Elderly gentleman

Kangawallafox

I was just chatting with a good friend of mine. She's 33, attractive, single, works at a jewelry store in Bangkok. We talk about everything and she's an honest person. She never lied to me.

Here're her thoughts, guess it's a good one coming from a Thai woman.Page me if you'd like to get to know her. As I'd already mentioned, she's single.

I think sometime the old man pay more attention than the young man even sometime sex was not so good but he is the good man to take care his girl.

Good question if she would have sex with a younger guy, when the man is much older, but you know some women dont care about sex much but they happy to live with the guy who love and taking care her really.

Ok, i accept the young man can make woman happy on having sex but you know sometime the old could do too and better than young man lol, seem like they have more experience. Some young one seems like he is very hot on sex but he never know what woman like and just do as he want to do and he think this is the best.

P.S. That's an opinion of an attractive Thai woman. -wai2.gif

What an absolutely disgusting way of thinking,sex was mentioned numerous times,as was take care and we know that means money money.

No mention of love.

Don't call my friend disgusting, I was asking her how she felt about sex, when staying with an older man. And all women on this planet will think about money as their first priority.

What's love for you, might not be love for others. It's a feeling, an emotion, I'd guess.-wai2.gif

By the way,don't speak for all the decent girls out there,money is a priority to everyone but not the first,speak for yourself but not for the good girls of Thailand.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many Asian countries older man are seen as a good relationship (this can be there own nationality or an other nationality).

If you not consider working girls/ladys (for then it is only a job). Many woman want a stronger (confident) older partner. Older men are many times more secure and mature (it is not always about the money).

Many Asian woman (not working girls) are single and desperate about having a partner. Many woman, who don't have a partner (or are seperated now) are undersexed and need somebody to hold them and make love with them.

Many Asian woman where mistreated in there relationships before and also have many times children. Because cultural differences a 'foreign' man is more likely to accept a girl/woman which was in a relationship before and has children from an another man.

I can tell you from living in Thailand for a long time, that many many woman prefer older man for there relationship (not about the money).

I was just chatting with a good friend of mine. She's 33, attractive, single, works at a jewelry store in Bangkok. We talk about everything and she's an honest person. She never lied to me.

Here're her thoughts, guess it's a good one coming from a Thai woman.Page me if you'd like to get to know her. As I'd already mentioned, she's single.

I think sometime the old man pay more attention than the young man even sometime sex was not so good but he is the good man to take care his girl.

Good question if she would have sex with a younger guy, when the man is much older, but you know some women dont care about sex much but they happy to live with the guy who love and taking care her really.

Ok, i accept the young man can make woman happy on having sex but you know sometime the old could do too and better than young man lol, seem like they have more experience. Some young one seems like he is very hot on sex but he never know what woman like and just do as he want to do and he think this is the best.

What an absolutely disgusting way of thinking,sex was mentioned numerous times,as was take care and we know that means money money.

No mention of love.

Don't call my friend disgusting, I was asking her how she felt about sex, when staying with an older man.

I'm sorry,I forgot to note you mention old men,young men,sex numerous times and take care.

You were right to ask her she sounds very very experienced from what you posted.

Don't waste my time.-wai2.gif

Hang out around the universities. Girls are with Thai guys their own age (or within a few years). With the exception of mia nois who only visit with their sponsor for short periods of time.

Hang out around Pattaya, girls are with older foreign guys (younger Thai guys in their personal lives) looking for sponsors and marriage.

It's hard for a lot of older guys to swallow but as far as I know I haven't seen any pics of older guys with their shirts off in any of the media targeted at women...unless it's a joke of course.

Spot on its hard to swallow for older guys, you are right just look at universities and in normal life.

Of course some go for older for the money and security, i seen it too and seen those woman stray too.

If older was that desire able you would see it in movies and Thai soaps but we dont. It just says it all what we like we see in movies and advertising.

But of course there are exceptions of this general rule there always

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

On my first visit to Festival Mall in CM today, we spotted loads of old Thai guys walking around the mall and having lunch with their 'daughters'. You guys that think it's abnormal ought to get out a bit more.

It's not abnormal at all but the Thai men are far more pragmatic than the farang buffaloes.

You're not as likely to see them professing their undying love and building houses in the wilds of Isaan for those "daughters".

If you read Thai there is at least one suicide by the Thai male per day. Try learning how to read Thai and get back to us.

By the way, a small aside.

Do any of us in an age difference relationship feel that, especially women of a certain age, look on disapprovingly?

Two guys or two women can stroll down the main street arm in arm, can be openly gay as neck, as transgender as heck, be in a black/white relationship or Muslim/Christian and these relationships are fine.

But an age difference and especially man with a younger woman?

Mmmmmm.

No mention of love.

Don't call my friend disgusting, I was asking her how she felt about sex, when staying with an older man.

