussies are beneath everyone.

By the way not all Aussies are descendants of convicts so you are misinformed.

For all the Aussies on line, just remember Michael Jackson here thinks Aussies are low class.

Classy post mate.

Geez, Kang, chill out. We Americans joke about it all the time. We like the Aussies, certainly, but everybody knows about the convict angle. Nothing "beneath everyone" about that aspect of your history. Heck, there's a long list of stuff about America that we're ashamed of. But it doesn't mean I'm ashamed to be an American. If you're that thin-skinned, perhaps try being a hermit.

Wot ' e said (and I'm English w00t.gif )