I'm sorry,I forgot to note you mention old men,young men,sex numerous times and take care.

You were right to ask her she sounds very very experienced from what you posted.

Don't waste my time.-wai2.gif

I apologise,I know your time is better spent talking to your very experienced friends who's number one priority is money about sex with older and younger farang.

Keep I mind those things I just wrote we're said by you,not me,I'm just apologizing.

Great points by many,I'm certain without a shadow of a doubt there are older guys with happy young wives,and also some who are on the take,can apply to any age though.

What I can see here though is a bit of a dislike for young men by the older men here.

Since you started the thread you owe it to us to actually count. I think there are 3 anti young men and 96 anti old men but you may get a different count. Prove me wrong.biggrin.png

I can't see how you can expect an answer that's going to be worth having to be honest.

Based on a question that starts with "What do Thai women prefer.....?" given that there are over 30 million of them, and they will all have different preferences.

Similar to asking "What do Australian men prefer.....?"

Culture is one thing, but it doesn't affect everything like some kind of blanket that's been thrown over the whole population. As I'm sure you're aware, it doesn't do that in your home country either.

No this is not fair,I have a good reason to ask,I don't see vast numbers of girls at home dating older men,much much older men.

So it is fair to say if I see it in Thailand every 5 minutes,and rarely ever in Australia,it may be a cultural thing.

Absolute nonsense. Once outside of the prostitution areas of Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya, CM and so on you never see it. Lasts weekend I went to the mall and looked at 5000 people and I was the only one with a much younger wife. 99% Thai and 1% Farang population at the mall.

Great points by many,I'm certain without a shadow of a doubt there are older guys with happy young wives,and also some who are on the take,can apply to any age though.

What I can see here though is a bit of a dislike for young men by the older men here.

Since you started the thread you owe it to us to actually count. I think there are 3 anti young men and 96 anti old men but you may get a different count. Prove me wrong.biggrin.png

I can't prove you wrong,probably right.

I can't see how you can expect an answer that's going to be worth having to be honest.

Based on a question that starts with "What do Thai women prefer.....?" given that there are over 30 million of them, and they will all have different preferences.

Culture is one thing, but it doesn't affect everything like some kind of blanket that's been thrown over the whole population. As I'm sure you're aware, it doesn't do that in your home country either.

No this is not fair,I have a good reason to ask,I don't see vast numbers of girls at home dating older men,much much older men.

So it is fair to say if I see it in Thailand every 5 minutes,and rarely ever in Australia,it may be a cultural thing.

Absolute nonsense. Once outside of the prostitution areas of Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya, CM and so on you never see it. Lasts weekend I went to the mall and looked at 5000 people and I was the only one with a much younger wife. 99% Thai and 1% Farang population at the mall.

Of coarse you will not see it,there were no farang about.

I'm not talking about older thai men,surely you know that come on brother don't make me spell it out.

I'm not talking about older thai men,surely you know that come on brother don't make me spell it out.

It is like drawing all of your experiences about Australia from Kings Cross eh?

A different culture with different preferences, however in old time the husband as a provider was also important in the West today many women are self supported and therefore have other preferences; and that change seems to come to Thailand also.

It's not a different culture, it's a different government.

In the west more ladies are supported by the state than 'self supported'.

Which is why Thailand won't change. The Thai government won't give the Thai girls stuff for nothing.

Edited by FiftyTwo

honestly, I do feel like it is more common here for women to be ok with older guys or actually prefer it. I have met several women who have told me about their husbands, boyfriends or their ideal ones--THAI-- and say that they like them a little older because they are more established and don't run around drinking and womanizing so much. I don't know if that is true or not, but that is what these women said.

Granted, those women were slightly older, like mid-30s to mid 40s...they were stoked to have a 50, 55 or 60 year old hubby...be together, work, take care of the house and all that jazz.

That said, 1) bar girls are just lying to you (well, being truthful in that they want an older guy because that means pension, no work, etc.) 2 Little 20 year old university hotties aren't interested in older guys, Thai or falang. They want hot young guys, probably Thai, maybe foreign. However, they might grin and bear it with an older guy as they let visions of BAHT float through their head. Have definitely seen that among my students at university. Believe me, when the older guy leaves, they call up their boyfriends and go enjoy the guy's short time payment (not just talking about foreigners here....seen it with Thai girls I knew).

All that said....it is hard to generalize. You can have a youngish woman who has been through some stuff and just decide they want a more settled man and I know some relationships like this that work. I think it is sort of like many places in the west used to be. My grandfather was 10 years older than my grandmother and nobody batted and eye. Even earlier in the US, greater differences were common. So, I sort of see it that way.

Remember that old expression "Well, your dad was a good provider"? This was a very common expression in the US not too long ago. Despite other faults, that was the man's job. I know it's in movies, but I know parents of some of my friends who have said it--heck, I think my mom said it to me once. Now, you probably wouldn't get as many American women saying that, but in Thailand, it seems like it is still the main consideration for men. Women have their roles, and the man's is to provide. Again, a generalization, but seems more on that side of the spectrum here.

Edited by dao16

I'm sure all hot young Thai women just love having some prune-like toothless old boy in his sock/sandal/wife-beater singletby their side as they swan into a night club in front of all their pals who are sat with their young handsome Thai BFs........

You omitted bald and sporting a beer belly. Such restraint - unlike your post. It describes a phenomenon so extreme that it makes a total nonsense of your post.

Don't see it in kings cross either,are we confused here,are you telling me you don't see a lot of older men with younger ladies getting around Thailand,is that what your saying.

Please tell me your not saying that.

A different culture with different preferences, however in old time the husband as a provider was also important in the West today many women are self supported and therefore have other preferences; and that change seems to come to Thailand also.

It's not a different culture, it's a different government.

In the west more ladies are supported by the state than 'self supported'.

Which is why Thailand won't change. The Thai government won't give the Thai girls stuff for nothing.

Thailand 1% unemployment. USA real unemployment 14.3 percent Forbes.

Don't see it in kings cross either,are we confused here,are you telling me you don't see a lot of older men with younger ladies getting around Thailand,is that what your saying.

I live in the richest province in Thailand and I don't see any Farang. I don't see any Farang with younger women. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=564028&page=2

I don't think they necessarily prefer older blokes but there doesn't seem to be the cultural problem with a large age difference relationship that there is in the UK. My wife is about the same age as me but her mum had a much older husband and one of her brothers has a much younger wife - it doesn't seem to be limited to farang+thai relationships.

I live in the richest province in Thailand and I don't see any Farang. I don't see any Farang with younger women. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=564028&page=2

So it's no more prevalent in Thailand then in other countries,is that what your saying.

I think you telling porky pies.

I'm sure you do have a good reason to ask, but my point is, that a generalisation will only attract generalised responses.

If you see this 'phenomenon' every 5 minutes in Thailand, that would suggest that you might possibly be in a part of the country where there are quite a few, how shall I put it....'professional ladies'?

I do think that there is a cultural thing going on, but not necessarily in Thailand. I think it's in the western world that certain lines have been drawn as to who it is acceptable to have a relationship with. Not so much in Asia, where people often have different criteria.

So, given that the 'age thing' isn't so much of a thing, generally speaking, that certain areas of Thailand will attract foreigners in fairly large numbers, and people who are able to leave their home country and set up home in another one would be more likely to be slightly older (able to retire reasonably young would also imply that they might be able to afford a reasonably comfortable existence as well) then I think you might come close to explaining what you see regularly in the areas of Thailand that you frequent.

Once you get further 'upcountry' though, you might see a different demographic. Young people marrying people of their own age, and usually people they have known since they were both toddlers, in a small village community, there aren't many people they haven't known since birth really!

So, for Thai people who live in the smaller, more rural communities (and that's pretty much the majority really), I would suggest that it would be more normal to see people of similar ages together.

That is also a generalisation, of course. There will be exceptions to that, where people meet, fall in love, and marry, despite an age difference.

So to fully explain what I meant in my first, rather short post, I don't think any cultural differences can be easily explained. Culture is difficult to apply to individuals.

It does exist, but affects different people in different ways. Some are more influenced by it than others. Many are unaware of it's affect on them, and indeed totally unaware of what it is!

Your own often only becomes apparent when you travel to a place, or have exposure to people from a different one.

Get our of your tourist jungle. Get out of your Issan ghetto. The real Thailand is not Phuket with a bunch of drunks and ladyboys setting the tempo for normal behavior. Thailand has a butcher, baker and candlestick maker. It is not all bar girls and old dudes. I go to Tesco Lotus daily and I can count the Farang I see weekly on two hands. More now though as season has started but not on an average.

Edited by thailiketoo

Get our of your tourist jungle. Get out of your Issan ghetto. The real Thailand is not Phuket with a bunch of drunks and ladyboys setting the tempo for normal behavior. Thailand has a butcher, baker and candlestick maker. It is not all bar girls and old dudes. I go to Tesco Lotus daily and I can count the Farang I see weekly on two hands. More now though as season has started but not on an average.

I have never been to Phuket,but sometimes you do go to malls in sukhimvit and it is certainly far more apparent then the other thirty or so countries I have been to.

Saw it often,but never saw it at all elsewhere.

Of course they'd prefer a guy of similar age, nationality and interests in most cases.

Must be quite embarrassing for them walking around hand in hand with a guy who'd old enough to be your granddad especially if he's a foreigner as everyone will instantly assume he's a monger and her a whore.